Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Found something new for my keys and thought others might be interested.

I ran across a thread somewhere here about different ways to put your keys on a keychain without drilling into them or using the "holder" that comes with them. I can't find it again, so I thought I'd post this here instead.

I wanted something different than anything else I'd seen (though there may very well be others similar out there) for my keys and I stumbled across this. I ordered two (which is obvious from the picture below) and I'm VERY happy with them and the quality is superb. I don't want to break any rules by posting a link here because I'm not certain if I'm supposed to do that (and I am NOT associated with them in any way, shape or form, just a very happy customer), but if you have Facebook, you can look them up under "Busch and Busch" and find their page (if you have questions you can send them a message there as well - they were great at answering my questions). You can also do a web search for the same name and you'll come across their page as well (from their homepage, go to "shop" and you'll find pictures of different items they make with the key covers being the first thing pictured at the time that I write this).

They have them available in different colors (brown, black, red, yellow and blue) and have pictures of them so you can have an idea of what they look like.

I'm in love with mine!! (great service, too - I ordered mine on Friday and received them today)

Spyder keys.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't see why a link wouldn't be allowed... Links get laid out in here all of the time for folks to check out!
    But then, I ain't the boss...
    They DO look pretty nice!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default If a link is okay, than a link it is!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I don't see why a link wouldn't be allowed... Links get laid out in here all of the time for folks to check out!
    But then, I ain't the boss...
    They DO look pretty nice!

I just didn't want to do something that was against site "rules".

Here's the link to their Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/buschandbusch?fref=ts

And here's the link to the covers themselves on their site:
    http://buschandbusch.bigcartel.com/p...yder-key-cover

Like I said, they were great about answering questions I had and I messaged back and forth with them on Facebook several times before purchasing. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks!
    As my small brain understands the situation; vendors who want to sell stuff in here have to (rightfully so!) pay to sign on as a site sponsor.
    But...
    Us guys; who are constantly finding the darndest things out there, are always posting information and links about it.
    The trick; I guess, is to be honest about what you're doing, and you'll always be safe!
    After all; nobody wants to have an encounter with...
    The BAN HAMMER! lamonts%20banhammer.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Repeat..!!

Saw that some time ago with link. So your fine. They are very nice and well made..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb

BRP key sheath. If anyone has one or two they wouldn't mind parting with please PM me.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

look like great quality! thanks for the link.

Spyder Garage

They look nice. Went to order one & they want $12 to ship it to Canada. Did not proceed.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default i got the first

Quote Originally Posted by GMac View Post
    I ran across a thread somewhere here about different ways to put your keys on a keychain without drilling into them or using the "holder" that comes with them. I can't find it again, so I thought I'd post this here instead.

I wanted something different than anything else I'd seen (though there may very well be others similar out there) for my keys and I stumbled across this. I ordered two (which is obvious from the picture below) and I'm VERY happy with them and the quality is superb. I don't want to break any rules by posting a link here because I'm not certain if I'm supposed to do that (and I am NOT associated with them in any way, shape or form, just a very happy customer), but if you have Facebook, you can look them up under "Busch and Busch" and find their page (if you have questions you can send them a message there as well - they were great at answering my questions). You can also do a web search for the same name and you'll come across their page as well (from their homepage, go to "shop" and you'll find pictures of different items they make with the key covers being the first thing pictured at the time that I write this).

They have them available in different colors (brown, black, red, yellow and blue) and have pictures of them so you can have an idea of what they look like.

I'm in love with mine!! (great service, too - I ordered mine on Friday and received them today)

Spyder keys.jpg
    I proud to say I have the first one they made. ( look for holeless key solution) I used to work with there father new they did the custom leather work and gave them a idea sent them a couple of pictures of the key with a tape measure for scale and there it was. great guys glad your happy

Spyder Garage

Gmac and others,

I've been meaning to ask this question. But, first let me say I like this one the best and will probably buy one.

My question is: Isn't anyone concerned about putting a bunch of keys on the key ring and it bouncing and doing some scratching? That wouldn't bother me; but, I have had the ring break before and luckily it was in the car.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    BRP key sheath. If anyone has one or two they wouldn't mind parting with please PM me.
    PM sent.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Gmac and others,

I've been meaning to ask this question. But, first let me say I like this one the best and will probably buy one.

My question is: Isn't anyone concerned about putting a bunch of keys on the key ring and it bouncing and doing some scratching? That wouldn't bother me; but, I have had the ring break before and luckily it was in the car.
    I only put the Spyder key in the ignition without any other keys around it for this reason.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Gmac and others,

I just have my house key on the ring so it keeps them together when I'm off the that way I can lose them both together instead of separately

Spyder Garage

I thought you used the individual BRP key in the ignition to prevent extraneous metal from interfering with the ignition picking up the signal from the key.
    Not scratching up the bike is a side benefit.
    I could be wrong.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I bought two of them couple of weeks ago. Lance Busch was great to work with and the product is awesome. Would definitely recommend.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Same here!! Just the house key (plus the Mobil speedpass)

Quote Originally Posted by oe3spyderguy View Post
    I just have my house key on the ring so it keeps them together when I'm off the that way I can lose them both together instead of separately
    My problem is that if I don't have a house key with every vehicle key I have I guarantee I'll lock myself out of the house!! I have a house key with my bike key and both of my car keys as well. It's always possible I may get some small scratches by having it on there, but the peace of mind it gives me by knowing I won't lock myself out makes it worth it! One of the dangers of getting older I think...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I bought a set. Great quality!! And great customer service.

Spyder Garage

My problem is that if I don't have a house key with every vehicle key I have I guarantee I'll lock myself out of the house!! I have a house key with my bike key and both of my car keys as well. It's always possible I may get some small scratches by having it on there, but the peace of mind it gives me by knowing I won't lock myself out makes it worth it! One of the dangers of getting older I think...
    I do the same, but for a different reason.
    If I have a house key for every vehicle, then I never have to carry around more than 2 keys at any given time. One for the house and the other for the vehicle.
    Otherwise, I'd have to carry one house key, along with 5 vehicle keys, a key to my chain lock, and a key to my Piaggio trunk.
    I much prefer the 2 key per key ring, with individual key rings dedicated to each vehicle.
    As to the Spyder, I'm happy with the plastic sheath arrangement. So my SPyder key ring has the BRP key and a key to my home. I take the key out of the sheath when I run the Spyder.

You're not getting older, you are a trend setter.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

PM sent.

A very special thanks to 'wyliec'. He PM'd me. We mailed back and forth and the guy would not let me pay him for the sheaths(yes, two of them), or the postage. We have some really great folks here,
    and that's a fact jack

Thanks again wyliec

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

These look nice!
    How is the leather all held together at the top where the key goes in? Is there a gap or is it tight?
    Anyone have a pic looking down at it from the top of the key?
    Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    These look nice!
    How is the leather all held together at the top where the key goes in? Is there a gap or is it tight?
    Thanks!

It's held together at the top by the key ring in the holes

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Here you go - picture from the top looking down on the key

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    These look nice!
    Thanks!

Spyder keys from top.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thank You!