Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

After reading that the ST handles poorly, think I'll keep my 2011 RS-S for few more years and a highbred. I have a BajaRon anti-sway bar and 2012 RT shocks set at #2 and it handle great and looks great with the black coil springs.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGA View Post
    After reading that the ST handles poorly, think I'll keep my 2011 RS-S for few more years and a highbred. I have a BajaRon anti-sway bar and 2012 RT shocks set at #2 and it handle great and looks great with the black coil springs.
    I'm not sure who said the ST handles poorly... Coming from my RS with 2012 shocks and Ron's swaybar, I feel like the STS can be thrown around a lot more aggressively than the older generation RS. It turns in with a much more positive feel.

I have both an RS and the STS so I've done a lot of side by side direct comparisons now.

I do have to say these things are picky about alignment and the steering position sensor has to be exact. Mine was off 0.1 degrees and it felt really strange in left hand sweepers but very positive going right at the same speeds. Reset the steering position sensor via buds and it's much better now. Strange.

My STS has the fox shocks and the BRP swaybar from the RSS suspension upgrade kit as well.

And I want more I always want more... It's a curse.
    tHe SmOkEr YoU dRiNk ThE pLaYeR yOu GeT!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sny View Post
    I'm not sure who said the ST handles poorly... Coming from my RS with 2012 shocks and Ron's swaybar, I feel like the STS can be thrown around a lot more aggressively than the older generation RS. It turns in with a much more positive feel.

I have both an RS and the STS so I've done a lot of side by side direct comparisons now.

I do have to say these things are picky about alignment and the steering position sensor has to be exact. Mine was off 0.1 degrees and it felt really strange in left hand sweepers but very positive going right at the same speeds. Reset the steering position sensor via buds and it's much better now. Strange.

My STS has the fox shocks and the BRP swaybar from the RSS suspension upgrade kit as well.

And I want more I always want more... It's a curse.

Has anyone physically compared the stock ST sway bar with the upgrade bar from the RSS?

I'm wondering, that if there is not much difference in the size of the sway bars, that any noticeable
    changes in handling are mostly from the Fox gas shocks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Five-O View Post
    Has anyone physically compared the stock ST sway bar with the upgrade bar from the RSS?

I'm wondering, that if there is not much difference in the size of the sway bars, that any noticeable
    changes in handling are mostly from the Fox gas shocks.
    2013 sway bars. The RS, ST, ST-S and ST-Ltd. have a 13.55 mm sway bar.

The 2013 RS-S has a 15.85 mm sway bar.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post

Lamont, was the sway bar worth it? Did it improve the already awesome handling?
    2013 ST-S SE Pure Magnesium

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's all that it takes to make a significant difference!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydr in KS View Post
    Lamont, was the sway bar worth it? Did it improve the already awesome handling?
    To be honest I didn't feel a big change like you did on the 2012 and earlier. I'm hearing you can tell on the 2013 RT's. Now all I did was the swaybar and still have plans to do the shocks. I was waiting to see what Elka comes up with but I may go ahead and try the Fox for now.

Spyder Garage

To be honest I didn't feel a big change like you did on the 2012 and earlier. I'm hearing you can tell on the 2013 RT's. Now all I did was the swaybar and still have plans to do the shocks. I was waiting to see what Elka comes up with but I may go ahead and try the Fox for now.

I have the fox shocks and swaybar on the way. Ill install them on my ST Wednesday night and let you know how much better it is. They just sent me a email confirming that have been shipped. Also installing a Yoshimura slip on.

Spyder Garage

Interesting, thanks for the update. Will be curious to see if the Fox shocks do make the difference others have reported

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydr in KS View Post
    Interesting, thanks for the update. Will be curious to see if the Fox shocks do make the difference others have reported

Given Lamonster's experience, It appears, that at least in the case of the ST, the significant improvement in ride control is coming from the adjustable gas charged shocks up front, whether they Fox or Elka.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Five-O View Post
    Given Lamonster's experience, It appears, that at least in the case of the ST, the significant improvement in ride control is coming from the adjustable gas charged shocks up front, whether they Fox or Elka.
    Looks cheaper to buy the sway bar and shock kit rather than the Fox shocks separately.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rabtech View Post
    I have the fox shocks and swaybar on the way. Ill install them on my ST Wednesday night and let you know how much better it is. They just sent me a email confirming that have been shipped. Also installing a Yoshimura slip on.
    Oh my...what ever happen to the fox shocks and swaybar installation rabtech?
    Been looking forward to the results of this mod.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Benggolf View Post
    Oh my...what ever happen to the fox shocks and swaybar installation rabtech?
    Been looking forward to the results of this mod.

He had his bike for sale last I saw, don't recall if he ever said he installed the parts.

I put the Ronbar on my ST-S and it made a marked improvement.

Spyder Garage

Rabtech did do the BRP Shock/Sway bar upgrade. His experience was the same as others that have done this upgrade. The Fox shocks are a big improvement, the sway bar makes so little difference it's hard to tell.

He ended up putting one of my sway bars on and was thrilled with the overall improvement.

I thought he posted this somewhere here, but I couldn't find it.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Rabtech did do the BRP Shock/Sway bar upgrade. His experience was the same as others that have done this upgrade. The Fox shocks are a big improvement, the sway bar makes so little difference it's hard to tell.

He ended up putting one of my sway bars on and was thrilled with the overall improvement.

I thought he posted this somewhere here, but I couldn't find it.

Ahh, good to know. Am about to have the Fox shocks, RonBar and heim links installed tomorrow at the dealership and was wondering about the front sway bar that came with the Fox shocks. Now I will put the BRP swaybar up for sale. Any takers/offers?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Benggolf View Post
    Ahh, good to know. Am about to have the Fox shocks, RonBar and heim links installed tomorrow at the dealership and was wondering about the front sway bar that came with the Fox shocks. Now I will put the BRP swaybar up for sale. Any takers/offers?

Copycat

I ended w the same set up, unfortunately our weather has sucked since so no test drive w the Fox shocks yet. The Ronbar is a nice noticeable difference though.

Spyder Garage

Default Update on RonBar, Heim Links, Fox Shocks & Service Bulletin #2013-9

I had the RonBar installed in our RT and stayed with the OEM shock absorbers. It reduced the body roll considerably but the difference is not as dramatic as having the RonBar and the Fox shocks on the STS.

The transformation is quite amazing. Not only does it track like it were on rails, the STS now feels solid and sails to railroad tracks and road undulations so smoothly like a limo!

I had my tire pressures set to 20PSI front and 28PSI in the rear. Snoopy you have to try it....you will be amazed.

Also, the dealer did perform Service Bulletin #2013-9; ECM Software Update and replacement of UpperBelt Guard retaining screws.
    Nothing mentioned about r
    esealing of the Front Fuse Boxes and new Fuse Box Covers. Probably they didn't have the parts on hand.
    Last edited by Benggolf; 02-09-2014 at 08:21 PM.