Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    It may be that, early on, they (Elka) didn't know the RT took a longer rear shock.
    Would 'early on' mean ... umm ... a year ago? I think I mentioned previously in this thread I'd be getting with Elka. I never said I was eatin' anything. The one thing for sure was I needed to get the defect off the Spyder and replace it. I mean ... it was painful! Needless to say, I wasn't going to nose dive into another Elka until I know what's going on and what my options are, including recapture of a few bucks. Time ... I need the time ... and trying to contact Elka during Spyderfest would've been futile. Meanwhile, the Spyder is ryding fine on a new stock rear, keeping in mind that the current 2012 replacement part is improved over the 2010 stock part. I'm sure the stock will get me through the summer.

Oh, btw ... your swaybar works great, noting it does require one back off the pre-load if you've got Elka fronts. I have Stage1+R's on the front and came off four full turns (could possibly use another turn).
    Last edited by SilverSurfer; 05-07-2013 at 10:52 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
    Would 'early on' mean ... umm ... a year ago? I think I mentioned previously in this thread I'd be getting with Elka. I never said I was eatin' anything. The one thing for sure was I needed to get the defect off the Spyder and replace it. I mean ... it was painful! Needless to say, I wasn't going to nose dive into another Elka until I know what's going on and what my options are, including recapture of a few bucks. Time ... I need the time ... and trying to contact Elka during Spyderfest would've been futile. Meanwhile, the Spyder is ryding fine on a new stock rear, keeping in mind that the current 2012 replacement part is improved over the 2010 stock part. I'm sure the stock will get me through the summer.

Oh, btw ... your swaybar works great, noting it does require one back off the pre-load if you've got Elka fronts. I have Stage1+R's on the front and came off four full turns (could possibly use another turn).
    No, 'Early On' would not mean a year ago. The time frame baffles me even more. Can't imagine how you'd end up with a short shock. I agree, I certainly wouldn't pop for another Elka until you get the current issue ironed out. This story could still have a happy ending.

Glad the bar worked out well. The amount of pre-load you are able to back off of the Elka shock springs is the amount of Sway Bar function that the shocks were trying to handle. Now that the Sway Bar is doing its job, the Elka's can get back to what they do best, which is give you a great ride!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...