Thread: Vista Cruise

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Vista Cruise

Has anyone installed a Vista Cruise and if so, what model did you use? I have utilized the Brake Away Cruise on my 98 Intruder 1400 and like the thumb actuation - thinking the Vista might off similiar and since Spydie has not front brake - would be cheaper than the Brake Away.

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Vista Cruise

People have done the Audio-vox unit which can be had for around $90.

There is info out here and on can-amtalk.com too.

I was going to add one but decided on a Throttlemeister instead.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Is it difficult to engage/dis-engage the throttlemeister?

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderTim

Thanks!
    I don't think so. I love mine. I use it mostly on the expressway. When I am engaging the throttle on the entrance ramp, that is when I twist it to the on position. When I exit is when I release it. I have full throttle control while it is engaged to speed up or slow down as traffice demands. It does speed up a bit on the downhill and slows down on the up hill but it is not a true cruise control so that is to be expected. I like that I always can use my throttle to speed up or slow down regardless of weather or not my Thottlemeister is on or off. Also, I get a little exptra length on my handlebar grips which is nice with my PTT button on the left side.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderTim

Thanks!
    I don't ever turn them off anymore. As long as you twist the throttle off, anyway, there is no real need. The TM causes little drag, so it does not create extra effort. Maybe it isn't considered safe these days, but bikes had throttle tensioning devices as standard equipment for many years, and they could not be turned on and off, only adjusted.
    -Scotty
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

I emailed throttlemeister asking what number I needed to order a unit for my spyder and they came back with we don't make one for the spyder.
    need a little help
    smilingene
    Beyond happy SpyderLover

Spyder Garage

Use this product number and order in the color you want. Product ID: FH & AL-H We have 7/8" handlebars. Also here is an install thread for you. http://www.can-amtalk.com/forums/ind...showtopic=4462
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Easy install. Easy to use. No chance of electronic failure or warranty issues from BRP.

I find that I just slide my hand over leaving just my forefinger and thumb on the throttle, then I just twist my hand like I'm giving more throttle... only I put the pressure on the Throttlemeister... and just enough pressure on the throttle to keep her steady..... becomes second nature after awhile.

I've also tried leaving it on all the time - but don't feel safe doing that in the city.

I had the Audio Vox unit ready to install..... but then decided I didn't want to spend 6-8 hours installing it.

Throttlemeister was 30 minutes.... could do it in 10 now that I know what I'm doing.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bmwgene
    I emailed throttlemeister asking what number I needed to order a unit for my spyder and they came back with we don't make one for the spyder.
    need a little help
    smilingene
    The don't have a model number specifically for the Spyder, but if you call them and ask for the one that works on the Spyder they know exactly which one to send you.