Spyder Garage

Default "To bag....... Or not to bag....."

Wondering if any of you guys (and gals) that own yellow sts' have added side bags to your machine, I'm considering adding them for the next rainy- day farkling sometime later this year.

Spyder Garage

Default "To bag....... Or not to bag....."

It's not Yellow but I bagged it:

- MMMII
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Current Spyder
    2015 Magnesium Metallic F3-S SE6

• Gauge Spoiler - Pegs @ #5 - Long Reach Bars - Detachable Passenger Backrest - Cross Country Saddlebags - Power Commander V - Power Commander Auto-Tune - Power Commander POD-300 - Two Bros S1R Exhaust w/Black P1X tip - Two Up Shock - Detachable Driver Backrest - Spyclops LED - LED Headlights - Route 129 Windshield

Retired Spyder
    2013 Magnesium Metallic ST-S SE5 5,467 Miles

Ryding Since 1/19/13

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question: How much "stuff" do you figure that you'll ever want to carry?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Do you don't you..!!

need the space. I personally love the rear look of the roadster, it's what makes it what it is and with bags it looks like a quad.. Jmo have strap ons for bigger loads...!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

RE: Bags. The Givi bags do make the look great. I had them on my 2008 GS. My RT came with the side bags standard.

Did I use the ones on the 2008 and do I use the ones on my 2010? The answer is only a couple times--when I went on long overnight trips. I get the most use out of my frunk and my top trunks.

To me--it boils down to looks versus usefullness. The Givi's cost $1100.00 for the basic black. Add matching color panels for $130.00. You have to vote with the pocket book.

I actually liked the Corbins better--but they were another $500 more or so at the time I bought the Givi's. Here's the 2008 before I added the top trunk.

Last edited by ARtraveler; 05-04-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

When I first purchased my 2008 GS I started using a tail bag for extra storage. I needed it to carry extra gear and clothing especially on longer road trips. I eventually invested in the Givi bags along with the Corbin seat and smuggler trunk setup. I must say I do like all that storage. Its also nice to be able to keep the space in the front trunk free. This gives you the extra room to lockup your helmet, riding jacket or other items when your at events or just out shopping for example. The Givi bags are expensive, but worth the money to me. You can also remove them and the mounting brackets if your not using them to keep the more traditional look of the spyder.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default bag

I think it makes the rear look bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by spydermyke990 View Post
    Wondering if any of you guys (and gals) that own yellow sts' have added side bags to your machine, I'm considering adding them for the next rainy- day farkling sometime later this year.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydermyke990 View Post
    Look at the soft bags that RKA make they are made in the USA they will make them in colors and they work great no ugly brackets with out the bags on and they cost way less and are there only when you need them they expand when you need more room and they are soft so they are more forgiving to shapes put inside
    2 happy happy spyders

Spyder Garage

Default Bags

I have ordered the Nelson Rigg soft saddlebags.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Love the hard bags

Wouldn't be without them. Had them on the old Spyder too. It is yellow ! (Love that color - picture hasn't been changed)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

In addition to the saddlebags that came with my ST Limited I was able to strap this Harley Sissy Bar Bag on the backrest for my recent Florida trek.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have a yellow GS and IMO the color matched Givi bags balances out the look of the front fenders quite nicely. Especially with all that yellow in the front and only the rear fender and tail in the back, it helps to add additional colors back there. Without it the roadster looks front heavy. Plus now I have a ton of room for luggage.

Last edited by asp125; 05-07-2013 at 01:48 PM.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

I think it does add some balance to the look and at first didn't really know what I would carry in my bags. I usually wear a vest but it's nice to be able to pack a mesh riding jacket, liner and turtle fur just in case without eating up all the frunk space. The other side is reserved for my wife's "stuff"..... I thought for sure I would have the bags off most of the time but I haven't taken then off once since install.
    Current Spyder
    2015 Magnesium Metallic F3-S SE6

• Gauge Spoiler - Pegs @ #5 - Long Reach Bars - Detachable Passenger Backrest - Cross Country Saddlebags - Power Commander V - Power Commander Auto-Tune - Power Commander POD-300 - Two Bros S1R Exhaust w/Black P1X tip - Two Up Shock - Detachable Driver Backrest - Spyclops LED - LED Headlights - Route 129 Windshield

Retired Spyder
    2013 Magnesium Metallic ST-S SE5 5,467 Miles

Ryding Since 1/19/13