Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Some of my thoughts on Spyderfest 2013

I can't sleep so I just quit trying. I have a 700 mile run today but it looks like I may stay dry till I get near the house and then the rain gear for my rain gear goes on.

I just want to say what a great time I had at Spyderfest 2013. I have no idea how Len and the Pit Bull crew setup a new dealership that fast and have become the number one Spyder dealer when compared to all other dealers for the last 7 months. Oh and he put on the largest Spyder owners event while he was setting up this new dealership with a little volunteer group we've come to know and love called the "MOgang" . I dare say if our country was ran by folks like these we would have no worries as a Nation. These guys worked hard to server us and to make sure we went away saying we had a good time.

The weather did it's best to try and mess this event up but it backfired. When we were stuck at the dealership or the hotel we really got to know each other and pour the foundation for life long friendships. I know this to be true because I have life long friends from 13 years ago that were formed by events like this. The facetime we got with each other was priceless and I've never been with a more loving group of folks than you all. I can't tell you how many folks asked me how my boys were doing and how my wife was getting along. You don't ask those things unless you really care and I know you guys care. Oh and apparently the coon videos are a big hit because they ranked right up there with the comments I got from you folks. Guess I'll keep posting them on my Spyder Facebook page.

The Pit Bull service guys did a bang up job installing accessories and taking care of problems that folks were having. I know a few folks that decided instead of waiting for repairs they just went home with a new Spyder and their Spyder was sold within hours. Spyders were flying out of Pit Bull all week. Once again I don't know how these guys did it.

The support from BRP was top notch too. These guys thought they were going on a little vacation here in Springfield MO but what they got was slammed from the time they walked through the doors till the time they left. I'm sure they will be thankful to go back to work in Canada! They did an excellent job taking care of folks in record time. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to publicly thank you for your support at this event and sorry we worked you so hard but we enjoyed your help with everything.

As I do the last of my packing getting ready to leave I have tears in my eyes thinking about all the great things that went on this week. I want to go home but I don't want to leave you all. You are my Spyder Family and I love you all and already miss you. I'll carry on thoughts from this event forever. Here's a big hug from the Lamonster.

And please fill in the blanks and tell us what your favorite part about Spyderfest was. There was just too much for one guy to list.

Spyder Garage

I think everyone will add their experience here, it was the grandest time ever for me, the people, the riders, the vendors, MOgang and Pitbull will be in my memories forever. On having a complete stranger talk to you out of the blue, but taking your time on explaining what's going on here and directing them to Pitbull Motorsports. Everyone be careful in your travels, God bless yall, love you all.

Spyder Garage

I don't know where to begin but we had a great time at SpyderFest. Spyders everywhere and people just walk up and start talking to you like they knew you and everyone was so friendly. Got to put faces with names of friends from SpyderLovers.

We just had a great time!

JT

Spyder Garage

Default My First Spyderfest!!!!!!!

First off the friendly and cordial folks in the Ozark community and area rivaled Texas in the way they treated us. I would love to be able to retire in this area. Everything was great. Loved the vendor area and seeing firsthand the products they offer. Hotel was great (Americas Best). Meeting fellow Spyder riders. Pittbull Powersports is awsome along with the staff. Great job for all that were involved in making this happen. Did someone say somthing about "weather", didn't really notice it was having too good of a time.........can't wait for my second one no matter what time of the year it happens.
    2016 F3T Magnesium Metalic : Smooth Spyder Dual Backrest, Lamonster LED Head lights and Fog lights

Spyder Garage

My 2010 RT was down for several days so I got lots of visiting and Spyder watching in. Met lots of folks I wouldn't have if I had been out riding so it was kind of a good thing. Spent way too much money at Vendor Village but you only go around once so live Iit up! Weather is a crap shoot wherever you go. Thanks to Len and the whole gang and BRP!
    Never accept "no" from someone who does not have the authority to say "yes".

Spyder Garage

All the vendors where very friendly and you got a chance to see there product installed on other spyders.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Default Well said..!!

Folks will talk about it for ever. Events like these are priceless. I'm only sorry we could not make it this year but feel like we were there through this site were the feed back kept us in the loop. Thanks Lamont and hoped everyone thanks the organizers for the amazing job they did...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

This was my first spyderfest and it was awesome! I will definitely be there next year. I met a lot of great folks and saw some amazing spyders. MOGang did an outstanding job putting it all together.

Spyder Garage

Well I'm not going to say I had the best time of my life. When you're getting up in years as I am you have a lot of great moments to look back on. That being said, what a great time I had even with all the rain. I will say I am glad I had my truck or I might be singing a different tune. And if not for the rain I wouldn't have went to the largest and original Bass Pro Shop. All I can say about that place is WOW!!!

My favorite part wasn't the beautiful day we had riding Thursday. It was the pie run that didn't happen, what a party that was in the lobby of the Comfort Inn.

I got to meet and talk about sleds with Rattigan_Roger and murphybrown. I got to see a lot of new faces and the familiar faces I don't see often because I don't get the chance to go to many of these events.

A big thank you to MoGang for all their efforts. I know it was tough on them trying to organize things around all the rain.

One thing I learned about the state of MO., the police can stop you for no reason. But thanks to the State Troopers that mapped out a route for us. Firefly, Some Guy, Some Girl, myself and my wife Connie had a great ride on Thursday. One thing I regret is trying to keep up with Dan. I about separated Connie's shoulders from her body on those curves. She had a death grip on the grab bars but she never complained, the best wife a man could ever have. Another thing about Missouri, I guess they are not required to have a lead vehicle for extra wide loads. We were cutting through the curves pretty good when out of nowhere is a double wide taking up most of the road.

I could go on all day about Spyderfest, and I do literally mean all day, I am a sloooooooow typer. Let me end here by saying thank you Bob Denman for being Bob Denman, you my friend are a hoot.
    Last edited by mxz600; 04-28-2013 at 02:24 PM.
    Here's To A Great Riding Season, Snowmobile That Is

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"

Spyder Garage

Thanks to all those for posting about Spyderfest for those of us who were not able to attend.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) pslawing's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This was my first spyderfest. My husband rides a Harley and graciously agreed to come with me. We both had a blast despite the weather. We were very thankful for one good day to ride, in which we fulfilled a bucket list item to ride on Route 66. We went to Cuba, saw all the sites talked about at the last Spyderfest, then headed south through the country of rolling hills to the drag races. A WONDERFUL day! I especially enjoyed meeting some great people, not only spyerlovers, but the midwesterners too! Everyone was so friendly. The weather allowed us to really bond.
    Hats off to the MoGang group that worked tirelessly to make this happen. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
    We look forward to next year, the weather has to be better, to make even more friends.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default spyderfest

This was my first spyderfest. I took up conversations with folks I had met at Lamont's BBQ back in Sept. Yep, it rained some, but got a little riding in and finally was able to put faces with names. What a hoot Bob D is......and I have "a" picture. Enjoyed meeting Roger, hell, I enjoyed meeting everyone. I did not meet a stranger. Everyone had something in common. Can't say enough about Len & the Mogang. They are awesome. I think one of the best parts for me was the Girls On Spyders meeting. We had so much fun.
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Many thanks to MOGANG and Pitbull for the work that was needed to put this together. Left here Tuesday in snow, transitioned to sleet, then rain the rest of the way into Springfield. Two nice days, great group ride, Vet&Venture. Friday weather sucked, but got to hang out with a bunch of Spyderryders at the Best Western, (you know who you are). Saturday wasn't great and found out ISCI bailed so I didn't get to spend my money, but the final nights' festivities warmed things up. Drive home today started in the clouds and ended in sunshine. Thanks once again.
    Pat
    Burp(Gone, but not forgotten) - Viper Red 2012 RT-S SE5
    B-2 - Intense Red Pearl 2016 RT-S SE6
    GP - Phoenix Orange 2019 F3 LTD

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It was flat-out AWESOME!!! The rain got in the way of some riding, but it didn't slow up any of the visiting with all of our new bestest friends!
    I kept telling all of you that I was real and that I do ride...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default As I stated on Facebook...

Every year it becomes more and more of a family reunion. 'nuff said!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

I sure hope that the last one to leave the PARTY turns out the lights!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Default Still burning bright

Quote Originally Posted by GloryRyders View Post
    I sure hope that the last one to leave the PARTY turns out the lights!
    With all the awesome memories those lights won't go out for a long time!!
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

I had a great time at SpyderFest and was especially happy that our 10 year old son enjoyed himself even after the 100 mile ryde for the parade line up. I want to thank all of you for helping rekindle the fire I had for my Spyder and getting me back into the spirit of ryding and this sight. My wife was right, I really did need this break! I am already trying to figure out how to work it into the schedule next year.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    I had a great time at SpyderFest and was especially happy that our 10 year old son enjoyed himself even after the 100 mile ryde for the parade line up. I want to thank all of you for helping rekindle the fire I had for my Spyder and getting me back into the spirit of ryding and this sight. My wife was right, I really did need this break! I am already trying to figure out how to work it into the schedule next year.
    It was good to finally meet you after all of your posts over the years. Glad your son didn't disown you after making him ride that long. I hope he didn't get his pants too wet going down the slide at the school . Your Spyder looks even better up close as it does in your posts.

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JJW SpyderRider View Post
    It was good to finally meet you after all of your posts over the years. Glad your son didn't disown you after making him ride that long. I hope he didn't get his pants too wet going down the slide at the school . Your Spyder looks even better up close as it does in your posts.
    He said he was fine once I bought him a bag of pretzels at the gas stop. Not too sure how much the ryders behind us may have appreciated that though, but you have to learn to pick your battles. Unfortunately he started getting a sore throat and his ear was bothering him later that evening during the bike show. He waited until we made it back to the hotel before starting to vomit and continued to do so in the truck most of the way home yesterday. He appears to be somewhat better today, but now my wife isn't feeling so well. I figured if we don't both get sick after being cooped up in the truck for over 16 hours with him it will be a miracle.

Thanks for the compliment on my Spyder, it is appreciated.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Default My favorite time at Spyderfest 2013 was being broke down!

Yup I said it I had a ball with my broke bike on saturday, could have been the worst day ever but here is what happened.
    The battery died because I was showing off the lights then a ride was about to leave and I thought I would go, so I tried to get a jump but when I finally got the bike working the ride had left. I let the bike idle for a while to get the battery charged and when I tried to get a move on, the throttle would not respond, I got a lot of help and then I saw Lamont and asked him for some help getting the codes off the bike. He did one better and brought his computer along and put the bike on buds. Turns out the throttle body had given up the ghost (probably about the same time as the jump start). I called Pitt Bull and asked for help and they sent out a BRP rep (Aaron) and one of the greats from here (Docdoru) to give me a tow to Pit Bull. I had a blast on the ride to the shop with the guys and I have to say I was impressed with Doc's driving, I think it was the slowest he has gone in quite a while (48 in a 65). When we got to the shop the BRP techs where waiting for me, and before I got the bike parked they were already taking parts off and getting to work, I didn't get their names but a big thank you to them is in order. It took a record 1.5 hours for them to tear apart the bike, change out the throttle body, put the bike together again, and, this is a big and, they made sure all of my lights worked before giving it back to me. At the shop I talked to Bob Denman, and Dave & Teddy. I scarfed down a Cinnibon and when the work was over the charge was.......................A HAND SHAKE! I so completely feel like I robbed a bank!

So to Reggy and Joe with Tricled,
    Lamont, Docdoru, Aaron, the techs and the Pitt bull gang THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I got done in time to be there for all of the closing events and there were no issues on the ride back, I think I even got better milage!

Mike
    Corbin saddle
    spyderpops block off plate, bump skid, belt guard
    IPS
    Tricled LED lights all around(too many to name here)
    Smoothspyder belt tensioner
    Custom Dynamics britesides
    VTC floorboards, upper air vents, spoiler
    BK car stuff HID upgrade
    trailer hitch
    Repainted rear fender, trunk latch assembly, switch cluster, gauge cluster
    cell phone interface kit
    travel cover that no longer fits due to the spoiler
    New sway bar
    New shock relocator

Spyder Garage

Other than the disappointment of the rain, we had a good time. BB was happy as a barrel of sock monkeys to meet her sisters from the GOS. That's an up and coming group and looks to be devloping into a force to be reckoned with. I was having a few issues so if it seemed like I was ignoring anyone, I wasn't and I apologize if I offended anyone. I got to briefly meet my idol, Mr. Denman. I missed a lot of folks I think because of the spread in motels. Missed chatting with Len but he was like a midwest tornado. Hey Len, did you give your crew the week off this week? They sure deserve it. Got to see some old friends and meet some new. The impromptu hymn sing in the conference room seemed to be a hit with some folks as well. Don't know about next year yet. To coin a line from a song, "I don't know about tomorrow, but I know who holds my hand". God bless everyone.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JCSMOKE View Post
    Yup I said it I had a ball with my broke bike on saturday, could have been the worst day ever but here is what happened.
    The battery died because I was showing off the lights then a ride was about to leave and I thought I would go, so I tried to get a jump but when I finally got the bike working the ride had left. I let the bike idle for a while to get the battery charged and when I tried to get a move on, the throttle would not respond, I got a lot of help and then I saw Lamont and asked him for some help getting the codes off the bike. He did one better and brought his computer along and put the bike on buds. Turns out the throttle body had given up the ghost (probably about the same time as the jump start). I called Pitt Bull and asked for help and they sent out a BRP rep (Aaron) and one of the greats from here (Docdoru) to give me a tow to Pit Bull. I had a blast on the ride to the shop with the guys and I have to say I was impressed with Doc's driving, I think it was the slowest he has gone in quite a while (48 in a 65). When we got to the shop the BRP techs where waiting for me, and before I got the bike parked they were already taking parts off and getting to work, I didn't get their names but a big thank you to them is in order. It took a record 1.5 hours for them to tear apart the bike, change out the throttle body, put the bike together again, and, this is a big and, they made sure all of my lights worked before giving it back to me. At the shop I talked to Bob Denman, and Dave & Teddy. I scarfed down a Cinnibon and when the work was over the charge was.......................A HAND SHAKE! I so completely feel like I robbed a bank!

So to Reggy and Joe with Tricled,
    Lamont, Docdoru, Aaron, the techs and the Pitt bull gang THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I got done in time to be there for all of the closing events and there were no issues on the ride back, I think I even got better milage!

Mike
    I talked to Dany this morning and the had the GoPro going and start to finish was 1 hour 15 min. It was their personal best and they had just done one before you got there.

Glad it all worked out the way it did Bro.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    He said he was fine once I bought him a bag of pretzels at the gas stop. Not too sure how much the ryders behind us may have appreciated that though, but you have to learn to pick your battles. Unfortunately he started getting a sore throat and his ear was bothering him later that evening during the bike show. He waited until we made it back to the hotel before starting to vomit and continued to do so in the truck most of the way home yesterday. He appears to be somewhat better today, but now my wife isn't feeling so well. I figured if we don't both get sick after being cooped up in the truck for over 16 hours with him it will be a miracle.

Thanks for the compliment on my Spyder, it is appreciated.
    Michael it was so good to see you again and I finally got to meet your wife...she was truely amazing helping out Reggy and is a wonderful person. Glad to hear your son is doing a little better today and I hope your wife feels better soon. Please thank her for working on my bike, it was much appreciated! Take care and God Bless.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

The number 1 highlight for me was our impromptu praise and worship in the conference room. It was great to be singing with Peggy & Dale Lawing (the guitar player), Optimus Prime (Cliff), Phil (our 'choir director'), Ernie ('and that's a true story!'), Ernie's wife, Terri Clark and Faran. Now to sound like Uncle Si, the number 1 highlight as meeting all of the GOS. What an awesome group of women!! The weather was the pits, don't have any control over that, but the MOgang did a great job. Thanks for everything and enjoyed meeting so many new family and hangin' with the ones we knew from Maggie Valley and Lamont's.