Spyder Garage

Default How to verify software is updated by Dealer

Went for a ride a couple weeks back and the battery died at a rest break. Had roadside assistance job start the Spyder. Took it to a local dealer who replaced the battery. Started getting random Check Engine errors and P0504 code. Went back to dealer who then checked the software. I was missing two updates, one was listed as being applied in July, and the second just came out. No more errors after updates.

Is there anyway to verify that an update was completed by the dealer in the future? This is a 2011 RT-S with 20000 miles on it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The only way that I'm aware of, is to have them hook your machine up to BUDS, and see what's been done, and what is needed.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Thinks out loud
    Spyder Garage

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MTFan View Post
    Went for a ride a couple weeks back and the battery died at a rest break. Had roadside assistance job start the Spyder. Took it to a local dealer who replaced the battery. Started getting random Check Engine errors and P0504 code. Went back to dealer who then checked the software. I was missing two updates, one was listed as being applied in July, and the second just came out. No more errors after updates.

Is there anyway to verify that an update was completed by the dealer in the future? This is a 2011 RT-S with 20000 miles on it.
    If you needed a battery they most likely did not hook it up to BUDS. BUDS is generally checked when there's a shop visit due to error codes, or the spyder is in for one of it's major service intervals. Unless the customer requests a BUDS only check. For which there will be a fee, in most instances. jmy2c

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Have to agree..!!

Bob..
    now that it has been done you should be fine till you are informed of a new one..!!
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Buds

My dealer checks them every service or if I have a problem.
    15 rt , yes Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

It seems that the BUDS updates are like the Microsoft updates, they are frequent. My '12 needed two updates within the first two weeks of ownership. Just stopped by the dealer a week ago and they hook the RT up and added the latest update, no charge.