Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Thanks to all for the advice. I have ordered two of the Powerlets and a cable that I can plug a regular cigarette lighter fixture in if needed.

Spyder Garage

I have searched little and trying to figure out where would be nicest place near dash to put normal size +12 outlet, is there enough room in some spot for Spyder RS?
    Last edited by kokki; 12-30-2010 at 03:39 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kokki View Post
    I have searched little and trying to figure out where would be nicest place near dash to put normal size +12 outlet, is there enough room in some spot for Spyder RS?
    I'm assuming you meant 'same' spot. I have the powerlets installed. If you go with the 'auto' outlet, the hole req'd is 7/16" larger; it requires a 1.125" hole. You may want to get a measurement; there may be a problem due to the curvature in that area. I believe this is what you mean by normal size:

http://www.powerlet.com/product/pane...rette-socket/6

The other way to go is, purchase this type of plug assy;

http://www.powerlet.com/product/10-p...ocket-cable/10

Then, you can install the powerlet outlets.

By the way, the spyder shown above is a GS and I believe the dash is the same on the RS.

I just checked my GS and based on the cigarette outlet (from powerlet) requiring a 1.51" jam nut, I couldn't find a good place on or near the dash.
    Last edited by wyliec; 12-30-2010 at 06:02 PM.

Spyder Garage

Powerlets are the way to go. They are also shorter depth and you won't have to worry about clearance behind the dash.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

I just watching good place to normal size auto outlets and I think that maybe side of the "console" or "dash" would be some good spot? Maybe in fast speeds it not safe but, maybe it would work?

Spyder Garage

I'm about to install three power plugs, thinking more is better. I notice that most of you put them on the dash and was going in that direction, but then I got to thinking my radar detector has a long cord as does my GPS, which led me to thinking that in the fruck would be smarter so that the extra cords would be hidden in the fruck. When you park, I imagine that you will be locking your helmet in the fruck, so putting the detector and the GPS away as well.

Any thoughts from people that already are using these?

Thanks.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.