Spyder Garage

Default Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebar

Didn't even know there was such a thing, until I got the catalogue today. How many directions does it adjust? It does say 'tri axis'. Does it adjust enough to make it worthwhile?
    Pat
    Burp(Gone, but not forgotten) - Viper Red 2012 RT-S SE5
    B-2 - Intense Red Pearl 2016 RT-S SE6
    GP - Phoenix Orange 2019 F3 LTD

Spyder Garage

Hmm, no one has these yet?
    Pat
    Burp(Gone, but not forgotten) - Viper Red 2012 RT-S SE5
    B-2 - Intense Red Pearl 2016 RT-S SE6
    GP - Phoenix Orange 2019 F3 LTD

Spyder Garage

Default Tri Axis Handlebars

Just got them on my 2012 RTS. Noticed an improvement in riding position on the way home after install but also noticed slight handling difference. Made an adjustment to the bars after getting home which corrected the handling difference.

I didn't have a real 'problem' with the stock bars... but they were definitely a reach... arms fully extended... felt these new bars would eliminate the shoulder aches/pains I used to get on longer 2-wheel rides. Looking forward to testing them on our trip to Americade in June. Also... really happy with the 'look' of the black bars on my Magnesium Metallic !

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I would have loved to see these at SF. Great add.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Luvs2Ride View Post
    Just got them on my 2012 RTS. Noticed an improvement in riding position on the way home after install but also noticed slight handling difference. Made an adjustment to the bars after getting home which corrected the handling difference.

I didn't have a real 'problem' with the stock bars... but they were definitely a reach... arms fully extended... felt these new bars would eliminate the shoulder aches/pains I used to get on longer 2-wheel rides. Looking forward to testing them on our trip to Americade in June. Also... really happy with the 'look' of the black bars on my Magnesium Metallic !
    Should have added... the new handlebar install also required a new GPS mount to give room for the handlebars to move. Unexpected advantage -- GPS is easier to read. The process was pricey but, hopefully, will be worth it.

Now... how can I afford that Akrapovic Sport Touring exhaust system I saw (& heard) on a 2013 Spyder at my dealership...

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

I put a set on my 2012 RT a few weeks back. One of the best mods I've made. I am able to adjust the bars for arm and shoulder comfort allowing me to ride in a more relaxed position if I choose. They can be re-adjusted fairly easy with the included T-wrench. Installation is a "challenge".

Pictures on my mod thread below.
    Last edited by DR Buck; 08-06-2013 at 09:40 AM.
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Spyder Garage

Default Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebar

I rode to Spyderfest with my new bars and I have to say they made the ride much more comfortable.
    2011 Pearl White RT Limited
    HMT Brake Light, Fender Tips Kit, Mudflap Lights, GloRyders, Seal Floorboards, Powerlet 12V, Garage Door Momentary Button, Bump Skid, Elka's Stage 1, Ultimate Sea, Air Wings

Member of the Woodstock Spyder Ryders (Illinois)

Spyder Garage

I have the Tri Axis Handlebar on order with the adjustable GPS mount. But; from what I am seeing, it might only accept the Garmin 660 series. I was initially planning on buying the 665 (w/weather/traffic). But; I’m thinking now; just to keep it simple.
    I found the new Garmin Zumo 350LM that I think would be just fine. Talking to Garmin earlier, the holes on the cradles of the 660 & 350LM do not match up. So; I’m not too confident that the 350LM will work on the adjustable mount.
    Any thoughts on this? I may end up with a 660s series, after all. But; I like to explore the options.
    For the past 4.5+ years, I have used the Garmin 450/550 models. Great products!

Thanks!
    - Greg

2013 RT-S Circuit Yellow Metallic

Previously owned...

2008 Spyder GS (Full Moon) 32,800 miles
    2011 Spyder RS-S (Magnesium/Black) 31,230 miles

Spyder Garage

Smile Just installed.....

Just got my new bars installed on Sunday and took it for a ride last night. I am soooooo much more happy with the bike now. My 6 foot husband rode it to get gas and now hates it as it is too "short" for him. For the first time since I bought the bike I can sit back into the lumbar support and still reach the bars. We pulled them closer to gether and a little higher. It is the best thing since sliced bread. Will never go back to stock bars.
    Gay

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Luvs2Ride View Post
    Luvs2Ride: what was the difference in handling, and what did you do to adjust it? I really, really, REALLY want to get the tri-axis bars before I go to Panama City Beach next month, but I don't want to set myself up for a bizzarro ride if I don't have time (or the know-how) to make adjustments. Also, apart from the cost of the bars themselves, what was labor running you guys to get them installed? Two hours? Three? I'm tempted to ask my (very handy) boyfriend to give it a try, but again...don't want to set myself up for a big fail if he can't get them right in time for PCB. What do you guys think?

'12 Spyder RT, '05 Suzuki Boulevard S50, '14 H-D Softail Slim

Spyder Garage

Default Tri Axis Handlebars

Quote Originally Posted by Shandycat View Post
    Luvs2Ride: what was the difference in handling, and what did you do to adjust it? I really, really, REALLY want to get the tri-axis bars before I go to Panama City Beach next month, but I don't want to set myself up for a bizzarro ride if I don't have time (or the know-how) to make adjustments. Also, apart from the cost of the bars themselves, what was labor running you guys to get them installed? Two hours? Three? I'm tempted to ask my (very handy) boyfriend to give it a try, but again...don't want to set myself up for a big fail if he can't get them right in time for PCB. What do you guys think?
    Shandycat.... The difference in handling was just me adjusting to the position of the new bars ... bike responded differently... sort of like riding a Spyder for the 1st time with the 'grip of death'... a little twitchy. When we got home, my husband loosened the two bolts that allow the bars to be moved forward/backward and in/out. We moved them further forward and out. You just need to find that handlebar position that 'fits' you. Adjustments aren't hard, but you (or someone) has to have the hand strength needed to loosen those bolts. The new handlebars come with a T-handle tool to use on the bolts.

We had routine service work done at the same time as this install... but the labor for handlebars was about 1.7 hours. Hope this helps and enjoy your trip!

Jenna J

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default HOW ABOUT SOME

Pictures Please, .............Thankyou........

Spyder Garage

Default new Handlebars and a long ride

Just got home from a 4 hour ride back from North Lake Tahoe and no shoulder ache. I attribute this to the new handlebars. Prior to this ride in an hour and my neck and shoulders would ache something fierce. This is the best mod for my bike and the mods include foot rests, skid plate, seat, and so on. You can adjust them to fit you, rather than you trying to fit the bike.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default You may want to check out....

Heli Bars I got mine from them for my GS at less than 1/2 the price of the
    kind you are asking about, they make units for just about all motorcycles.

Spyder Garage

I'm really close to pulling the trigger on this handlebar, but have a question for those of you who have it. I currently have an ISCI cup holder and would like to know if any of you might have one and were able to mount it to the tri axis handlebar?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Handle Bars

Where do you get the catalog? What is the web page?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default NOT ALL HANDLEBARS

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    Heli Bars I got mine from them for my GS at less than 1/2 the price of the
    kind you are asking about, they make units for just about all motorcycles.
    But not for the .....RT

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Give them time... If they don't some body will

QUOTE=BLUEKNIGHT911;685087]

But not for the .....RT[/QUOTE]

Spyder Garage

Would you be able to use a hand brake system with these bars. They look like a great fit for the rt

Spyder Garage

Default Yes

I have a 2015 RTS and had the dealer install the tri-axis handlebars.
    I then ordered and installed the ISCI Handbrake myself.
    It works great and is my primary means of stopping as my legs do not work very well.
    Best of luck and ride safe.
    Thump
    Thump

Spyder Garage

To answer your question, lol they can be adjust for pitch (for or aft) and width. Not sure why they call it tri axis unless they are referring to the compound effect. I have had mine for 2 years now and while expensive, they do work great.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Tri Axis Adjustabel Handlebar

I need some information.
    Who has the part number for the two bolts in this kit?
    We installed this on my wife's 2014 STS-SE5 and I need one or both of the bolts that mount the kit to the Spyder.
    I have a S/S bolt with a 1" ball mount for our Spyder that replaces the before mentioned bolt from the kit. And I
    need to machine the thickness of the new bolt to match the one in the kit.
    Anyone ?? Help Please ????
    And by the way it was one of the best modifications to my wife's Spyder we have ever done.