Spyder Garage

Default Went for a spur of the moment ryde today

And guess whom ended up meandering all the way to Klinger's in Walton NY???

My wife and I left Norwich and headed for Oneonta. Once there we took 28 over the mountain and down into Delhi. From Delhi we took 10 south into Walton. We stopped for a break and to find Klinger's (as I have never been there). We left there and took 206 through Masonville, and Bainbridge, and into Greene. From green we headed back to Norwich where I dropped my wife off to the car and rode back up to the house in East Pharsalia. We wore our snowmobile, bibs included, to ride today and my wife said she got lots of strange looks when she stopped at the local Price Chopper with all of her gear on minus the helmet.

I learned a couple things today. I don't really want to tour two-up on roads that have super twisties in them. State Route 28 from Oneonta to Delhi has a couple dozen sharp corners and switchbacks, and was not as much fun (with a passenger) as I had imagined. I also learned that 206, and 41 are great roads, and that they actually run together for some distance. I picked up a nice folded plastic map that I am going to keep with the mistress and I am going to work on a route for a future group trip. I want to say it will be this Saturday, but I cannot be certain of that date yet.

My wife and I both had an absolutely amazing time on the group ride we did last week and definitely hope to ride with Jim, Nancy, Don, and Bill again. Thanks again to Jim for leading the way on that great run. It was so nice to meet a group of people that believe all spyderlovers are friends, even if they haven't met them yet.

Just sayin'............
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

Default Good news..!!

bet all three of you were itching for a road trip of the asphalt type. You and the wife had a good time but the one that shined was...the... Enjoy there is more to come..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Chad, Perhaps some adjustments to the front shocks would help with those gorgeous twisty roads a bit?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Chad, Perhaps some adjustments to the front shocks would help with those gorgeous twisty roads a bit?
    I might need to put a little more spring into it, but I love the way it rides when I do not have a passenger on-board.
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.

Just sayin'............

Very Active Member Spyderjockey's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Ditto for us

[QUOTE=otter28169;601870] Went for a spur of the moment ryde today!

My wife and I decided to for a ride yesterday also. Went up the east side of Skaneatlas Lake half way to Skaneatlas made a right turn and went over to Otisco Lake and then over Laffayette and back home. Had a guy in a pick up behind us blow his horn at us between the lakes at an intersection....I thought I wonder what he thinks I've done wrong. He was looking to get directions to Skaneatlas so I told him how to go, then he said what a great looking bike and wanted to know if we just got it. I told him we have almost 80,000 miles on it and have had it for 4 years. He couldn;t believe it!! Makes you feel good to think people think your bike is new when you've had it going on 5 years.

It was 39 degs. for most of the ride, but we wore our First Gear Thermal suits from Bajaron and were very comfortable. Can't wait for warmer weather though and some more rides with all of you guys again and of course all of our friends from Eastern NY ( Hope to see you soon, Randy) and anyone else that wants to ride!!
    Last edited by Spyderjockey; 04-07-2013 at 06:40 AM.
    Corbin Bags and Corbin trailer hitch
    Shark 250 Watt Sound System with 2 speakers in front 1 in back
    Kurakyn Highway Foot Pegs
    Garmin nuvi 1450 LMT with Ram Mount
    F1 Queen Slider Windshield
    Power Outlet
    Shark communtication system
    SDC L.E.D. 6" Tail/Brake Light
    Gremlin Bell from Tail of the Dragon ride
    Cortech tank bag
    Kewlmetal adjustable handlebars
    Elkas Shocks all the way around
    Utopia Backrest

Love my Spyder!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Otter, had similar thoughts at one time. I added a new sway bar and RT shocks and no issues now. The best 300 in mods I have spent.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Shocks; I've got a set of 2011 RT shocks here if you think that they'd help... (Or do you have the Fox Podiums already?)

Spyder Garage

I drove that road in the truck plenty of times to pick up and deliver in the dairy plant in Delhi.... Not a fun road to take with a semi!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But it's a TON of fun on a

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you had a great ride.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default 1958POPEYE

HAVE FAMILY IN ONEONTA, LIVE IN BETHLEHEM, PA.
    NOT SURE WHERE PHARSALIA IS AT, WOULD LIKE TO
    MEET UP ONE DAY FOR A NY RIDE

Spyder Garage

Hey Chad. Lean back as far as possible on the twisties and lean out. Sometimes it's hard to hang on that way but it's an absolute blast! Twisties with the spouse/significant other/girlfriend on the back never work out well though. I end up worrying more about a kidney punch than the Spyder's performance!! Bill
    Bill H.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by POPEYEART View Post
    HAVE FAMILY IN ONEONTA, LIVE IN BETHLEHEM, PA.
    NOT SURE WHERE PHARSALIA IS AT, WOULD LIKE TO
    MEET UP ONE DAY FOR A NY RIDE
    Pharsalia is 15 minutes west of Norwich. Takes me about 45 mins to an hour to get to Oneonta. Let me know when you are on your way up

Just sayin'............

Just sayin'............