Spyder Garage

Default GREAT ROAD TRIP / CHECK ENGINE LIGHT /?????

Ok first great ride, about 250 miles round trip. Me with my oldest boy in tow on the back of with me also my brother & sister in-law & a couple of friends left Vegas this morning went up the I-15 to the beaver dam exit AZ about 80 miles north. took the old high way around to Santa Clara UT & on in to St. George UT. Were we went to Cracker Barrel for lunch & then took the I-15 back through the AZ gorge Awesome ride through the gorge.

But the trouble all started about 30 miles from homethe check engine light came on so we pulled over shut it down & got the book out went through the trouble shooting light went off so got back on the road but it came back on with in a mile. So after going through it again the light was off my son rode with Uncle & I was just going to take it easy & try & get it home.
    The strange thing is it never came back on the rest of the way home. when I got to looking I had oil seeping from the air cleaner box looked bad but once I got it pulled apart to clean up it really wasn't that much oil & the filter was dry.

Now for my question has any one had any thing like this happen? & can oil in the air cleaner box have any thing to do with the engine light? I never noticed any change in the way my was running through this whole trip. Any insight Or past experiences would be appreciated.

Bottom line home on its own power & it was a great ride!!!

SPYMAN
    PE #2735
    RUBBER SIDE DOWN SHINY SIDE UP!!!!!!!!!!
    Never ride faster than your Angel can fly...

Spyder Garage

Default Re: GREAT ROAD TRIP / CHECK ENGINE LIGHT /?????

Several options....notice sent to BRP concerning air box - oil accumulation.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/smf/inde...sg3414#msg3414

Solutions....
    Happy Owner
    Chances are the referenced post is positive in nature, may result in a solution, alteration, modification, or highlights an extraordinary event or ride, that's worth posting.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Try scrolling on speedo with mode(on the back left switch assy) buttom till you get to hours key on hold mode button and push headlight flash buttom very quickly 5 times will tell you what code in there.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYMAN
    OK first great ride, about 250 miles round trip. Me with my oldest boy in tow on the back of with me also my brother & sister in-law & a couple of friend's left Vegas this morning went up the I-15 to the beaver dam exit AZ about 80 miles north. took the old high way around to Santa Clara UT & on in to St. George UT. Were we went to Cracker Barrel for lunch & then took the I-15 back through the AZ gorge Awesome ride through the gorge.

But the trouble all started about 30 miles from homethe check engine light came on so we pulled over shut it down & got the book out went through the trouble shooting light went off so got back on the road but it came back on with in a mile. So after going through it again the light was off my son rode with Uncle & I was just going to take it easy & try & get it home.
    The strange thing is it never came back on the rest of the way home. when I got to looking I had oil seeping from the air cleaner box looked bad but once I got it pulled apart to clean up it really wasn't that much oil & the filter was dry.

Now for my question has any one had any thing like this happen? & can oil in the air cleaner box have any thing to do with the engine light? I never noticed any change in the way My was running through this whole trip. Any insight Or past experiences would be appreciated.

Bottom line home on its own power & it was a great ride!!!

SPYMAN
    Just an update to my origanal post.
    Took my in to the shop on Tuesday they checked it out & the computer said it was the clutch sensor that set the light off. so they ordered the part & told me I was fine to drive . Called today the part was going to be in in the morning. So I dropped it off so they can fix. It will be ready tomorrow night {if all go's well}. which is good since we have a 400 mile ride planned for this weekend.
    As for the oil in the air box they said "it happens". so I am going to be looking in to some of the oil blow by filter/cans.

Any way love my more every day.

SPYMAN :bigthumbsup:
    PE #2735
    RUBBER SIDE DOWN SHINY SIDE UP!!!!!!!!!!
    Never ride faster than your Angel can fly...