Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGA View Post
    I would call the dealer and tell him the problems you are having. Ask them to pick it up, fix the problem, and return it. At BRP expense.

Mike
    Problem was resolved. See post #23.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear they finally resolved the issue and you are back on the road again. Enjoy your ryde this weekend, and I hope you won't run into any more issues.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 2012 RSS

Quote Originally Posted by spyder-mumba View Post
    What the heck! My brand new 2013 RSS Se5 is overheating and going into Limp Mode. She did it on a 2mile ride at 68F and yesterday it actually shut down once and went into Limp mode 3X. This is sucking every bit of joy out of my new ride.
    Can anyone tell me what is going on?
    Did they forget to do something or leave something in the coooling system covered when they built it out of the crate?
    I feel for you. I have a 2012 RSS that overheated without warning. No indication it was running hot and after I parked it in my garage I suddenly had anti-freeze everywhere from what I think was the cap. Dealer does not impressed me and cannot lo0k at it until the 25th. Which probably means I will not get to ride until after the 4th. This will mean I will lose one of the good three months of riding in Colorado. I will however go thru the recommendation from other posters hoping for the answer. Thanks

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Defective parts

He was lucky but now there will always be that niggly feeling every time it hiccups or burps. It is a shame to find the dealer is only interested solely in the net profit total of his profit or loss dollars. Do not make the assumption that I am against making a profit. He has to make a profit or close the doors forever. Believe me I know as I was once a General Manager of a commercial refrigeration service company in Daytona Beach many years ago! The owner was a real strict man with the attitude the customer may not be right. But he is the customer and our goal is to get his money and keep as much as we can!q