Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lookerjdc View Post
    sure, the weather could have been better, but no one (at least not that we know of) controls the weather

sure, would have preferred more ryde time

but, as I have said in another post, it was WONDERFUL to have spent time with and met all the Spyder Ryders that stayed at the Best Western - we had nightly conference room sessions that I'm sure drove the non Spyderfest guests a little crazy...... lol

and with the rain, Pitbull was overrun and I again would like to thank Len, Eric, and the rest of the Pitbull crew and MoGang folks for doing a great job in less than great circumstances

Hawaii anyone? lol...... it rains a lot there also
    Every time I go to Florida (and I go at least once a year), it rains... no matter what part of the state!!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

I didn't make the trip to Spyderfest this year, and I regret it, but I will tell you this, and its already been said here... weather is something that is out of everyone's control.

Some of us from the MD Spyder Web took a ryde a couple weekends ago, and although the outlook was good, it turned out to be very cold! Most of us dressed in layers thinking we would be shedding gear by noon that day, but it just never warmed up, so by 3pm, it was freezing and we were all got caught off guard.

The ryde home at 9pm was in mid 30's temps (plus the windchill), and we were in warm weather ryding gear,... those things happen sometimes on a bike, especially this time of year. all you can do is plan as well as you can, and hope to have a good outcome.

Having said all that, I wouldn't have traded that day for anything! We had a great time. Great ryde, good sunshine for the most part, and awesome company! This is why we ryde, the people.

Like Tanshanomi said, I would take a cold rain over a tornado or a driving thunderstorm any day! ... /shudder,... When life hands you lemons, you have choices,... I do my best to make lemonade when I can. I'll be in MO next year come hell or high water, and I can't wait to see you all again!

Ryde safe! --P
    2014 Spyder RT Limited , OEM NA Satin Platinum

krzychick

Default From a VENDORS VEIW POINT, super idea !!!!!

Hey KRZY CHICK here, Rivco Products would love that as well...the 2 weeks in between Mother's Day and Memorial Day....there are NO other Rally's on our calendar, so it may be something we could atleast take into consideration for next year ????HURRAY ANOTHER VENDOR !!!!! anyways...I do hope they think about it, I did hear weather was lousy, so chances are May would be a WIN, WIN, for Rivco anyway...thanks for thinking this 1 up !!!!!KRZY CHICK

QUOTE=DocRags;612566]Dear Len and MoGang members: I am thoroughly tired of the April showers in Missouri (or was it Misery?)...how about trying for the May flowers instead (as the childhood rhyme goes)? Those of us not used to the cold could better acclimate to the weather in May...the time between Mother's Day and Memorial Day would work well (i.e. May 14 - 17). It wouldn't be too close to the Owners Event. Or consider moving Spyderfest to the fall. We could enjoy fall foliage and some great riding. It was a bummer to be in the Ozarks and get very little Spyder riding in.[/QUOTE]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by krzychick View Post
    Hey KRZY CHICK here, Rivco Products would love that as well...the 2 weeks in between Mother's Day and Memorial Day....there are NO other Rally's on our calendar, so it may be something we could atleast take into consideration for next year ????HURRAY ANOTHER VENDOR !!!!! anyways...I do hope they think about it, I did hear weather was lousy, so chances are May would be a WIN, WIN, for Rivco anyway...thanks for thinking this 1 up !!!!!KRZY CHICK
    krzychick, May is the wettest month of the year in Springfield Mo by far. Why would you want more rain?

I think the amount of rain we got in April was just the right amount...

JT

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Putting in another two cents worth. I can totally appreciate the time schedule of late April. May does start the "real beginning" of tourist season in the Ozarks. And the beginning of riding season. And having tried to plan events in May, it is next to impossible without the tourist aspect---ie, Mother's Day, Proms, Graduation, end of school activities etc. And April is perfect timing, even if the weather doesn't always cooperate. Mother Nature is fickle and the last weeks has proven that---rain one day, chilly temps another, sunburns the next. I think everyone who is posting "moving" Spyderfest needs to step up! I think first you have to find an AWESOME dealership like Pitbull and Len to be your MAJOR sponsor, and find a group of people who work as hard as MOGANG to put it together and work their keesters off making sure it is a success. I just want to say I am appreciative, and we have to take what mother nature dishes out.
    I rode home to Oklahoma yesterday, rain and cold, and almost all the clothes in my saddle bags to keep warm, and today rode in shirt sleeves. Come on, Spyderlovers, quit the belly achin' and appreciate what we have been privileged to share!
    Excellent point about graduation, prom, mother's day, etc........ this is hands down the strongest argument against moving it to May.

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,
    TricLed/Custom Dynamics Led Project titled "Knight Rider"

krzychick

Default Hi JT

I was replying more on the fact that oooooh if it were moved to May yippie, we could maybe squeeze it into the crazy Rivco Rally schedule. Trust me we don't book our Rallys that we go to around rainy seasons... or can we control the weather, maybe in the future? Ya never know with the way technology has become ???? How nice that would be hey????? KRAZY CHICK

Quote Originally Posted by jthornton View Post
    krzychick, May is the wettest month of the year in Springfield Mo by far. Why would you want more rain?

I think the amount of rain we got in April was just the right amount...

JT

krzychick

Default WOW

What a beautiful photo....and that is a super duper idea, to do some type of Winterfest.getaway, doesn't have to be a Rally, I know as being a Vendorbilly, that's a looooong way to go, and Semi travel is dangerous coming from WI.during the winter months. But hey as a fun getaway with fellow SPYDERLOVERS, nice,..especially in the Keys WOW...it's been tooooo long since I have been, but I have great memories of a GREAT PLACE....KRAZY CHICK

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Fin View Post
    The best time to come here and play is December thru April and I know by the posts that I see in the winter that those up North would love to have a break from the cold. Those that are interested can let me know what month would be best and I will see what we can do here at the resort to accomodate everyone. It could be a Spyder Winterfest with trips to Key West, Florida Everglades and other nearby points of interest. Let me hear from those that are interested. I think we are a big enough group that we could have a Spyder Winterfest in the Winter and Spyderfest in the Spring. I would like for everyone to experience the beauty of the Keys.

Spyder Garage

I couldn't be at this year's Spyderfest for a variety of reasons. It sounds like that some people let the weather and other things get to them, and most everyone else dealt with what happened and had a good time anyway. It also sounds like the MoGang did a fabulous job in organizing an event with over 800 Spyders at a completely new venue in just 5 months. Except for the MoGang, does anyone know how hard that is? Then you've got a dealer who in my humble opinion is nuts trying to sponsor such an event, while opening up a new building and dealership, and move from one side of Missouri to the other. And some people complain that the weather wasn't perfect like they expected the organizers to control the weather along with everything else. Like people said in posts before this one, if Spyderfest didn't meet your expectations this year, don't come next year. My hat's off to everyone who was a part of organizing and running Spyderfest. You have a lot to be proud of.

I don't care when Spyderfest is in 2014. All I know is that if it's possible, I plan on being there. After I get through traveling to Maggie Valley this year for the Owner's event, traveling to Spyderfest next year will be a breeze.

Tony
    <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
    2017 Red F3T

Mods
    Lamonster RIP Floorboards
    Lamonster H4 LED headlights
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights
    Lamonster LED White and Amber Fog Ring
    Lamonster Show Chrome Fender kit
    Lamonster Drink holder
    Lamonster Dual Power Plate with large X-Grip
    Lamonster F3 Driver Back Rest
    Lamonster Lid Lock
    Baker Air Wings Luggage Rack

Spyder Garage

Default Hi krzyckick

Quote Originally Posted by krzychick View Post
    I was replying more on the fact that oooooh if it were moved to May yippie, we could maybe squeeze it into the crazy Rivco Rally schedule. Trust me we don't book our Rallys that we go to around rainy seasons... or can we control the weather, maybe in the future? Ya never know with the way technology has become ???? How nice that would be hey????? KRAZY CHICK
    I think it is more fun to just wake up then stick your head out the window and pull a quarter out of your pocket... about as accurate as you can get in Missouri.

JT

Spyder Garage

Default DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by 20Limited12 View Post
    But I will be there whenever it is.

J. D.
    DITTO!
    Kinggeek
    Mandeville,LA

VERY HAPPY Spyder Ryder!

Where have we been on the Spyder? See below:

Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 in Congac

Spyder Garage

I would love to attend spyderfest, but the way my vacation is accrued I only have 3.75 days accumulated by April 1st. If the "fest" does not fall on my off time (14 day on, 7 days off) I just cannot make it. By moving to may I have 5 vacation day available. This makes it more feasible for me to make it to the "FEST". Like I've said for the last couple of years...maybe next year.... I'm glad you guys and gals had a good tyme!
    Randy
    HAPPY SPYDER OWNER
    GULF COAST SPYDERRYDERS

Spyder Garage

Default It's not how much it weighs

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    A bushel of spinach leafs weighs a whole lot less than a bushel of corn. I'm not one to weigh my pound of corn in another's bushel. (cornfused?)

Chris
    It's not the weight. Everyone knows that spinach is soo much better for you than corn. Now one would have to agree that if you want to fatten a pig, feed it corn. Are you still confused?
    Don't just dream the dream! Live the dream! Sent from my coconut using tap-a-nut. Spyderlovers Southern-Most Member.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 1551retired View Post
    Thank you for saying what I've been thinking for several years. I have not gone to the event simply because it's still cold in April. Late May would be ideal. You can't do anything about rain but there's a much better chance it will be warmer and no snow in late May.
    Thank you for getting the point of my post...it's NOT the rain that I was complaining about, it was the COLD rain! For us to travel 750+ miles to get ONE day of good riding was a bummer. I appreciated all the work the MoGang did (I even helped them stuff registration bags while waiting for some service work to be done), but it was a disappointing time for me (and I know many others) due to the weather. I'm not asking anyone to control the rain, just to consider the temperatures that can occur when it rains in given months of the year. Global warming advocates mention hotter summers as well as colder, later winters so a chilly April in MO may be the new normal, if one believes in global warming (which is a whole 'nother bag of worms!). Kudos, again, to the MoGang and Len for all the hard work.
    2008 GS Phantom, 2012 RT Limited
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Spyder Garage

Default The best laid plans of mice, men and... motorcycle riders.

I didn't ride in the bad weather... I worked in it. That said, it's just part of riding. You can never plan well enough. Crap happens. The same thing could happen in May. You just never know. A couple of years ago it was freezing and even rained in Daytona during Bike Week. Still had a blast. Made the best of it.

My better half and the best dad ever!!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Default What do you think we are the Beverly Hillbillies?

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    How about moving it out west some place the weather is better out here.
    This past week it has been in the 80's & low 90's sunny and great riding
    weather in the Gold Country near lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Reno and such.
    You notice my logo has the sun in the background no rain drops here. hahahah
    Dave
    MoGang can't just throw everything on the top of an old truck and carry Granny and old Blue off to the west so that we can put on Spyderfest. You should put on your own event and call it Spyders in Paradise. LOL. I am just kidding you. It was hot as Hades here today though.

Spyder Garage

Default I'm in!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Fin View Post
    The best time to come here and play is December thru April and I know by the posts that I see in the winter that those up North would love to have a break from the cold. Those that are interested can let me know what month would be best and I will see what we can do here at the resort to accomodate everyone. It could be a Spyder Winterfest with trips to Key West, Florida Everglades and other nearby points of interest. Let me hear from those that are interested. I think we are a big enough group that we could have a Spyder Winterfest in the Winter and Spyderfest in the Spring. I would like for everyone to experience the beauty of the Keys.
    I'm in. The wife just said "hell ya," we'll go! Tomorrow is May 1st and we are forecast to get up to 5"of snow.
    Last edited by Squadcarman; 04-30-2013 at 08:24 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If life hands you a lemon... make some lemonade!
    If you can't ride; enjoy visiting with all of your new best friends indoors...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Spring comes to the North more than a month in a half later then it does in Missouri. Here in VT the leaves still have yet to emerge. So until we hit better weather much further south, traveling to Spyderfest in April is the equivalent of anyone in the Missouri climate region traveling in late February to early March. I really don't think anyone there would ever consider having Spyderfest in early March so please try to understand how it is for us up North. We are for the most part excluded from Spyderfest unless we want to endure not just some rain but the very real possibility of snow and ice and very dangerous driving conditions for any motorcycle including a Spyder which are terrible on ice. You shouldn't have to risk your life to attend an event.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Phyxius's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Yeah, the rain sucked but, that's what rain gear is for!

The only day I didn't get much riding in was Friday because I had a limp mode on the way to SpyderFest with DPS, VSS, ABS and Check Engine lights. We think it was just something got wet so I was told to keep an eye on it. On Thursday after the ladies ride the computer was wonky again, this time the screen was turning on then going black, showing CanAM then going black over and over. I took it to Pitbull but the techs were at the track and after letting it sit for 20 minutes it was happy again. I followed Len to the drag strip, raced a bit and everything was fine. But, I had a BUD/s appointment at Pitbull in the AM (everything was clear) and missed the Eureka Springs ride.

But, the good thing about the rain on Friday? No one else was out so I got the ultimate seat swapped out, tricfenderz installed and the BUD/s check all in record time.

Saturday AM I went to the last 4 passport stops I needed including the distillery (which was full of purple heart recipients!) and the tiger sanctuary. Then, we had the group ride with 97!!! spyders and the parade.

PROS:
    • Meet, hangout and ride with new friends
    • learn more about spyders/riding locations etc
    • Get farkles!!
    • stories, memories and photos

CONS:

• It rained so, I had to wear rain gear
    • Too short, needed more time!
    • Most of the included meals were hot dogs and hamburgers, two things I don't eat.
    • I had stitches in my lip and people kept making me laugh and smile. (Ok, so not a con but I wanted four to make the pros and cons even...)

Thanks MoGang and Pitbull!
    -Christina
    2012 RT-S Blue
    Photographer and horse rider.
    2012 RT , Blue

Spyder Garage

I find it interesting and irritating that last year it rained and nobody whined about the weather or changing the dates....really, if you don't want to be out in the weather. Get a car. Oh, wait. People hide from the rain and cold when they have cars too....never mind.

I'm from WA where I grew up with less than mild temps and more rain than I could fill an ocean with. Rain is water. It gets you wet, it dries. MoGang and Ricky are going to keep the date on the same week because of what goes on in May...tourists, graduations, proms, and everything else. If this is really the only grip you have, learn to adjust....there's also a company out there who sells gear to combat the cold. They are called Gerbings. They sell enough heated gear to cover you from neck to toe if you need that much.

The only difference between riding when its clear and 70 and rainy and 50, or any combination of the 2 is what gear you put on. If you can't adjust, maybe mc ryding isn't for you.

Sorry if this offends anyone...wait...naw. I'm not. Its what needs to happen.
    RS - 55K+ miles, F3 - 200 miles and counting.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by joet82 View Post
    I find it interesting and irritating that last year it rained and nobody whined about the weather or changing the dates....really, if you don't want to be out in the weather. Get a car. Oh, wait. People hide from the rain and cold when they have cars too....never mind.

I'm from WA where I grew up with less than mild temps and more rain than I could fill an ocean with. Rain is water. It gets you wet, it dries. MoGang and Ricky are going to keep the date on the same week because of what goes on in May...tourists, graduations, proms, and everything else. If this is really the only grip you have, learn to adjust....there's also a company out there who sells gear to combat the cold. They are called Gerbings. They sell enough heated gear to cover you from neck to toe if you need that much.

The only difference between riding when its clear and 70 and rainy and 50, or any combination of the 2 is what gear you put on. If you can't adjust, maybe mc ryding isn't for you.

Come up to Michigan if you want some riding in April...You'd probably have snow, rain, thunderstorms, maybe a rare tornado but you can carry both your snowmobile and Spyder on a large trailer...High marks for the MOGang and Pitbull...They put on a fantastic event that I couldn't attend because of health issues with a by-pass operation but one thing I can say for sure...I'll be there hell or high water next April...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    Every time I go to Florida (and I go at least once a year), it rains... no matter what part of the state!!
    its raining now in Florida.... been raining since I got back from Spyderfest.....
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Phyxius's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Oh and I'd much rather be cold than hot. You can always pile on more clothes but you can only get so naked...
    -Christina
    2012 RT-S Blue
    Photographer and horse rider.
    2012 RT , Blue

Spyder Garage

This may be true for rain, wind, and chill which are merely annoyances but when you factor in snow and ice you are now talking life and death when it comes to motorcycles, so don't be so judgmental. People who like to ride in rain, wind, and chill are road warriors, people who intentionally ride sport, cruising, or touring motorcycles on snow and ice are idiots. Correct me if I'm wrong but Spyderfest is supposed to be a nationwide event, however the April date effectively weeds out sane riders from the northern states where snow and ice are common that time of year. If Spyderfest is only for the more moderate climate states then the April date is fine, if it's a nationwide event then the date is flawed.

Spyder Garage

MoGang and Ricky
    Who the heck is Ricky ?
    2011 RTS SM5