Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

The airbag and the shock are different items. There is no substitute, and your leak could very well be elsewhere (and usually is). You have two Spyders, as I recall, I'd leave mine to be fixed. JMHO
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default Shock

Quote Originally Posted by jmcbow View Post
    My RT is a 2010. Very interesting on the rear Elka. To hear some others here the rear Elka was the cats' pajama's. Thanks for the heads up, would definetly do some research before changing from stock should the rear shock fail again.
    I have 2010 RTS and my shock went out at about 20,000. I bought a new stock shock for about $90 from the dealer. I hope to replace it myself but not sure how to compress the spring. I have a press but not sure if I can adapt it to compress the srping. Good luck on getting yours fixed.

James

RT-S SE PE#0192
    Spyder Garage

Threewheels, I thought I had the record at 4 shocks in 16K miles! I also had the air bag system repaired several times and then replaced (compressor and all). Easiest way to tell if the shock is bad is uncontrolled bouncing after a bump. You can also dry test it by compressing it (leaning over the back seat with all of your weight) and then letting it extend quickly. If it tops out (bangs) then there is a good chance your shock is shot.

Dwight