Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FlaBound View Post
    If it was up to me, we'd be on a nice two wheel touring machine.
    But, she's my favorite riding partner, and best friend.
    So I'm very thankful for this unique machine.

Thats nice, there are real men out there!!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

So many people come up to me and say " I bet I could ride one of those, I'm gonna get me one, How much do they cost" I just smile and say, not much, and you better go get one before they are all gone!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmanzues View Post
    I usually just try and ignore those twits, but one kept at it. Finannly I said, I could not ride a Harley. He puffed and started to say something. I broke in to say, I gave up my CDL forlarge, oversize, heavyweight vehicles and bought a fun machine. He started to get mad, but several other bikers, including some HD, laughed. We had talked about spyders before, many said, they would seriouly consider Spyders, when/if they had to go to three wheels. Twit decided to leave. I alway have felt, it is not what you ride, but if you ride. Oldmanzues

I guess I was already immune to this treatment, I rode a scooter for years and still own one. Once I was riding my scooter and a beat up old car with 3 twenty somethings pulled up beside me and the driver yelled, "when are you going to get a real bike" and I yelled back, " when are you going to get a real car!!" The driver sped away pissed and the passangers laughing.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Blue Knight View Post

I always like to see the "hard core biker" types pulling their factory HD Customs on a trailer with a $40,000 Pick Up to a rally. And then telling me at the same rally (which I rode to) that I am not a real motorcyclist due to my riding a Spyder!
    ^^ This a million times over!

When I did ride a harley two years back most of the guys I ran into were still jerks with a chip on there shoulder so being "part of the harley" crowd really only meant you rode one or you had one you pulled out twice a year for the festivals. Even though I put 10k on my harley in a few months most of the guys who I ran into that were "drugstore cowboys" still had a chip on there shoulder unless your bike coast more than theirs.

What I learned in my harley days was 80% of the guys I meet who owned them were more concerned with there ride than the actual riding.

I love when I get the comments like "I might get one when I cant hold up my bike anymore" then they ask why I got one and I reply "I enjoy speed, handling, saftey and a ride I can enjoy weather im going out for 5mins or 500miles"

I love all bikes... loved my sports bikes enjoyed my harley... LOVE my spyder and I respect all those who love to ride no matter what they are on.
    I laugh at those that think "riding" is about what you ride

Spyder Garage

right on!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Or

Quote Originally Posted by steve635 View Post
    How about "The jerk store called, they want you back"?

Thats your sign!

Some village is missing the village idiot!

Spyder Garage

I always get the same "why not get a Harley like everyone else?".

"Because I'm not everyone else."

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderraven View Post
    ^^ This a million times over!

When I did ride a harley two years back most of the guys I ran into were still jerks with a chip on there shoulder so being "part of the harley" crowd really only meant you rode one or you had one you pulled out twice a year for the festivals. Even though I put 10k on my harley in a few months most of the guys who I ran into that were "drugstore cowboys" still had a chip on there shoulder unless your bike coast more than theirs.

What I learned in my harley days was 80% of the guys I meet who owned them were more concerned with there ride than the actual riding.

I love when I get the comments like "I might get one when I cant hold up my bike anymore" then they ask why I got one and I reply "I enjoy speed, handling, saftey and a ride I can enjoy weather im going out for 5mins or 500miles"

I love all bikes... loved my sports bikes enjoyed my harley... LOVE my spyder and I respect all those who love to ride no matter what they are on.
    I laugh at those that think "riding" is about what you ride
    I didn't know that Harley riders would look at other Harley riders differently. Never thought about that. I guess your just not one on them if you ride a sportster.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by paintedlady1 View Post
    So many people come up to me and say " I bet I could ride one of those, I'm gonna get me one, How much do they cost" I just smile and say, not much, and you better go get one before they are all gone!!
    The two biggest questions to me are What kind of gas mileage do you get and how much do they cost? The first answer is you don't buy them for the gas mileage, If recreational vehicles were sold on gas mileage the industry would die overnight. The second answer is they cost bout the same as a gold wing but you get an extra wheel and all the safety features included free.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StanProff View Post
    I didn't know that Harley riders would look at other Harley riders differently. Never thought about that. I guess your just not one on them if you ride a sportster.
    Yeah I ran into lots of guys with this attitude...

They would bark "its not a real harley" I would tell them they were not "real riders" they would look at me confused and proceed to tell me how hardcore they were with all there additions on there bike and how much the chrome cost and blah blah blah.

I would then refer them to the actual "hardcore" riders of old and explain that those guys they attempt to immulate did not ride couches nor did they trailer there bikes to where they needed to go..... but I would reassure them after I said that with "but hey they did wear leather and bandannas so aside from actually riding you guys are serious riders"

conversation usually ended after that =)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by elixermixer View Post
    Why did he have 2??????? Am I the only one confused
    i seriously doubt it.

I think he was confused as to what he really wanted and his HD mentality got the biggest bite!

Spyder Garage

Default Not everyone can drive a Spyder.

Quote Originally Posted by StanProff View Post
    Or a VROD.

Current Bikes:
    2018 BMW K1600 B
    2012 Spyder RT LTD - Sold
    2003 HD VRSCA (VROD)

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

The only real Harley is my Tri-Glide. All them other guys are want- er Be's.........