Thread: iphone users

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default iphone users

I had the dealer move the iphone port from the trunk up by the handlebars on my 2012 rts se5 so i could mount it on my leader iphone holder. If I ride with a light throttle all is usually good I can play my music apps through the ES but when ( not if)I get on the throttle hard to pass or just have fun I get the ( this accessory is not supported by iphone ) message on the phone and the music stops playing then sometimes before I can do anything the music will start playing again on it's own sometimes not, but the phone is still charging.Then to get the music to play I have to unplug it and plug it back in. After that the ES will sometimes show IPOD on the display a sometimes aux when that shows I don't get the message but the song will pause sometimes restarting on it's own other times I have to start it and I can't advance songs from the ES controls. I'm thinking there must be some kind of electric interference? If thats the case and I take the body apart to get at the cable is there something I could wrap the cable in to shield it?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oe3spyderguy View Post
    I had the dealer move the iphone port from the trunk up by the handlebars on my 2012 rts se5 so i could mount it on my leader iphone holder. If I ride with a light throttle all is usually good I can play my music apps through the ES but when ( not if)I get on the throttle hard to pass or just have fun I get the ( this accessory is not supported by iphone ) message on the phone and the music stops playing then sometimes before I can do anything the music will start playing again on it's own sometimes not, but the phone is still charging.Then to get the music to play I have to unplug it and plug it back in. After that the ES will sometimes show IPOD on the display a sometimes aux when that shows I don't get the message but the song will pause sometimes restarting on it's own other times I have to start it and I can't advance songs from the ES controls. I'm thinking there must be some kind of electric interference? If thats the case and I take the body apart to get at the cable is there something I could wrap the cable in to shield it?
    I wonder if they routed the wires near the spark plug wires or the coils? If you put shielded wrap over the wires only ground it on one end otherwise it becomes a current loop.

http://www.belden.com/resourcecenter.../Shielding.pdf

JT

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Iphone

I attached a photo of my iPhone setup. I attached a ram mount and ran a cord from the rear, under the seat. I can lock the plug in the center lockable console when not in use. I have more pictures of the set up if you want to see.
    Moving the iPod port was a great idea. Would like to see it if you have pics.
    Bill
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billyp View Post
    I attached a photo of my iPhone setup. I attached a ram mount and ran a cord from the rear, under the seat. I can lock the plug in the center lockable console when not in use. I have more pictures of the set up if you want to see.
    Moving the iPod port was a great idea. Would like to see it if you have pics.
    Bill
    I like your placement.....

I ran the iphone/ipod cable up under the seat and installed it on the right front side using a ram mount and x-grip.... but I like your placement a lot better

IMG_2909.jpg

1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oe3spyderguy View Post
    I'm an Android guy but doesn't iPhone have some kind of "shake to control the music" feature? I think if you are listening to music and shake it rapidly, it wil shuffle to the next song? I think you can disable that. But try it with just a pair of headphones to see if I am right...