Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Do it

My STS has 204 miles and is 2 weeks old....I already am giving it the throttle, leaning into the curve and she hugs the curves like a little sports car. Plenty of pep...I am always having to check the speedometer cause it is too hard to resist the acceleration! I did ride 2 wheels before but you will have no problem with the transition....just takes time to fine tune the corners.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGAAZ View Post
    My STS has 204 miles and is 2 weeks old....I already am giving it the throttle, leaning into the curve and she hugs the curves like a little sports car. Plenty of pep...I am always having to check the speedometer cause it is too hard to resist the acceleration! I did ride 2 wheels before but you will have no problem with the transition....just takes time to fine tune the corners.
    LOL.......This post was from last May........9400 miles later I am still loving my ST Limited. (wish it was not as hot as it is, but I am having a blast riding it) I transitioned well from my Harley that I had ridden for 10 years (and thought that it was the perfect bike for me) We sold both Harleys and are a two Spyder family.

Spyder Garage

Default Come to the Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by 03hdjill View Post
    Hi, I am thinking about buying a 2013 ST Limited. Can anyone tell me what it is like going from a motorcycle to a Spyder. I currently have a 2003 HD Electra Glide Standard and am thinking about making the change. Has anyone done that? Did it take a while to adjust? Are the Spyders as fun to ride as motorcycles? Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks, Jill
    I made the switch back in 2009, the Spyder is a fantastic machine and it's honestly not hard at all to transition between the two, a lot refer to the bike as being very similar to a quad or snowmobile, the best thing you can do is go test drive one, when you're finished, you won't be able to get rid of the smile on your face

Jeff M.
    2017 F3-Limited
    2009 GS , Iridium Plugs Red

Spyder Garage

Default went to 3 from 2

I have ridden 2 wheels probably 50 years, traded in a FJR 1300 for my ST-L, it is fun just got back from a 6700 mile trip from southeast Tx to Canada and back thru Sturgis and back. 2 up using mostly back roads there were times I wished for 2 wheels, good curves, but over all was very pleased with the ST especially when we were coming down from the run to the sun the road work gravel, rain and traffic, all made the ST so much easier to handle than the Goldwings I was with on the trip.One of the guys foot slipped in the gravel and he leaned it over I still am planning on a 2 wheeler for the times when I feel the need for the feel of the lean into the curves on a lone ride, but the ST is sufficient for my needs at this time so I am able to put off the expense of another bike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default 2013 st limited pearl white

Hi, I am thinking about buying a 2013 ST Limited. Can anyone tell me what it is like going from a motorcycle to a Spyder. I currently have a 2003 HD Electra Glide Standard and am thinking about making the change. Has anyone done that? Did it take a while to adjust? Are the Spyders as fun to ride as motorcycles? Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks, Jill
    I have a 2013 pearl white st limited with 2300 miles and like it. I have ridden motorcycles since the 1960's and the spyder is way different, the more miles you ride it the more comfortable with the handling you get, they are a lot of fun.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGAAZ View Post
    Im at about the same point im my experience as you were at this post. I live in an area that has a lot of FM roads so with the GPS, I can just take off and try to get lost, the GPS can take me home. You compared it to a small sports car, Its more like a large go cart.
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default It takes time to adjust.

I'm 75 and have riden and owned 50 mc's and just got a st limited. it is totally different dynamic as opposed to a m/c. It will take you a long time (500mi)
    or so, to get comfortable to the riding dynamic and also to the hihg reving engine.
    Ive got @2k mi on mine now ND i LOVE IT. iT IS NOT A m/c and I dont want it to be. It is a 3 wheel sport vehicle and is a blast.
    Carl