Spyder Garage

Default 52 sold at spyder fest

52 ultimate seats sold at spyderfest. What do you new ultimate seat owners think. Im considering one. I really need a backrest for long rides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I bought mine in January while they were on sale. But the ryde to Spyderfest was the first long trip I'd made since getting the Ultimate installed. I loved it. I also got the ryder backrest and it made it even more comfortable. My only issue was trying to put the rain cover on the seat. I went to the Ultimate trailer at Vendor Village and the guy there gave me some tips.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm curious about this as well.
    My round trip ride was over 2700 miles; the stock seat wasn't really an issue, but I'm always looking for a more comfortable way to do things!
    The Missus hasn't said, "No!" yet either...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Ultimate seat

I bought mine while they were on sale also. With stock seat, I could Ryde about 50 miles and started to be uncomfortably even with the utopia backrest. Installed the Ultimate tallboy with the backrest and my first long Ryde was 500 miles. I rode 126 miles non stop and needed gas or I would have kept riding. It was the most comfortable Ryde. Each leg of the trip when the same and the return trip same. IMO you can't beat this seat.

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Glad you asked. I rode 1500 miles one way on the stock RT seat. Other than lighting the bike is stock. I'm 6'1", 280, and have a posture problem that I've had all my life. The ride to SF, I should have become a hunchback. There is NO comfortable position after 30 minutes. Good thing you HAVE to stop every 90 minutes or so. My power steering was temperamental along the way and the trucks and crosswinds beat me to death crossing Texas on the 40.

Bought the back rest and the sway bar at SF and it was like manna from heaven. I would've liked footboards for the trip home but oh well.

The priorities in buying anything for anything is safety, comfort, and bling. The backrest and sway bar took care of the first two at the same time. Do yourself a favor and get yourself an AirHawk R to compliment the backrest. DO NOT over inflate. It causes more problems.

As far as the power steering? Turned out to be a battery issue.
    Last edited by Desert Spyder; 05-10-2013 at 10:33 AM.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Spyder Garage

I bought mine in January as well.

Mid-rider with seat back, fuel door, and passenger backrest. Fantastic purchase. I can ride for hours in complete comfort. My wife loves it as well. No painful pressure points, no flat spot worked into my backside, its been really great.

Keep in mind, I am 5'11". If you are 6' or more, consider the Tallboy seat option. That will sit you back an additional 2" from the mid-rider. Sometimes I feel like I am front and center with the mid-rider, as far as room to move in the saddle. When I am 1up, it would be nice to stretch out a little more than I currently can. I do believe that takes away from the passenger space, so you're robbing from one to give to the other, plus the angle of the drivers backrest (it will cut slightly into the passenger space as well). Just something to consider.

The seat purchase as a whole, however, is a no-brainer. Its an excellent product!
    2014 Spyder RT Limited , OEM NA Satin Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default Ordered

I ordered a tallboy at SP and payed for it. So I hope I will like it. It should be here in a of couple of weeks, will know more after I get it. I had to order it because I wanted different upholstery.
    2012 RT LTD SE5 LAVA BRONZE
    Mods:
    Baker airwings
    Butler mugholder
    Spyderpops bumpskid & missing belt guard
    Ultimate Tallboy seat
    Diamond R passenger armrest
    Bajaron anti-sway bar
    HMT brake light
    Diamond R premium floorboards and pegs (front and rear)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Ultimate Seat Rain Cover

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    I bought mine in January while they were on sale. But the ryde to Spyderfest was the first long trip I'd made since getting the Ultimate installed. I loved it. I also got the ryder backrest and it made it even more comfortable. My only issue was trying to put the rain cover on the seat. I went to the Ultimate trailer at Vendor Village and the guy there gave me some tips.

Pls share the tips for installing the rain cover. The problem I have is the cover doesn't want to tuck under where the seat curves around the glove box. The cover either protrudes over the top of the glove box or just under the lid and interferes with opening/closing the glove box. Did the Ultimate seat guy at Vendor Village have any tips for my issue? Thanks,
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Spyder Garage

I am 6'-5" and that was the seat for me I fell I could ride for every on this seat. I also, got the back rest for driver it is a great riding seat for the Can-Am Spyder.

MODS:
    RT RIDER FLOORBOARDS PART #SPY-RT-FB
    Diamond R, Passenger Armrest for Can-Am Spyder RT
    CAN AM SPYDER RT/RTS/LTD CATALYTIC
    CONVERTER SHIELD SET
    CAN AM SPYDER RT/RTS/LTD RADIATOR BLOCK OFF PLATE
    SHORTEE Antennas 2011Can Am Spyder RT
    Flag mount for trailer hitch
    LED arrow turn single lights for mirrors
    IPS Key Cover
    FH400 License Plate Mounted Double Flag Holder Kit - Can-Am Spy RT
    Hopnel Windshield Pouch - CanAm Spyder
    Can Am BRP (RTS) Spyder Graphic Kit with Trim Kit

Spyder Garage

Got my GS Midrider today-I like it sooo much its staying in the living room till morning- Did a trial fit and the hump does put you closer than the stock GS Seat (Which I Like) and the Definate Hump makes you feel Planted instead of sitting on a barrel???
    Will install tomorrow!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Default The most bang for bucks?

IMHO the two best products for the money are the Ultimate tallboy seat with backrest and BajaRon’s Sway Bar. Tie for the top spot. Had the seat for over 2 months but the sway bar I got at SF and it made the ride home sooo easy compared to the trip to SF. No more being buffeted by trucks and wind. Felt like you were on rails. The seat is just a dream come true for my boney butt.

PS- Also have that problem with the rain covers and the tank trunk.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Phyxius's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I had the ultimate seat (tall boy, I'm 6') installed but it made me sit up too high and even with the windshield all the way up (2012 RT-S) I was getting major buffeting at highway speeds. I was planning to go the Cal-Sci route but have heard a bunch of people say the new BRP vented windshield is helping.

I need to decide on a windshield then, figure out the seat. It sure was comfy!
    -Christina
    2012 RT-S Blue
    Photographer and horse rider.
    2012 RT , Blue

Spyder Garage

I bought the ultimate seat at Spyderfest. I didn't care for the seat. I'm short 5'2. The seat was to wide for my legs. It pinch my legs. I talk to two other lady's and they said the same thing. I put my old seat back on. Maybe some day I'll get a backrest.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Trash bag covers

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post

I bought a Corbin and they quoted some awful $$$.$$ so we decided to improvise and found 42 gallon black plastic trash bags work. You raise the seat slid the bag on and drop the seat. Instant rain cover.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ledford View Post
    I bought a Corbin and they quoted some awful $$$.$$ so we decided to improvise and found 42 gallon black plastic trash bags work. You raise the seat slid the bag on and drop the seat. Instant rain cover.
    Exactly what I,ll do with mine- Keep a trash bag in the trunk.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Default Tallboy seat

With the tallboy seat you can remove the back rest and have room for the passenger and lean against the passenger. If the passenger fills up the area you will still be sitting where the stock seat position was to begin with. Single Ryder put the backrest back on and have the room that you want.
    Ukblue1
    Gene

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I bought the Ultimate seat with backrest at the Spyderfest and it has made riding very comfortable now. I rode 1100 miles to the Spyderfest with the original seat and Utopia backrest, and all I could think about was the next stop so I could get off the bike. I even tried the Airhawk R but I wasn't comfortable with that. On the trip home I did 11 hours the first day (pouring rain all 11 hours) and 12 hours the next day (yep, got lost, even with GPS), and I didn't think about my posterior at all.

Putting the rain cover on the Ultimate seat wearing gloves isn't easy, what with having to tuck it down between the glovebox and the seat, but it is doable. But if I had to open the glovebox the cover would no longer be tucked in, so I gave up on it and just road the bike without easy access to the glovebox. I would buy the Ultimate seat again, if needed.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyRyd View Post
    Pls share the tips for installing the rain cover. The problem I have is the cover doesn't want to tuck under where the seat curves around the glove box. The cover either protrudes over the top of the glove box or just under the lid and interferes with opening/closing the glove box. Did the Ultimate seat guy at Vendor Village have any tips for my issue? Thanks,
    SpyRyd,
    Start to finish tips on RT Ultimate seat raincover install:

1. Remove rider backrest
    2. Lift your seat
    3. Find the tag on the main seat rain cover, this will be the front center of the rain cover
    4. Slip the rain cover over the front of the seat (the 'ears' that surround the glove box)
    5. Put the seat down (don't worry about part overlapping glovebox at this time
    6. Slip rain cover over back of the seat
    7. Lift seat again
    8. Run elastic of rain covers around the bottom edge of seat
    9. Once cover is secure, hold cover against the front edge of the seat with both hands while pushing the seat back down
    10. Reinstall rider backrest

If that didn't help- please give us a call toll free 877-672-0288.

Best~
    www.ultimateseats.com
    877-672-0288
    348 Destination Daytona Lane
    Ormond Beach, FL 32174