Thread: NEW Sena SR10i

Spyder Garage

Default NEW Sena SR10i

Is anyone using the NEW Sena SR10i Bluetooth Two way Radio Adapter?? or know anything about it ?? Im wondering about its capabilities, I tried opening the User Guide at the website (http://www.senabluetooth.com/product..._menu=overview) but was unable to get the PDF to open. I know its predecessor the SR10 has ports to hook to a two way radio and a PTT button as well as other Bluetooth devices. But the rider was limited to MONO output to the STEREO Headset installed on the helmet. On the sena site the SR10i is packaged with far fewer accessories than the SR10, notably no Cigarette Charger. Im wondering if the SR10i is a Dual Streaming Stereo Bluetooth device like the SM10, but with the added capability to operate a two way radio and PTT. If so it would meet my needs for part of an alternative to the BRP CB Communications System. I want to be able to talk to my passenger, other riders via CB, listen to my music, and GPS: ALL through one headset and in STEREO.

sr10_1.jpgname_sr10i.jpg

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I don't know much about this product but before I bought my SMH10 set I called Sena many times to talk to their technical department to gain as much info as I could. They were great support. I would suggest calling them.

Spyder Garage

This link to the PDF worked for me

http://www.senabluetooth.com/downloa..._SR10-v1.2.pdf

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by harrypottar View Post
    This link to the PDF worked for me

http://www.senabluetooth.com/downloa..._SR10-v1.2.pdf

harry
    Harry
    I think the link is for the SR10 and not the Sena SR10i

Try this links

http://www.senabluetooth.com/downloa...Sena_SR10i.pdf

http://www.senabluetooth.com/downloa...SR10i-v1.2.pdf

Hope this helps
    Last edited by eddieshep999; 04-21-2013 at 01:18 AM.
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

SUCCESS!! Thanks for the working link. User Guide states its compatible with both MONO and STEREO Headsets, but doesn’t say anything about hearing your music or other Bluetooth devices IN STEREO. Think I will have to make a phone call to Sena before dropping the $$$$ for this unit. If this works the SR10i could be the answer some of us are looking for to fully integrate a hand held CB radio,PTT button, AM/FM radio, other Bluetooth devices, and Bluetooth intercom headsets. I could'nt help but noticed we would have to purchase the necessary connecting and charging cables separately.

sr10_1.jpg
    name_sr10i.jpg

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Did you end up with one? We have 4 Sena SMH10's all connected for both riders on both bikes.. now on long trips, our support gang in the RV's may want to harrass us via the Midland 2way..

Any idea how they work? doesn't specifically say 2 Bluetooth headset will connect to one SR10i like the SM10 specifically says "Dual Stream"..

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

hobbicam

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    SUCCESS!! Thanks for the working link. User Guide states its compatible with both MONO and STEREO Headsets, but doesn’t say anything about hearing your music or other Bluetooth devices IN STEREO. Think I will have to make a phone call to Sena before dropping the $$$$ for this unit. If this works the SR10i could be the answer some of us are looking for to fully integrate a hand held CB radio,PTT button, AM/FM radio, other Bluetooth devices, and Bluetooth intercom headsets. I could'nt help but noticed we would have to purchase the necessary connecting and charging cables separately.

sr10_1.jpg
    name_sr10i.jpg

Spyder Garage

If you go to the Sena Website and click on the SR10i this is what it says at the bottom right.

"SR10i only supports HFP(Hands-Free Profile) Bluetooth connection with a Bluetooth headset. HFP is a typical and standard Bluetooth headset connection which can only transmit mono audio. If a stereo audio device like the music player is connected to SR10i, audio quality will be diminished to mono audio. Thus, connecting stereo audio device to SR10i is not recommended."

So no, you cant get stereo audio in. You can connect a radio but it converts to mono.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Call Motorcycle Dave a site sponsor and a Sena Dealer.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White