Spyder Garage

Default Rico flag holder

I've installed the new flag holder from Rivco. Quality is there except for the plastic clamps which keep the flag from slipping on the pole. First ride, lost 3 clamps and the fourth lost its springiness. Any ideas what can be used that will still look good? I've also contacted Rivco for any suggestions.

Spyder Garage

Default Rico Flag Holders

Quote Originally Posted by Jbiancolli View Post
    I've installed the new flag holder from Rivco. Quality is there except for the plastic clamps which keep the flag from slipping on the pole. First ride, lost 3 clamps and the fourth lost its springiness. Any ideas what can be used that will still look good? I've also contacted Rivco for any suggestions.

I have the same Rico flag holders and I use O rings aboue and below the flags.They work great,I have the same system on my Yamaha and over 20,000 miles no problems,,,,,,,

krzychick

Default Hello Rivco here

I am so sorry about the loss of your clips, please let me know what I can do to help, I sure hope you didn't lose your flag???? I would love to send you a few sets of the clips, on Rivco, and anything else we can do to make it better, I agree with the O rings, thanks for your input on that...KRZY CHICK

Quote Originally Posted by Jbiancolli View Post

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by krzychick View Post
    I am so sorry about the loss of your clips, please let me know what I can do to help, I sure hope you didn't lose your flag???? I would love to send you a few sets of the clips, on Rivco, and anything else we can do to make it better, I agree with the O rings, thanks for your input on that...KRZY CHICK
    Thanks for the offer but I don't have confidence in the clips. I went to Lowes and picked up some 3/16 rubber washers. Works like a charm. Thanks again

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I lost one of the clips on my first ride, but I think it was due to where I positioned the clip on the flag... I think it was right on one of the seams, where the material is the thickest. Since then, I have stitched the flags so that the loop where the flagpole goes is a bit tighter, and I only need one clip to keep it in place. The flag slips on so tight that I won't lose it over the top even if the clip came off.

I thought I had come across some spring steel clips once upon a time, but I don't remember where I saw them, or what they were for. I guess I'll have to either look in my junk bins, or overdose on Ginko to get my answer...

Spyder Garage

ZIP ties work as well Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner