Spyder Garage

Default Air Hawk Seat Cushions

Am curious to how many Spyder Owners have Air Hawk Seat Cushions and what they think of them and which one they went with.

Does it really make a difference?

Does it keep your caboose cool?

Does it really take pressure off the family jewels like it claims?

Thanks--am thinking about getting one but not sure which one and if it is worth the $200.00 price tag.
    2015 RT-Limited SE6-TricLED Fender LED's (Red and Amber), 3rd LED Brake Light/Tail Light, ISCI Handbrake with black small hands handle,Spyderpops Rock Guard. ,Can-Am Adjustable Wing Vents, Bumpskid, Bajaron's Sway-Bar with metal Heim Joints. Elkas Stage 2 Plus., TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors, TricLED Jumper Port, Laser Aligned!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Elembytes View Post
    Am curious to how many Spyder Owners have Air Hawk Seat Cushions and what they think of them and which one they went with.

Thanks--am thinking about getting one but not sure which one and if it is worth the $200.00 price tag.
    I keep my Air Hawk in the trailer for a little relief on long trips. After about a half day my butt starts to get weary (doesn't have the padding it used to have when I was younger). I find the Air Hawk refreshes me enough to go another three or four hours. The secret is not to put too much air in it. That defeats the purpose of the air cushion that works it's way around your body.

I have tried using it full time but that doesn't work as well for me as using it this way. Also it puts me about a couple of inches higher and the air stream over the windshield isn't as comfortable so I am always moving the windshield up and down a bit to find the comfort zone.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

I have the Airhawk R and like it a lot, you get a money back offer if you don't like it.

I ride 3-400 miles then I put the Airhawk on and it's like a new seat, it starts out with very little air almost flat. If my butt gets a little numb I add a little more air. Not good for twisties as you sit on the Airhawk not in, but for long touring type rides its great.

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

I have a triple rotation going on my RS: my Ultimate seat, a Beadrider, and an Airhawk-R. I usually find that 2 out of 3 are enough for most any trip, but I bring all 3 on my longest road trips (neither take up much space).

I find that in the twisties, the basic seat or the Beadrider are best (the ladder allows me to "slide" into corners).

But to eat up the miles, the Airhawk is best. Again, as noted above, inflate it just enough to take you off the seat, that's plenty.
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Airhawk

I too have the Airhawk R. I only use it on long trips and in the summer time. But, I do use it on long trips in the car. Works great for my back. Relieves the pressure off my back in the truck or car.
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

you HAVE to dish out the foam so you sit in the right position but I can not feel my butt and I was getting pressure spots and I ran 27.5 hours straight over 1500 miles on the bike and no pressure spots. I have the 9 by 11 sized one with the long way across.

I got a new seat from lamont and it is awesome but the airhawk is the way to go for the stock seat.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i've got the airhawk r this is my second one my first one flew off the seat as i was trailering it to s/f this year 200 out the door i never thought it would fly off with the straps holding it.but what i can say is i really missed the cushion thought at first i can wait and get another one way down the road but after less then 2wks i had to reorder a new one.aahhh relief on the buttocks,and it does help alittle from the hot seat yes it gets very warm but it cools off quickly as you ride.

jim

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

I have the airhawk and cant say enough about the product. I have made two long trips - one was a coast to coast two years ago on my BMW bike and it saved me! My longest day on that trip was 970 miles! Yesterday I returned home from out 7,000+ mile spyderfest ride. I have no meat on my bum and it hurts after 60 mile! We had days as long as 500 miles and it never hurt. You stay cool and if it is raining, you never have to work about sitting in a puddle of rain water again! Absolutely love it!
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Spyder Garage

I also have an Airhawk. The older version. I don't use it all the time, just when my back or hip is acting up. Shop around on the internet, you should be able to do better than the $200 price.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I have one and use it on long trips

it takes a little while to get used to it and find the the right air pressure for your butt... its trial and error
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Spyder Garage

I have the 2. It is a plus on long rides for tailbone. I don't really see that it gets any more air under there. The way you set it up is to inflate it and then let air out as you sink into it. Kinda molds to your butt and plugs up any possibility of air flowing under it.
    2012 Spyder RT

Spyder Garage

My wife and I have the Airhawk 2. I haven't used it in a couple of years because I never could get comfortable with it. My wife likes hers.

Spyder Garage

I have an Air Hawk I am using right now, the first time out I had too much air in and it felt like I was riding on a water bed... lol. I had tosdf lower the pressure to where it should be but it changes all day as the air warms up. I will be flat in the morning and slightly over filled by days end. Does it help... not really for me... I guess I just have a bottom that is never happy. I bought the Corbin Seat first, it is worse than the stock seat and I slide all over it due to the hard leather. I then bought a gel pad, no improvement. I used a soft pillow.. some improvement but looks stupid. I am now still experimenting with the Air Hawk....I will be making a run to Reno NV at the end of the month which is 860 miles each way so that will be a good test. I think pain killers and vodka works best, lol.

Spyder Garage

Airhawk R, really makes any ride, long or short better. Fill it up and then let a little out at a time until you are sitting in it, not on it. Money back if not happy, great mod

Keeps butt cooler and jewels happier

Cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluestratos View Post
    I think pain killers and vodka works best, lol.

Think I will give that a try
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

Default Airhawk

They are $169.00 ar Revzilla.com

2013 RT-Limited Pearl White Chocolate Seat
    RT-622 Trailer
    Baker Air Wings
    Diamond R Arm Rests
    12 V power outlet in Frunk
    BRPTravel Cover
    Spyderpops Bump Skid, Belt Rock Guard
    Utopia Driver backrest
    RT Cup Holder/Accessory Mount
    ISCI tall flag Holder
    Custom Dynamics Run-Brake-Turn LED HMT Light
    Custom Dynamics GEN2c Brake Light Strobe/Flasher
    Tricled LED Flag Light, R/V Mirror Turn Signals

Spyder Garage

I have the Type R and I'm still trying to determine the right amount of air to be comfortable. There is a member selling a Type R at this thread. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...hawk-R-Cushion There has been 0 replies so far, I would PM him if you are interested.
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014

Spyder Garage

I had an Air Hawk R till I arrived at Spyderfest. Had my Ultimate seat put on and rode home (600 miles) without the air hawk. The best thing I can say is The Air Hawk is great!! My new seat is great!! I don't think I'll get rid of the Air Hawk, but I don't think I will need it any time soon....I definitely will keep for the occasional downpour to avoid sitting in the lake that forms.
    2011 RT LTD w/XM. And a heavily modified and happy owner.

Spyder Garage

Default Good price

[QUOTE=Elembytes;622302]Am curious to how many Spyder Owners have Air Hawk Seat Cushions and what they think of them and which one they went with.

I JUST ORDERED ONE FOR $139.95: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Spyder Garage

Default LOVE IT

Love my AirHawk! I am a new spyderyder, and just riding around town after purchasing the trike, noticed a scary pain (down there). Right away, ordered an original AirHawk cushion from Revzilla. Carefully followed instructions not to overfill the air bags, and guess what... NO MORE PAIN! Would recommend product for original seat owners.

Spyder Garage

Airhawk keeps the tush comfortable and the the other bits in place. I use the Airhawk all the time and feel like I am cheated on the ride if I do not use it.
    Corbin saddle
    spyderpops block off plate, bump skid, belt guard
    IPS
    Tricled LED lights all around(too many to name here)
    Smoothspyder belt tensioner
    Custom Dynamics britesides
    VTC floorboards, upper air vents, spoiler
    BK car stuff HID upgrade
    trailer hitch
    Repainted rear fender, trunk latch assembly, switch cluster, gauge cluster
    cell phone interface kit
    travel cover that no longer fits due to the spoiler
    New sway bar
    New shock relocator

Spyder Garage

I have the "R" as well....................it's OK I guess? Was probably hopeful it would make the OEM a little more comfortable than it actually has?
    2011 RTS SM5

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default air hawk seats

I have an air hawk on my RT-S and I use it for all day rides and long trips. I am getting ready to ride from Asheville to Gulf Coast of Fl and I will be using the seat. I used it going to Maine and then to Michigan and wouldn't leave home without it. I has spent a fortune on bike seats over the years and this has solved the comfort level.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SethO View Post
    you HAVE to dish out the foam so you sit in the right position but I can not feel my butt and I was getting pressure spots and I ran 27.5 hours straight over 1500 miles on the bike and no pressure spots. I have the 9 by 11 sized one with the long way across.

I got a new seat from lamont and it is awesome but the airhawk is the way to go for the stock seat.
    I am in the same position as Seth O and instead of the air hawk we have decided to buy a roho adapter pad - made by same company as airbase and have the adapter pad installed under the leather of our Corbin seat. The pad can be cut to the shape you need between the cells. Iwe have tested it out with me sitting on top of it and it definitely helps with the ride. I'm just not comfortable with how the airbase moves on the bike when sitting on it.

Link to adapter pad : http://www.sportaid.com/roho-adaptor-pad.html
    2013 RS-S Neutron Green/Black, Shark RSR2 helmet, Shark Evoline 3 helmet, Sena SMH20, Corbin Seat, Wheelchair Rack, TricLED fender lights, TricLed Underglow kit (green), Trunk Liner, STL Handlebars, Web Boards Driver Floorboards, backrest, BRP Saddlebags, ISCI Handbrake

Spyder Garage

Airhawk not airbase my damn iPad and its auto spellcheck.
    2013 RS-S Neutron Green/Black, Shark RSR2 helmet, Shark Evoline 3 helmet, Sena SMH20, Corbin Seat, Wheelchair Rack, TricLED fender lights, TricLed Underglow kit (green), Trunk Liner, STL Handlebars, Web Boards Driver Floorboards, backrest, BRP Saddlebags, ISCI Handbrake