Thread: Bike Route

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Bike Route

I tried something different on my ride yesterday. I set my GPS to navigate to destinations using a "bike route." She took me places I had never been before. I've lived in this area for years but never driven half of the roads she took me down. Give it a try, you'll be amazed at the beautiful country you've been passing by for years.

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Bike Route

:bigthumbsup: GPS are not just for getting you there the fastest route.

Spyder Garage

What kind of GPS do you have and is the "bike route" thing an add on or did it come with the GPS?
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

If you live in either BC, Washington, or NorCal, scope out the Destination Highways series of books. They are complete guides to the BEST motorcycle routes in each area. The books were compiled by a couple of Vancouver based enthusiasts, and they are very good. Even if you are only going to be vacationing in one of those areas on your Spyder, they would still represent a great buy.

More info here: http://www.destinationhighways.com/

Each route is described in detail, with an accompanying map, and is rated on a scale of 0 to 100. The mapos show locations for food, drink, lodging and gas. The web page also lists restaurants, pubs, taverns and hotels (including B&B and Campgrounds) that offer discounts to DH book owners (just show your book, and you get the discount).

I plan on making GREAT use of the Southern BC, and Washington State guides on my two week vacation in September.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Actually I have 3 GPS, one for each vehicle. The Spyder has a Tom Tom 1 but I think all 3 have the option of setting the route. The more common settings are "fastest route, shortest distance" but most have a "bike route or avoid highways" option. Try it, you'll like it!

Spyder Garage

Okay. Mine does have the avoidance options. I used to have it set to avoid highways and gravel. Now that I have a better windshield, I just avoid the gravel. ;D

Thanks for the info!
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

You can also post and share routes with other Garmin users.....