SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SENA INFO. from Dave

Hi Everyone, I hope you all at Spyder Fest are having a super time and enjoying the event
    I wish I could have been there this year.
    I have news for all of you that have been calling and emailing me about the unit needed
    to connect your RT sound system to your SENA helmet bluetooth unit... So here goes
    IT IS NOW AVAILABLE and will be ready to ship by Monday the RT requires an SM10 Transmitter
    and an SCA0123 cable If you want to order them call me ASAP I have 20 on the way now
    you can also email me if you like at motorcycledave@mac.com
    Thanks everyone
    Dave
    Ride Safe

Spyder Garage

Default Great news..!!

for all the RT ryders using your sound system. Good luck you'll be getting orders rolling in soon..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default RT to SENA hook up...

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    Hi Everyone, I hope you all at Spyder Fest are having a super time and enjoying the event
    I wish I could have been there this year.
    I have news for all of you that have been calling and emailing me about the unit needed
    to connect your RT sound system to your SENA helmet bluetooth unit... So here goes
    IT IS NOW AVAILABLE and will be ready to ship by Monday the RT requires an SM10 Transmitter
    and an SCA0123 cable If you want to order them call me ASAP I have 20 on the way now
    you can also email me if you like at motorcycledave@mac.com
    Thanks everyone
    Dave
    Ride Safe
    Hey, what do I need to do to connect this to my new 2013 RT SE5, I have a CB installed, what do I need to add? Paco
    Chase the wind every chance you get.....! 2013 Circuit Yellow RT-SE5
    Mods: Bump Skid, foam grips; Tric-LED 3rd & 4th tail lights, Mirror turn signals, & front fender lights; CB, Shortee CB & Radio Antennas, NBV Highway Pegs, USA & CA flags on Rivco flag mounts, Black widow frunk logo, Utopia Driver backrest, Sheepskin Driver Seat pad, running & brake light license frame, Chrome Luggage Rack, Ram mount on dashboard for iPad Mini for GPS, Race Tech shocks all around.

Spyder Garage

What is the price on this little gizmo and the cable??
    2011 RT LTD /MODS: Seal Floorboards, Elkas, SpyderPops Bump Skid and Block off plate, HMT Brake light, BajaRon's sway bar, Heim Links, Diamond R's passenger armrest, Utopia driver backrest

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pacog1943 View Post
    Hey, what do I need to do to connect this to my new 2013 RT SE5, I have a CB installed, what do I need to add? Paco
    You need the SMH10 or SMH10R headsets (1 or 2 depending on whether you have a pillion) + SM10 transceiver + 1 sc-a0123 cable. The cable will plug into the front headset 7 pin connector, the passenger connector will no longer be used. You then pair your helmet and your pillion's helmet to the SM10. This basically eliminates the cable and honestly, why would you do that if you already have the wired headsets?

Remember, a wired headset connection, especially a high end unit like a J&M, will ALWAYS sound better than the best Bluetooth setup, it's the nature of the compression technology used by the Bluetooth transceivers. The only advantage I could see is the ability to pair your phone......

Quote Originally Posted by ornerydog7 View Post
    What is the price on this little gizmo and the cable??
    The price on the cable is $24.95 list, not sure what Dave sells it for: http://www.buysenabluetooth.com/sm10/sc-a0123.html