Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Maggie Valley Ride Plans

I posted this in the NC group, but thought I'd do the same here, in case anybody wants to join up with others along the way..

I've seen some emails, and posts on here about folks riding up, and looking for ride partners, so I thought I'd throw this thread up where we can all post up our travel plans, and hopefully, as we all see these, we can hook up with partners / groups so nobody is riding alone.

We can have some basic info, then arrangements can be made on here, or through PM...

I'll start out...

ShelbyDave, and Stampingrama:
    Leaving June 12
    Planning on having breakfast at Punchy's Diner in Concord at 0900, and leaving from there. That time is a little flexible, but I want to get to our cabin during regular business hours just to be sure things go smoothly.

So far the group consists of
    Myself, and wife - 1 RT
    Plyrod38 and wife - 1 RT
    PaulBrinker and wife - 1 RT

and hopefully, Danlinc

Plan right now is to head to Kings Mountain, hop on 74, or since we're going to be leaving early enough, taking the back way to Shelby, then taking 74a to Asheville. That would probably be the highway avoidance route. We'll be splitting off somewhere around Canton to go to our cabin rental, which is between Maggie Valley, and Hot Springs.

Anybody else wants to meet up either at Punchy's, or somewhere along the way, give one of us a shout.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shelbydave View Post
    I posted this in the NC group, but thought I'd do the same here, in case anybody wants to join up with others along the way..

I've seen some emails, and posts on here about folks riding up, and looking for ride partners, so I thought I'd throw this thread up where we can all post up our travel plans, and hopefully, as we all see these, we can hook up with partners / groups so nobody is riding alone.

We can have some basic info, then arrangements can be made on here, or through PM...

I'll start out...

ShelbyDave, and Stampingrama:
    Leaving June 12
    Planning on having breakfast at Punchy's Diner in Concord at 0900, and leaving from there. That time is a little flexible, but I want to get to our cabin during regular business hours just to be sure things go smoothly.

So far the group consists of
    Myself, and wife - 1 RT
    Plyrod38 and wife - 1 RT
    PaulBrinker and wife - 1 RT

and hopefully, Danlinc

Plan right now is to head to Kings Mountain, hop on 74, or since we're going to be leaving early enough, taking the back way to Shelby, then taking 74a to Asheville. That would probably be the highway avoidance route. We'll be splitting off somewhere around Canton to go to our cabin rental, which is between Maggie Valley, and Hot Springs.

Anybody else wants to meet up either at Punchy's, or somewhere along the way, give one of us a shout.

We will definitely be there. We have to drop our husky off at the kennel at 8 in Mount Pleasant.