Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Not all DPS limp mode codes are equal

My 2012 RTS SE5 through a DPS limp home mode on me Sunday 30 miles home Called the dealer today they said bring it right down ( great dealer Twin City) rush home from work jump on strat it up and NO CODES. Now in the back of my small little mind I remember reading something about ( shutting the off take out the key and walking away for a while 20 min) so I gi on down to the dealer anyway drove fine all the way there told the service manager who asked if I had a little time sure i say. Off the goes to tech land 20 minutes later I see it headed down the road 10 minutes its back to tech land another 15 and the tech says its running fine no codes of it happens again HE SAYS shut it off and let it set for 20 minutes or so for the computer to reboot and the code may just go away. I'm just glad they jumped on it for me and it,s back home ready for next weekend

Spyder Garage

Possibly (emphasis added) watch your brake.

Chris

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    Possibly (emphasis added) watch your brake.

Chris
    Thanks but I'm not a brake ryder

Spyder Garage

Were you on a long curve or did you have a strong crosswind? If so, it could have been a steering sensor mismatch. This condition times out after a while, and tosses you into limp mode. Could also be caused by a slight steering sensor miscalibration. If it happens again, have your dealer zero your steering sensors. These issues usually don't leave any fault codes behind.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

I have the same DPS on a long curve, the same curve, at 62-63 mph. Very Gradual curve. Happened before the Elka's and after only once.. Dealer Downloaded and sent codes to BRP but was told that nothing was out of ordinary because of A Very Sensitive Nanny..
    2011 RT LTD w/XM. And a heavily modified and happy owner.