Spyder Garage

Default Relocators/Shocks/Anti swaybar?

I heard some say that adding the relocators raised the front ground clearance. I have heard they had no affect on ground clearance. I have a 2012 RT Ltd with a Baharon bar, stock shocks and no relocators. Will the addition of relocators raise the front? Do I have to add Elkas to raise the front, are they adjustable to raise the front? Is there another way to raise the front? I am pretty satisfied with the handling/ride as it is. I would add the 2 missing items if it would raise the front a little. It just seems the same setup either raises the front on some and on others it doesn't. HELP please.

J. D.
    Last edited by TexasSpyder; 04-29-2013 at 09:39 PM.
    2016 F3T Magnesium Metalic : Smooth Spyder Dual Backrest, Lamonster LED Head lights and Fog lights

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Shocks

I had the sway bar and relocators and bump plate put on. I did not notice much difference on front end height.

Spyder Garage

I have a 2011 RTL and the people putting on the shocks and relocater had to lift the front end to get the jack under the bike to do the work. When they were done the jack slid out with room to spare. So yes they do raise the front in. Once they are put on you have to readjust the head lights cause the low beams seem to be high and the high are really high.

Spyder Garage

Default Why so anxious to raise the Front?

Why are you looking to raise the front? See: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...l=1#post614059
    Kinggeek
    Mandeville,LA

VERY HAPPY Spyder Ryder!

Where have we been on the Spyder? See below:

Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 in Congac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 20Limited12 View Post
    I heard some say that adding the relocators raised the front ground clearance. I have heard they had no affect on ground clearance. I have a 2012 RT Ltd with a Baharon bar, stock shocks and no relocators. Will the addition of relocators raise the front? Do I have to add Elkas to raise the front, are they adjustable to raise the front? Is there another way to raise the front? I am pretty satisfied with the handling/ride as it is. I would add the 2 missing items if it would raise the front a little. It just seems the same setup either raises the front on some and on others it doesn't. HELP please.
    J. D.
    I had the same concerns about changing the RT front end clearance, mainly related to trailer loading ramps and rutted backroads. I had both the rear Elka shock and the Relocator brackets installed at Pitbull and somehow came out with nearly an inch more clearance in the front than before. I already had Elka shocks on the front for nearly a year but didnt want to give up any clearance. Final result on the clearance was a big plus.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kinggeek View Post
    Why are you looking to raise the front? See: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...l=1#post614059
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Bet he wished for a moment he had an elevator (like a plane)...

JT

Spyder Garage

The main reason is speed bumps at an establishment I frequent. Tired of the nose bumping.

J. D.
    2016 F3T Magnesium Metalic : Smooth Spyder Dual Backrest, Lamonster LED Head lights and Fog lights