Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spyder Garage

Default Resemble that

I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    I have to agree with you, some of the tests are extremely unfair, especialy to older people.

Cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    If it Feels Good, Do It !!

Too Much Is Just Enough !
    2011 RS~S Pure Magnesium / Black ~M~

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Actually this is a real simple thing to avoid...
    DON'T put yourself in a postion where they're going to want to take a closer look at you, and you'll be fine!
    Drawing attention to yourself because of WHAT you ride is cool!
    Drawing attention to yourself because of HOW you ride; not so much!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Actually this is a real simple thing to avoid...
    DON'T put yourself in a postion where they're going to want to take a closer look at you, and you'll be fine!
    Drawing attention to yourself because of WHAT you ride is cool!
    Drawing attention to yourself because of HOW you ride; not so much!
    And then again, Bob, you may have a tag light out <rolling eyes>, tail light not working properly, or your windows are improperly tinted justifying a "stop".

Chris

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Last ticket was in 1971..... it was substantial!!!!!!!!! 95 in a 40..... they moved the city limits while I was away at school....thought I was in the county... The officer hollered "Mark, is that you?" (small town)... at least he wrote me for 95mph.so he wouldn't have to take me to jail..... was doing closer to 115. Cost me 2 weeks pay on that one.... I like to think I learned a lesson

Spyder Garage

No tickets on a bike or Spyder. Would have gotten one when I was young on a motorcycle, but I outran the cop. That was when I was 17 and invincible. Nowadays, I do the speed limit which really seems to frustrate the line of traffic behind me. Oh well, I reckon they don't realize that I am not in their hurry.

2012 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Pure Magnesium
    www.JerryandCynthia.com - Our Riding Adventures

Spyder Garage

Default Silly Question ~ How many of you have gotten a ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Hey 'Fly
    I hope that you're aware of my silence in this thread regarding your tactics... And You're Welcome!
    *BING*
    I'm sure your silence is appreciated by everyone...... BING! ;-). Lol

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

My story is kinda funny. My brother warned me about speeding in Daytona during Bike Week but what do I go and do? Hadn't even checked into my hotel yet - was just getting into town and got grabbed on Atlantic Avenue 47 in a 35. Paid a lawyer $150 to have it expunged but still had to pay the fine. But my record is clean and that's what really matters.
    Bill H.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=MouthPiece;616522]And then again, Bob, you may have a tag light out <rolling eyes>, tail light not working properly, or your windows are improperly tinted justifying a "stop".
    [/QUOTE
    ...Know the operating condition of your ride...

and know the rules!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Ticket during Arizona Bike Week

[QUOTE=Bob Denman;616676]
    Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    And then again, Bob, you may have a tag light out <rolling eyes>, tail light not working properly, or your windows are improperly tinted justifying a "stop".
    [/QUOTE
    ...Know the operating condition of your ride...

and know the rules!

A week after returning from Scottsdale, AZ, received a photo ticket from Scottsdale. Has a nice picture of me and my RT going through an intersection about 10 MPH above the speed limit. The ticket stated no fine, reason...to avoid a collision.
    Apparently they have roving vans that can create photo tickets. Then, I remembered, I was in line at the signal when it turned green, as everyone began to accelerate, a fire truck a block in front of us turned on the siren. The car in front of me slammed on the brakes, I did a quick look to my left and quickly changed lanes and accelerated to miss the panicked motorist in front of me. AZ was pretty cool to notice what had happened.

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well, I've never been pulled over on the spyder. There have been some times I could have been. I remember once doing about 80 in a 65 on the freeway at night, all lit up. a highway patrol pulled up next to me, matched my speed for a bit, the continued on. I think my lights distract them enough they forget to see if I'm breaking any laws.

I did however get a ticket about two weeks ago. First one in about five years. Was doing 85 in a 65 on a four lane divided straight, flat desert highway with practically no traffic in my work van while going out to a remote city for their fourth service call that week (incredibly frustrating and time consuming because of the distance, nearly 2 hours each way kills most of a day and prevents me from getting much done). HP coming from the other direction turns on its lights. I'm already pulling over before they even finish their U turn. The female trooper was real courteous and professional. Almost wrote in to compliment her. Only ticketed me for 5 over, but didn't list a fine, instead checked mandatory court in a town about 90 miles from where I live. It was cool she only wrote for 5 over, and I probably would have just paid the fine. But I can't go to court out there, so I'm going to contact TicketBusters to go for me and reduce the fine or whatever they do.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America