Spyder Garage

Default Kill switch up date

Well after 1 month and 2 days the are done. They replaced the switch. Left the dealership and about 20 miles away almost lost right side cover. Stopped and put it back on. Noticed left not put on right. Well another 20 miles and noticed right mirror loose. Snapped it back in place. I've already complained once and now again. Guess time to find another Spyder service department. By the way this is Hattiesburg Cycle. The service manager is a nice guy.
    David

Spyder Garage

I would start by recommending that you talk with Hattisburg first. Maybe the mechanic was having a bad day. They cannot fix something if they do not know about the complaint first. That being said, mirrors and side panels should not be on the verge of falling off after serviceing.

Let us know what happens.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It is frequent situation on loose panel. I wonder how to do anything from happening again. BRP should look on this frequent problem to our.We are loyal owners and paid our hard earned money and they(BRP) should address this matters and give good solutions. Can you guys feel me????????
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

Default Sorry to hear..!!

would speak to the dealership. They should have a check list prior to delivery of a serviced roadster. I'm sure they know about this problem as well. Let them know. But glad they got your problem solved..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    Well after 1 month and 2 days the are done. They replaced the switch. Left the dealership and about 20 miles away almost lost right side cover. Stopped and put it back on. Noticed left not put on right. Well another 20 miles and noticed right mirror loose. Snapped it back in place. I've already complained once and now again. Guess time to find another Spyder service department. By the way this is Hattiesburg Cycle. The service manager is a nice guy.
    David
    Wow a month to replace a kill switch I will be getting mine replaced as soon as I can get it in to the shop. The tech said it would take him about 4 hours. The switch is wired all the way to the ignition system on the left side. I my case the switch will not turn off the .

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Spyder Garage

Mine is/has been a month to replace the throttle position senser, it takes about 1/2 hr and my brike broke down in their lot, lol... They just plain don't give a sh.., why should they, next nearest dealer is another 75 miles away. I sure hope we get one in Bellingham, it is ripe for a dealer ship as we have lost honda and harley this year.
    Last edited by bluestratos; 04-19-2013 at 09:18 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JJW SpyderRider View Post
    Wow a month to replace a kill switch I will be getting mine replaced as soon as I can get it in to the shop. The tech said it would take him about 4 hours. The switch is wired all the way to the ignition system on the left side. I my case the switch will not turn off the .
    That was the reason for kill switch was replaced. Service manager did say they were hiring 2 more mechanics.
    David

Spyder Garage

Where do you think the next best option would be? I'm due for a service. I definitely don't think I want to take mine to Jackson. I've been in there several times and they don't even act like they can spell spyder much less work on it. Baton Rouge maybe?? What's your thoughts?
    I've heard Linda with Brookhaven Honda has been approached a couple of times about carrying can am and she is considering. Sure would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    David
    2014 Silver Platinum ST Limited: Mods so far: fog lights, passenger backrest, ultimate seat w/driver backrest, rivco drink holder bracket with ram x-grip cell phone holder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderRx View Post
    Where do you think the next best option would be? I'm due for a service. I definitely don't think I want to take mine to Jackson. I've been in there several times and they don't even act like they can spell spyder much less work on it. Baton Rouge maybe?? What's your thoughts?
    I've heard Linda with Brookhaven Honda has been approached a couple of times about carrying can am and she is considering. Sure would be nice.
    Are you talking about the one by the airport? I've been to the one in Demin Springs and wasn't impressed. Would be nice if Linda would start selling them. Mechanics there are pretty good. Maybe with the 2 more mechanics in Hattiesburg they may straighten up. Service told me they are 2 weeks behind.
    David