Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest Weather?

Being a Florida boy, I must admit I am a bit anxious about what the weather conditions may be during Spyderfest. Today's weather said that snow was possible! OMG. Any recommendations on what type of clothing to bring? Thanks for your help.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) CSW61's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

No snow, they are having thunderstorms the rest of tonight. Highs in the mid 70's with lows in the 40's so should be great riding weather.
    2018 RT Limited , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default weather

from west central Minnesota and for the next 24 hours we are in a WINTER STORM WARNING, 8 TO 12 inches of snow . Will be leaving for Spyderfest in less than 10 days. SOOOO, whatever the weather is down there will be a MAJOR improvement. I am leaving here in snowmobile gear plus heated gloves and vest. I will bring clothes for every type and temp of weather possible, learned the hard way too many times. LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE, here we come Spyderfest.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boomboom1 View Post
    Being a Florida boy, I must admit I am a bit anxious about what the weather conditions may be during Spyderfest. Today's weather said that snow was possible! OMG. Any recommendations on what type of clothing to bring? Thanks for your help.

Welcome to our world here in VT! Snowmobile suit ,heated gloves, neck warmer, polypro liners w/smartwool socks and -60 rated snow packs(boots)! You'll be totally comfortable guaranteed!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How cold are the evenings in Missouri at this time of the year?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Weather

I've got my snowmobile gear ready... just in case!
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

This ole Flarda boy has never seen "real live snow". I'm not worried about it as much as those darn ole tornados.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Right now that area and northern Arkansas is having severe storms, hale, heavy rain and a tornado has been reported in Clinton, Arkansas. Was just discussing this today with the wife. Well, it's not up to us anyway is it???

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Have ridden up to Spyderfest in the rain, and the Fest was sunny and nice. Have ridden up with sun, and it rained a day. It is was it is.

Per WeatherBug, Sunday will be high of 71, low of 53, partly cloudy. Monday will be high of 71, low of 56, partly cloudy. It only gives a seven day forecast. To me, it looks like all our prayers have been answered for good weather.

I'm bringing electric underwear and rain gear, hoping not to use them...
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) CSW61's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    How cold are the evenings in Missouri at this time of the year?

Weather Channel says low to mid 40's at night.
    2018 RT Limited , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I'll be using liquid heating products at the camp site.
    Corbin saddle
    spyderpops block off plate, bump skid, belt guard
    IPS
    Tricled LED lights all around(too many to name here)
    Smoothspyder belt tensioner
    Custom Dynamics britesides
    VTC floorboards, upper air vents, spoiler
    BK car stuff HID upgrade
    trailer hitch
    Repainted rear fender, trunk latch assembly, switch cluster, gauge cluster
    cell phone interface kit
    travel cover that no longer fits due to the spoiler
    New sway bar
    New shock relocator

Spyder Garage

We don't have heated gear. But we'll bring long handles warm clothes and rain gear.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Www.weather.com

Put in Springfield, MO when that loads, go to left side and click '10 Day'.
    Then you will see the forecast for the next 10 days.....which is subject to change.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    OK, If Len hasn't put someone in charge of weather that is a serious oversight!

You would have thought that SOMEONE would have thought of it!

Well, SpyderFest would be a LOT more expensive if we had to control the weather!

Come prepared for anything... last year (out first SF) the first day was warm & sunny, then cool and a bit misty/rainy, and KCPete and I rode home in 40-50 temps with rain! Spring has been a bit late coming to Missouri this year, but it should be nice & green that week and probably some of the spring flowers still with us!

Welcome to Missouri!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boomboom1 View Post
    This is the extended forecast for the remainder of the month of April in Springfield complements of AccuWeather. Subject to change of course. This is after all the mid-west.

Baja Ron - Dimple - Ultimate - Lamonster Garage - K&N - Smoothspyder - Amsoil - Hiflo - FOBO - Spyderpops

Sena - Dynaplug - Shoei - Tourmaster - Garmin

GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)

Spyder Garage

Let's see...if I remember right last year it was almost mid-80s on Wednesday and was low 50s and storming on Friday. Rain gear is probably more important that anything. It would be unusual, but not unheard of to have lows in the 40s in the morning. Count on more 50s as lows, most likely. Love using AccuWeather.com to keep an eye on it more than 7 days ahead.

Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest Weather?

Quote Originally Posted by Yazz View Post
    Have ridden up to Spyderfest in the rain, and the Fest was sunny and nice. Have ridden up with sun, and it rained a day. It is was it is.

Per WeatherBug, Sunday will be high of 71, low of 53, partly cloudy. Monday will be high of 71, low of 56, partly cloudy. It only gives a seven day forecast. To me, it looks like all our prayers have been answered for good weather.

I'm bringing electric underwear and rain gear, hoping not to use them...
    Yazz

Word of caution, don't wear electric underwear in the rain, your nose may light up and then you would be mistaken for Rudolph and any deer down south is fair game.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks! That's not looking too bad!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FaranH View Post
    Let's see...if I remember right last year it was almost mid-80s on Wednesday and was low 50s and storming on Friday. Rain gear is probably more important that anything. It would be unusual, but not unheard of to have lows in the 40s in the morning. Count on more 50s as lows, most likely. Love using AccuWeather.com to keep an eye on it more than 7 days ahead.
    I remember one day (I think it was 2 days in a row) that it got cold and had to bundle up with a few layers. The rains last year wasn't as bad as in Spyderfest '11. But yes, for all you 1st time Spyderfest-ers... take a few layers of clothing and your rain gear... it will come in handy!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Default Weather will be what it wants to be....BUT

I can control how I respond to it...always make sure I have plenty of clothes for all weather conditions and great rain gear...I refuse to let weather rob my joy or dampened the awesomeness of Spyderfest. Now hopefully I will make wise choices when I depart Monday...right now my first choice is not looking good...but a lot can change in 4 days. Worse case scenario I will have to change directions...not life threatening...now if I would (for me) make a stupid decision and ryde into a snow/ice/tornado (knowing it was in front of me)...then it is a shame on me...now if Ma Nature throws that unexpected ugly weather without any warning...well, then I make the decision....ahhhh decisions, decisions....
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Of course MOGANG has been working on weather. We are every night. One thing about Missouri, if you don't like the weather just wait a bit, it will change. As everyone has indicated, yes bring both rain gear and winter gear or whatever you do to keep warm. Even it is rains we always still have fun....and we ride!!

Getting closer, only 2 weeks till start of Spyderfest.... less than that before I ride to Springfield.

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

I think it was two years ago when there was some of the worst weather all around the event and some folks that planned on coming got scared off, even some that were in trucks trailers. Turned out that the weather was bad all around the event but not where we were. Ron and I rode through some nasty stuff but I'm glad I didn't let the forecast deter me from going. Plan for wet and pray for dry. The weather is what it is.

Spyder Garage

Default Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I think it was two years ago when there was some of the worst weather all around the event and some folks that planned on coming got scared off, even some that were in trucks trailers. Turned out that the weather was bad all around the event but not where we were. Ron and I rode through some nasty stuff but I'm glad I didn't let the forecast deter me from going. Plan for wet and pray for dry. The weather is what it is.
    Yep that was a trip to write about...but I just rode like I knew where I was going...oh that I did...and found lots of places to park to be out of the worst as I layered up/rain geared, etc. etc.....so glad I didn't allow weather to stop me. Spyderfest is one of those events that is a priority in my life...right after Christmas, Easter (and grandkids activities)...altho the grandkids activities will be on hold (txt/phone works) for a couple months. My new tool kit (Lamont recommended) is being delivered today...and my check list is complete...Hurry up Monday 6:30 a.m.....I am READY
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Yep... Spyderfest '11... Getting in and out was a mess, but it was like someone up there wanted us to have fun in Cuba, MO!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5