Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default The Ups and Downs of air ride.

Well I can't find any downs.
    MWNS

Link: http://www.chromegarage.com/pics/mat...der-Air-02.mpg

Spyder Garage

Default Re: The Ups and Downs of air ride.

the only downs I see to air ride is price... awwhhh that hurt...

air ride is a dream.. I have it on my M109 and couldn't imagine it without it
    got the ubit used for $500 and love it but would still pass if it were the original $1000

Joe did a great job on the systems

Spyder Garage

Possible down could be voiding your warranty and causing problems with the VSS.

If the adjustments were limited to within the factory ranges I think this would be great..... but allowing the spyder to go down that low doesn't look safe to me.

A nicer ride... sure.. go for it... but I don't get the 'need' to 'slam' the spyder down that low. Of course I always thought low riders were dumb... along with those thin rims.

I don't see that the ride of the spyder is bad enough that it needs 'fixing'... but to each his own.

RT-S PE#0256 SyderLovers Sponsor Mad Matt's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal

If the adjustments were limited to within the factory ranges I think this would be great..... but allowing the spyder to go down that low doesn't look safe to me.
    The Kewlmetal system has the exact same top and bottom travel limits as the stock shock.

Matt

Spyder Garage

Possible down could be voiding your warranty and causing problems with the VSS.
    The Stock shock can be put back on in a few minutes, it's 2 bolts. If you were having any issues that require the dealer to look at your spyder, you can simply put the stock shock back on when you take it in.

Matt

Spyder Garage

Possible down could be causing problems with the VSS.
    I hesitate to answer this because it's one of those topics....but I will say that I have studied the shop service manual, and there are no sensors in the VSS system that are effected by the type of shock that you have. There is no sensor on the shock, or the swingarm position or anything like that. The VSS does not know how you are holding up the rear end, air, nitrigen, constant rate spring, progressive spring, etc. I have road tested my air ride pretty agressively and all is functioning well.

Matt

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear it's working out well. Sure looks like your adjustments go further than the stock unit does.....at least on the low end of things.

Do you actually ride with it low like that? Isn't there a chance of bottoming out?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have an idea if that will work .mod the front shock with the air ride .so you can adjust shock length (one shorter another longer ) either auto or manually when you make turn you can lean easily like 2 wheel bike .