Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Question on Codes P061E and P0504

Yesterday I had C0040 and C006C and my brake lights are not working and now today I am getting check engine with codes P061E and P0504. My manual does not have the codes listed and I couldn't find the P codes when searching here. Could someone please tell me what the P061E and P0504 codes are?

Thank you in advance.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

P0504 = Brake signal not plausible

Can't find P061E. either...unless you read it wrong. There is a P060E listed (TPS plausibility error), and a P0610 (ECM variant coding error). I don't find an OBD-II equivalent, either.

Still sounds like a communications problem or a short/noise in a CANbus connected component...probably the brake switch, since that's where the other codes lead.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info. My dealer finally called me back and as you all indicated it seems that the brake switch is malfunctioning. It is frustrating when one time you get a warning that says VSS fault and the next time it says check engine makes you feel like the whole bike is going to go dead at any second! Now I have to wait until the 9th of May to get it in for service.

On a side note the new Brembo brakes are great. I scared myself the first time I stopped
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Brake fault P0504

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    My book does not have a PO61E listed but the PO6XX series seems to focus on the throttle body functions.
    This could be a new code '13.
    From the BigBook of BRP:

P0504 is brake signal not plausible

Brake signal vs brake signal not plausible
    Brake check failed.

Open the ECM Monitoring page in B.U.D.S.
    Press on brake pedal.
    Ensure that brake switch light comes on
    ECM Monitoring page.
    Verify that brake pressure sensor displays a valid value on VCM Monitoring page. Check fuse F5.
    Not much help but it would seem one of the two brake switches isn't working properly.
    Where exactly is this switch located,I have a feeling that I have the same problem. Just thinking that it may be because I leave my standing for days with the brakes on and the switch might be getting stuck, it may free it's self with some WD40?

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cambello View Post
    Where exactly is this switch located,I have a feeling that I have the same problem. Just thinking that it may be because I leave my standing for days with the brakes on and the switch might be getting stuck, it may free it's self with some WD40?
    There is a problem with some Spyders with the switch not releasing. The rubber bumper for the pedal is too thick. Dealers have a service bulletin addressing the condition, but even if yours is not covered under the bulletin it is a defect that needs to be corrected. See your dealer and have them take care of it properly. WD-40 is just a temporary fix.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Thanks for the info. My dealer finally called me back and as you all indicated it seems that the brake switch is malfunctioning. It is frustrating when one time you get a warning that says VSS fault and the next time it says check engine makes you feel like the whole bike is going to go dead at any second! Now I have to wait until the 9th of May to get it in for service.

On a side note the new Brembo brakes are great. I scared myself the first time I stopped
    WOW! May the 9th for service that sucks! Is this on your new 14 model? Never mind, I have got to start looking at the post dates, this is an old thread.
    Last edited by 3 Wheel Addict; 02-24-2014 at 06:27 AM.

Spyder Garage

OP was may 1, 2013

Living the dream while I still can!
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Part number

I too have the same problem, would it be possible to post the part number please so I can look it up and have one ordered. I dont have the luxury of a dealer close to where I live so I'll have to fit it myself.
    Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cambello View Post
    I'm down with the same thing did you resolve it ? Any advice?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybackhoe View Post
    I'm down with the same thing did you resolve it ? Any advice?
    Hi. This post was from 2013, the issue was resolved for me when my bike went up in flames. If you’re looking for a parking brake switch try looking on www.cheapcycleparts.com. Good luck.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nostalgia.
    Seeing Nancy's Toy avatar again.
    Nice!

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hi. This post was from 2013, the issue was resolved for me when my bike went up in flames.

I guess drastic problems require drastic solutions!
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

How did this work out? I have the same issue and same codes. I removed the brake switch but it tests good for continuity each way on both switches.