Spyder Garage

Default Pitbull Powersports New Front Shock Relocators!

Malissa and I were at Pitbull Powersports last weekend for the Mogang Spyderfest meeting and Len mentioned some new Front shock relocator brackets that he designed for the Spyder. I've had Elka shocks for 8 months and thought 'how can my spyder handle any better? I had Len put a pair on my RTS and OH MY GOSH, I was totally amazed how much better my spyder handled on the highway. We headed home North on I-44 and the wind was gruesome with a lot of side winds and tractor trailer shear. I was expecting the normal sway and buffeting in the front end, but the ride was smooth and very easy to handle. Usually my arms get tired from fighting the steering with the wind buffeting on such a long ride, but the ride home was smooth and effortless. Love the way it handles. It makes the Elka's work so much better because of the different angle of the shock. Thanks Len for the great design.
    2015 RTS Spyder, Intense Red Pearl, Baja-ron swaybar & links, Custom Dynamics trunk brake light, third & fourth brake lights from TricLED, Spyderpops bump skid, led lights on turn signals, Rear Elka shock, sheepskin seat cover & a new Black Freedom Trailer. We love our Spyder!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderfever View Post
    Malissa and I were at Pitbull Powersports last weekend for the Mogang Spyderfest meeting and Len mentioned some new Front shock relocator brackets that he designed for the Spyder. I've had Elka shocks for 8 months and thought 'how can my spyder handle any better? I had Len put a pair on my RTS and OH MY GOSH, I was totally amazed how much better my spyder handled on the highway. We headed home North on I-44 and the wind was gruesome with a lot of side winds and tractor trailer shear. I was expecting the normal sway and buffeting in the front end, but the ride was smooth and very easy to handle. Usually my arms get tired from fighting the steering with the wind buffeting on such a long ride, but the ride home was smooth and effortless. Love the way it handles. It makes the Elka's work so much better because of the different angle of the shock. Thanks Len for the great design.
    Thanks for the review. Gonna get mine installed at my appointment with the Pit Crew on Wednesday afternoon during Spyderfest.
    Last edited by SpyRyd; 04-11-2013 at 06:14 PM.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Spyder Garage

It seems I heard this new mod slightly lowers the front end of the RT... Do you have a feel now for about how much lower ?

(Waiting to hear as I do not want to reduce the ground clearance under the front of my RT any more than I already did with the BumpSkid... )
    Last edited by cjackg; 04-11-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Spyder Garage

From a handling performance standpoint lowering the center of gravity is good as long as it still leaves clearance for road hazards as I'm sure it does.

Spyder Garage

Default Shock Relocator!

Quote Originally Posted by cjackg View Post
    It seems I heard this new mod slightly lowers the front end of the RT... Do you have a feel now for about how much lower ?

(Waiting to hear as I do not want to reduce the ground clearance under the front of my RT any more than I already did with the BumpSkid... )
    I didn't notice a big difference and I didn't actually measure the height before and after, but looking at the position of the shock, it might have lowered the front end about 3/4". I still have plenty of clearance underneath and it handles so much better. You may want to call Len at Pitbull Powersports, he would be able to answer this question much better than I and could explain how the shock relocator works. Thanks for your question and reply. I think you'd like the difference in handling. Good Luck! Dennis.
    2015 RTS Spyder, Intense Red Pearl, Baja-ron swaybar & links, Custom Dynamics trunk brake light, third & fourth brake lights from TricLED, Spyderpops bump skid, led lights on turn signals, Rear Elka shock, sheepskin seat cover & a new Black Freedom Trailer. We love our Spyder!!!

Spyder Garage

My 2012 RT Ltd with Elkas currently has very close to 7" ground clearance at the front tip of Pops BumpSkid, and about 5 1/4" at the rear edge.

I sometimes ride on backroads where clearance is important plus I need clearance for the loading ramps on both my Toy Hauler and my utility trailer. Losing 3/4" is a concern. Guess I'll get the precise data at SpyderFest, then decide if I am willing to chance it.

Spyder Garage

My 2012 RT Ltd with Elkas currently has very close to 7" ground clearance at the front tip of Pops BumpSkid, and about 5 1/4" at the rear edge.

I sometimes ride on backroads where clearance is important plus I need clearance for the loading ramps on both my Toy Hauler and my utility trailer. Losing 3/4" is a concern. Guess I'll get the precise data at SpyderFest, then decide if I am willing to chance it.
    Are you pumping up the rear shock to max when you load and unload? That seems to give me more clearance...

John

Spyder Garage

Default Ground Clearance!

I just measured the ground clearance on my RTS and I've got 7 5/8" at the front of the bumpskid and 6 1/2" at the rear. I also have my rear shock on the middle setting. That was a great idea from John about the rear shock setting. Hope this helps with your decision. Looking forward to seeing you at SpyderFest. Dennis

Spyder Garage

I just measured the ground clearance on my RTS and I've got 7 5/8" at the front of the bumpskid and 6 1/2" at the rear. I also have my rear shock on the middle setting. That was a great idea from John about the rear shock setting. Hope this helps with your decision. Looking forward to seeing you at SpyderFest. Dennis
    The preload on my Elkas is set pretty firm and that likely accounts for mine sitting a little lower in the front.

I just talked with Len at Pitbull and got some assurance that I am not likely to lose any significant ground clearance with the new brackets. He indicated that the change in shock mounting position usually enables reducing the Elka pre-load setting which raises the front enough to compensate for the brackets.

We'll see Wed when they install mine !

Spyder Garage

Default Good Luck!

The preload on my Elkas is set pretty firm and that likely accounts for mine sitting a little lower in the front.

I just talked with Len at Pitbull and got some assurance that I am not likely to lose any significant ground clearance with the new brackets. He indicated that the change in shock mounting position usually enables reducing the Elka pre-load setting which raises the front enough to compensate for the brackets.

Sounds Great, Jack! I'm glad you talked to Len. I didn't want to mislead you with misinformation. I think you'll like them. See you at Spyderfest! Let the Partaaay begin!

Spyder Garage

When I installed them on my spyder Saturday the angle they sit at and location of the new hole seems to be a wash in over all height.

JT

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Pitbull Powersports front shock relocators

Were do you find the Pitbull Powersports front shock relocators? RJ

Spyder Garage

Default shock locators

you have to call pitbull p/s they have not updated the website yet

Spyder Garage

Can these relocaters be installed at home or does bike have to go to shop?
    2022 F3 Limited , Monolith Black / Dark

Spyder Garage

Super easy to do at home, even a caveman (me) could do it.
    My 2011 RSS SM5 Mods all self installed: Spyder Detailing Graphics, Madstad, Kewlmetal risers, Rivco Driver Floorboards, Evoluzione Sway Bar, 25" Touring Windshield, 2010 RT Shocks, Hindle Exhaust, Isci Handbrake, Kurakyn Grips , Rivco Passenger Floorboards, Tricled fender tips and fender lights. Rivco license plate flag holder. BRP backrest. ESI tail light lens.

Spyder Garage

did it myself at home, with a little help from pitbull by phone.
    Homer Hill

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info. I'll have to find his number and get mine ordered.Butch
    2022 F3 Limited , Monolith Black / Dark

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DriftersWay View Post
    Can these relocaters be installed at home or does bike have to go to shop?
    I did a how to a while back on installing them.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...hock-Relocator

JT

pitbull

Default relocaters

Quote Originally Posted by jthornton View Post
    I did a how to a while back on installing them.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...hock-Relocator

JT
    Thanks guys the relocaters have been working really well. we have several sets out there and all are working well. They just give you a low dollar edge on your bike and work really well with elkas! Coming soon we are bringing performance packages back with an all new Stage 1 to stage5...trying to get geared up for a lot of fun!

Spyder Garage

Default They're great..!!

Installed the re-locator blocks last week and found them to make as much change as BajaRon sway bar. If in time I find the handling lacking I will go to the elka shocks but for the time being it is just where I want it with the stock shocks..thanks guys..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Installed the re-locator blocks last week and found them to make as much change as BajaRon sway bar. If in time I find the handling lacking I will go to the elka shocks but for the time being it is just where I want it with the stock shocks..thanks guys..!!
    Glad to hear your liking them, pretty simple install with big improvments

Spyder Garage

Are you using the relocators on a GS/RS with the stock shocks and RonBar? I,m thinking of adding the Relocators to my GS with the RonBar and wonder about the "Control" improvement without getting super sensitive to steering imput?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) pslawing's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The sway bar mod made such a huge difference for me, it's hard to imagine it being any better. Can you explain the difference the re-locators made.
    Thanks