Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Clutch on 2010 RS SE-5

Felt like my clutch was slipping so took it into the dealer. My Spyder only has 4,000 miles on it and needs a clutch per the dealer. Fortunately, CanAm is covering the parts because of the low miles. What or how can a clutch need replacing at 4,000 miles?

Spyder Garage

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bob View Post
    Felt like my clutch was slipping so took it into the dealer. My Spyder only has 4,000 miles on it and needs a clutch per the dealer. Fortunately, CanAm is covering the parts because of the low miles. What or how can a clutch need replacing at 4,000 miles?
    Did you cruse - a lot - below 4000 RPM?

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Default Check threads..!!

There are several threads on the subject. Should read through them. The automatic system is very different than the manual or variable speed clutches..though yours maybe premature...!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

what gear was it slipping in or was it all gears, I believe I have a similar problem in second gear on my 2011 RS SE5. I have been riding it hard on the twisties and on my weekend run up devils highway in Eastern AZ last when I go hard into second gear either up to second gear or down into second gear it takes a second or two to grip. Same when I was down shifting hard into a curve It would shift down to second but it would take a second or so to grip. In factr rear tire would finally grip and I would break traction in the curve and slide a bit - I hjave the xtended warranty and the three service contract - Hmmm...
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.” Edward Burke

Spyder Garage

Question

Quote Originally Posted by blambert View Post
    what gear was it slipping in or was it all gears, I believe I have a similar problem in second gear on my 2011 RS SE5. I have been riding it hard on the twisties and on my weekend run up devils highway in Eastern AZ last when I go hard into second gear either up to second gear or down into second gear it takes a second or two to grip. Same when I was down shifting hard into a curve It would shift down to second but it would take a second or so to grip. In factr rear tire would finally grip and I would break traction in the curve and slide a bit - I hjave the xtended warranty and the three service contract - Hmmm...
    How's your oil level? In the twisties with the G forces you could be starving the clutch of much needed oil. Just a thought.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Didn't cruise alot below 4000 RPM's. Felt like it was slipping in all gears. I could be cruising along at 70 MPH which is right around 5000 rpm's and if I started up a hill, the rpm's would jump to 6500 and the bike wasn't going anywhere.