Thread: Need Alignment

Spyder Garage

Question Need Alignment

I have over 8,000 miles on my Spyder ST. Noticed my front tires were wearing on the edges. Was told I probably need an Alignment, also that I should rotate my front tires once a year. Any thoughts.

Spyder Garage

Default Alignment

Husband experienced this on our last trip and found out the original dealer did not get the alignment right and nor did the second! Grrr
    They take over 4 hrs. to do and most techs do not do it correctly; so be sure you go to a reputable dealer to have it done. Your tires should not be wearing at 8K miles! I have 19,700 on mine and they look like new. (had to replace the rear at 15,300).
    Good luck.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllis View Post
    I have over 8,000 miles on my Spyder ST. Noticed my front tires were wearing on the edges. Was told I probably need an Alignment, also that I should rotate my front tires once a year. Any thoughts.
    I think the tires are directional and shouldn't be rotated...I guess they could be un mounted then re mounted on opposite wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AWEInCA View Post
    I think the tires are directional and shouldn't be rotated...I guess they could be un mounted then re mounted on opposite wheels.
    They are directional and, yep, the process is as you describe. Word of caution though...I experienced a front end wobble after having my front tires rotated. New non-OEM tires installed "fixed" the wobble. My new tires are directional as well. Don't think I'll rotate them, ever.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded