Thread: HANDLEBAR GRIPS

Spyder Garage

Default HANDLEBAR GRIPS

I have read some threads about putting a wrap-around grip cover, that is held together with velcro, over the present grips on the spyder. Where can these be found?

Spyder Garage

Default Covers

They are not sight sponsor. But are beleave they are called grip buddies.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eagle View Post
    I have read some threads about putting a wrap-around grip cover, that is held together with velcro, over the present grips on the spyder. Where can these be found?
    TRICLED.COM has the grips that fit right over stock grips. Easy to install. Check them out. I ordered online and had them on the bike within a week. I bought 2 pair, one to apply to the bike and one later after they wear out. Good prices also.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The ones that my wife and I use on our Spyders come from www.hotleathers.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I learned to play tennis at an early age. (7) I love the feel of the grip on a tennis racket. Consequently, I went to Sports Authority (or you could go to Dicks) and bought the leather wrap for a tennis racket. It works well and absorbs a helluva lot of the shock much as the racket receives.

Chris

Spyder Garage

The ones you refer to are grip buddies. They were, but are no longer a site sponser. I had a set on both 's. Akspyderlady likes them, I don't. The block the heat on the handgrips for me.

PM me if your interested. I will cut you a good deal on my unused ones.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

you are indeed referring to "grip buddies" work great, and if you have heated grips....can still feel the heat.

http://www.originalbeemerbuddies.com/

Spyder Garage

Down side to the grip buddies is that you can still feel the seam where you join the ends together. That
    part I didn't like, so I switched to the ones that Tricled sells. Much better. Just an FYI.

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have fitted ones called Grip Puppies - These slide over the original grips so there is no joint to catch or come undone - Very easy to slide on - Can still feel the heated grips through them

See - http://www.casporttouring.com/cst/mo...s/GRIPPUP.html

I have had a pair on for over a year with no problems and no noticeable wear with them

See Pictures of them installed on my Spyder RT -S SE5 2010 Model

Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My Grip Buddies have worn out in less than a year. They also tend to slide around. Will go to Tricled for new ones.

Ride in comfort,
    John
    Seal Floorboards