Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Cover for Spyder

Does anyone know if they make a cover for the spyder? Would love to get one for overnight coverage.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: Cover for Spyder

Yup, check them out on the BRP Spyder products webpage.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

SO TO LET YOU KNOW, BRP SELLS TWO DIFFERENT COVERS, ONE FOR EXTERIOR 280-0003-37 FOR $187.49 AND THE OTHER FOR INTERIOR USE 280-0003-38 FOR $162.49 (CANADIAN FUNDS)

HAVE A GOOD DAY

MARCO

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Revman600ho
    Does anyone know if they make a cover for the spyder? Would love to get one for overnight coverage.
    I don't know for sure, but I'd be willing to bet a snowmobile cover would work for the Spyder. That is, of course, unless you insist on a perfect fit.

Regards,

Mark

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have the inside cover. The material is light, washable, and folds up small enough to fit in the trunk in a small bag provided with cover. Nice feature is that it is "shaped" to hug the back fender, in front around the side mirrors, and down to the side front wheels, and over the trunk and down. The elastic edge secures very nice and easy to deal with. Even though Spyder is garage kept, it keeps the cat off my seat cover and is a snap to remove and cover. It also has Spyder logo front and back so easy to know which goes where. Pricey but worth it for me.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

But will the cover fit with the backrest installed? Most factory covers don't fit once you install a backrest on a bike. I know most have not yet received the backrest, so it may be a question that can't be answered. I'd hate to have to remove the backrest every night to put on the cover.

Spyder Garage

I have the outdoor cover from BRP, it was $149.99 plus 10% dealer discount. I use it at work every night to cover my spyder. It even fits with the F1 windshield. It has a cloth piece where the windshield goes. It has a slit that you can open to fit with the backrest as well. When I take it off, I roll it up and bungie cord it tight and it packs up fairly nice. It keeps my Spyder covered, keeps the dew off my seat and just protects it overall. It was a good investment as far as I'm concerned. I tried a generic cover first and it just didn't fit at all. This BRP cover is made for the shape and size of the spyder. I looked at snowmobile covers as well, I just didn't really think they would fit as nicely as I wanted. So all in all I am very happy with my cover from BRP.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Does anyone know if the inside cover has the slit for the backrest. It seems if they were smart enough to put it on the outside cover, they would do the same for the inside one.

Spyder Garage

the outside cover you use the bag to put it in it dubbles for the back rest cover the inside it streches over it

Very Active Member Star Cruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I ordered the inside cover, but it won't be here until the Spyder is
    I ordered the backrest as well...I DO hope that I will be able to use it. The backrest is easily removable, so I suppose the worst thing is that I'll have to remove it when I cover the baby for the night.

Also anyone know if there is any problem covering the exhaust if it is still hot?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang
    I have the outdoor cover from BRP, it was $149.99 plus 10% dealer discount. I use it at work every night to cover my spyder. It even fits with the F1 windshield. It has a cloth piece where the windshield goes. It has a slit that you can open to fit with the backrest as well. When I take it off, I roll it up and bungie cord it tight and it packs up fairly nice. It keeps my Spyder covered, keeps the dew off my seat and just protects it overall. It was a good investment as far as I'm concerned. I tried a generic cover first and it just didn't fit at all. This BRP cover is made for the shape and size of the spyder. I looked at snowmobile covers as well, I just didn't really think they would fit as nicely as I wanted. So all in all I am very happy with my cover from BRP.
    I also have the outdoor cover and was very impressed with the fit and features of this product. Well worth the 150 bucks. I am looking into a larger windshield and was afraid my cover wouldn't fit anymore. I'm very glad to hear it will still work with an F1, 'cause that's probably what I'll get.

Excellent! :bigthumbsup:
    Jon W. #595

P.S. I have to wait 1 to 1 1/2 hours before the exhaust pipe has cooled off enough to put the cover on.

Very Active Member Star Cruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dub70
    P.S. I have to wait 1 to 1 1/2 hours before the exhaust pipe has cooled off enough to put the cover on.

Spyder Garage

I think dltang can offer more insight into this but I thought her outdoor cover had a large heat resistant patch inside the cover where it would contact the exhaust. I don't think she waits for an hour to put her cover on. I know she'll correct me if I'm wrong. ;D
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt
    I think dltang can offer more insight into this but I thought her outdoor cover had a large heat resistant patch inside the cover where it would contact the exhaust. I don't think she waits for an hour to put her cover on. I know she'll correct me if I'm wrong. ;D
    Yup it does have a heat shield at the exhaust. The stock pipe got hotter than my Hindle does. Sometimes with the stock pipe I would cover everything and tuck the cover up on passenger foot peg to cool for just a short time. With the Hindle, I cover immediately and have not had any problems or burn marks so far. I hope that helps.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Does anyone know if the outdoor cover will fit with the mirror extentions.

Frank

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ld271
    the outside cover you use the bag to put it in it dubbles for the back rest cover the inside it streches over it
    I tried this at first, but it was a bit of a struggle, and didn't hold itself closed. I have been using a camping stuffsack, instead. I think this one is 7x16, by Outdoor Research. It is simple to stuff the outdoor cover into, and makes a nice, compact package, that can be stored on a shelf, or carried in the trunk.
    -Scotty
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

yes, brp builds two, a garage or outdoor cover, we have them in stock, 231 745 4606

Spyder Garage

How would the outdoor cover do on the Spyder on an open trailer? I have to go places with some fairly large tools, and trailering is the only way I can take my Spyder with me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by retread
    How would the outdoor cover do on the Spyder on an open trailer? I have to go places with some fairly large tools, and trailering is the only way I can take my Spyder with me.
    To the best of my knowledge, it is for storage only, not transport. I haven't used dltang's cover but I have looked at it a bit. I'm not sure I would trust it on an open trailer unless you were only going at slower speeds. It may hold up just fine but I would want more assurances from BRP or proof that it has been designed for open trailering before using it that way.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

I would never cover a vehicle while transporting it in the open. The wind will whip the cover and beat the heck out of the paint. I have known guys that found their covered cars rubbed down to the bare metal in spots that way. Better to risk the elements.
    -Scotty
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

I'm wondering if yuu couldn't take a trike cover and just reverse it for the Spyder ? WhenI get my Spyder, I'll order one and see if it works

Bob
    PowerSports4Less
    (Teacherbob)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

BPR has an indoor and out door cover for the spyder.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt
    To the best of my knowledge, it is for storage only, not transport. I haven't used dltang's cover but I have looked at it a bit. I'm not sure I would trust it on an open trailer unless you were only going at slower speeds. It may hold up just fine but I would want more assurances from BRP or proof that it has been designed for open trailering before using it that way.
    I used my outdoor cover when I transported it to Napa. They have just two tab to hold it down. I took it to a guy who makes boat covers. I added 6 new tabs two in the front, side and rear. Also I put a cotton flannel blanket over it, I have a custom paint job and with the blanket on first no rub marks. Hope this will help.

John Spyder #114 :bigthumbsup:

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Can-am offers indoor and outdoor storage covers. We have them in stock!