Spyder Garage

Default F4 Customs Shorty Windshield ?

It has probably been asked but the F4 Customs shorty windshield claims to be 3" shorter than the stock RT windshield. I know the 2010 is taller than the 2011 and up. My question is, is the F4 shorty 3" shorter than the 2011 and newer. I know you can cut the stock one down and I did do that to mine but it has gotten some bad scratches on it that drive me nuts so it has to go. I would prefer to order one shorter rather than get another one that has to be cut down. If anyone has one of these and can give me an exact measurement form top to bottom in the center of the shield that would be great. Thanks
    Last edited by StriperKing; 05-20-2013 at 10:19 PM.

States We Have Been To On Our Spyder

My mods: Green filter, Air box mod., Muzzy exhaust, Cat Bypass, Exhaust Heat Wraped, Powder coated all Bare Metal surfaces, Capt. Jim`s Belt Tensioner, Custom Built Highway Pegs, Elka front shocks, RS-S rear shock, 2011 smaller windshield, Dynojet PowercommanderV & Autotune, NGK iridiom DCPR9IEX spark plugs, Maxxis MA-Z4S Victra rear tire, General Altimax HP 185/60R14 front tires, Corbin seat & backrest, BRP hitch. I need to stop!

Spyder Garage

When I talked to them, they told me they use the 2011/newer windshield for their measurements.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StriperKing View Post
    It has probably been asked but the F4 Customs shorty windshield claims to be 3" shorter than the stock RT windshield. I know the 2010 is taller than the 2011 and up. My question is, is the F4 shorty 3" shorter than the 2011 and newer. I know you can cut the stock one down and I did do that to mine but it has gotten some bad scratches on it that drive me nuts so it has to go. I would prefer to order one shorter rather than get another one that has to be cut down. If anyone has one of these and can give me an exact measurement form top to bottom in the center of the shield that would be great. Thanks
    24" tall at the center point, 32 1/4" wide, and thicker than most windshields.

F4.jpg

Last edited by cjackg; 05-22-2013 at 06:29 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default I went this way

This isn't for every body, but I wanted a little more wind in the face. It's below eye level but can be raised for more protection if needed. The fact that it's tented doesn't help see as good when in the up position. So far not been a problem for me because when raining I wear a full face helmet. Would look really good on black bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    States Judy and I have visited so far on the

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rcdurango View Post
    This isn't for every body, but I wanted a little more wind in the face. It's below eye level but can be raised for more protection if needed. The fact that it's tented doesn't help see as good when in the up position. So far not been a problem for me because when raining I wear a full face helmet. Would look really good on black bike.
    That does look good but I put mine up in the winter so I willl go with the clear. Do they offer that tinted one or did you have that done?

My mods: Green filter, Air box mod., Muzzy exhaust, Cat Bypass, Exhaust Heat Wraped, Powder coated all Bare Metal surfaces, Capt. Jim`s Belt Tensioner, Custom Built Highway Pegs, Elka front shocks, RS-S rear shock, 2011 smaller windshield, Dynojet PowercommanderV & Autotune, NGK iridiom DCPR9IEX spark plugs, Maxxis MA-Z4S Victra rear tire, General Altimax HP 185/60R14 front tires, Corbin seat & backrest, BRP hitch. I need to stop!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    When I talked to them, they told me they use the 2011/newer windshield for their measurements.
    Thanks for the info. I also like looking over the windshield and I am only 5"-8"

Spyder Garage

Default F4 Customs Shorty Windshield ?

Bought it like that. Cal- Si
    States Judy and I have visited so far on the