Thread: Top Speed

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

THAT'S why I'm such a sissy...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Scares me

My2011 RTL goes faster then I do. Which is fast enough. If anyone asks me the standard reply is "fast enough to wet your drawers."

i have yet to venture past 75 on I-95

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ledford View Post
    My2011 RTL goes faster then I do. Which is fast enough. If anyone asks me the standard reply is "fast enough to wet your drawers."

i have yet to venture past 75 on I-95
    I have yet to venture past 95 on I-75
    Maybe I'm reading the signs wrong.

Spyder Garage

The 09 RS that I use to have, I see 117 mph out of it.. Seemed that it might have a bit more but not much..

Spyder Garage

Find the bendy roads - that's where the fun is on any bike and that's where on a Spyder you can give the sports bikes a fright. Never really seen the point of straight roads

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fire911 View Post
    My spyder is slow also, topped out at about 117 indicated. I guess I am too use to the speed triple and the ducati.
    I like your thinking.. Spyder up to 116mpg on the GPS and the Ducati at 135mph..time for a Panigale
    Last edited by Spy+; 04-12-2013 at 07:19 PM.

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

2up 115mph,still had some throttle left not much but some.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

115 mph with high windshield, stock machine, hot sunday on a lonely highway in Montana, heading back from Great falls to St Mary's ( road to the rising sun ). It was one of those, I GOTTA KNOW , rides, pretty much had all it took, may have squeeked a minute few mph, but I was ok with that. Probably a good thing, even as getting closer to home base SURPRISE , RADAR, and boy did they have the customers. I tried it, did it, somewhat liked it, know what it can do and will ride on from there. P.S. for the metric converts or curious 185 KMH.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default busa

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    Maybe 118/120 mph and that's what the speedo says and not reality., Unless you have a modified Spyder like Doc, And do the flying mile at Bonneville.
    Bye the way i Had a Bussa, It will out run any bike, If the rider is crazy enough.
    I just had an operation. They took out my right kidney because of cancer. But when the Dr releases me, I will coming looking for you and your busa. Are there any dragstrips close to where you live. I would like to keep this legal. And not with my spyder but a 1958 HD sporster.
    Thank you

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arris View Post
    I just had an operation. They took out my right kidney because of cancer. But when the Dr releases me, I will coming looking for you and your busa. Are there any dragstrips close to where you live. I would like to keep this legal. And not with my spyder but a 1958 HD sporster.
    Thank you
    Yea i know about kidney's almost lost one back in 67.
    Glad you beat the big ''C'', The Busa is long gone, Now my 3 wheel ride is a Tri-Glide, And my two wheel ride is a Kaw 6n., The last time i raced at a strip was in 69, I did do a few time trials back in the early 70's with a Dune Buggy i was building just to get the engine set up and running right.

Spyder Garage

My RT see's 200 mph all the time!!!.........."Wind" from a leaf blower that I use to dry her off after washing
    Hot Wheels loves to ROCK!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's not actually what they'll do when you've got their ears pinned back and are WFO...
    It's what the casual onlooker's reaction is, when they see "200" on the analog speedometer that counts!

Spyder Garage

I topped mine at 125mph and I am a big guy (over 300 lbs). It actually has the same kind of concept as a sport bike but slower, meaning the top gear(5th) is a cruising gear so I red lined mine in 3rd then red lined in 4th and I was at 125mph. May have only been 118 if the speedo is off as you all are suggesting.
    -BigAbyss

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You should put yours on the Salt at Bonneville... A little tuning, and you've got to have enough in it for 135mph...easy!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SGSpyderGirl View Post
    This past weekend I did a ride with a group of 12 bikes (course i was the only spyder) and did a lot of open roads and what not and decided to see what the top speed was on the spyder and it seemed to top out in 5th gear at 110 (kinda sucked because I got left by the few busa's, R1's etc) The only thing it seemed to surpass was the one 250 and 600 that was in the group. Didnt know if anyone else had opened up their spyder to see what its top speed was. Mine is a 2008 so im not sure if the newer ones vary.
    I know its acceleration couldnt keep up with the faster bikes at all, I think all of them even the smaller ones had it on that, or maybe its operator error lol still learning its gearing really of what it likes and doesnt.

Did do some pretty hard twisties with it to on the opposite end of the ride, few times it had me nervous and I think I will be adjusting the suspension to handle tight turns a tad better
    I have a 2012 RSS SM5. My previous top speed was 118, but since i took my fenders off it maxed out at 126. Dont know if its the weight i took off the bike or maybe, the lack of wind resistence due to the fenders, or maybe both. I can tell you that without the femders on it, she is really touchy at high speeds

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Funny you should ask

I took mine out of storage yesterday. Took it for a buzz down the highway. Throttle open all the way, 170 km/h, which is 105 mph. Oddly enough on the tac that is only 7000 rpm. It would be nice if there was another 2000 to 3000 rpm more that it would go. That said, going those speed is crazy, but it was one of those moments I just wanted to see what was there. 2012 RTS.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SethO View Post
    I think you should sell your spyder, if you are worried about sport bikes going too fast then you should realize that if you get hit by a prius at 30mph you could be just as dead.. If we are are making goverment policy on here the first 3 things that should be outlawed are alcohol, cigarettes and fast food.
    Impressive display of wisdom there SethO

Power commander, turbo, big bore kit, maybe a little nitrous

The Spyders have extra weight, extra rubber on the road, and a lot of plastic in the wind.

You can reduce the weight, mess with tire pressure and change the aerodynamics (smaller windshield, fenders, front airdam) and squeeze some more speed out.

Or you can just enjoy what you have. 100mph ain't slow
    tHe SmOkEr YoU dRiNk ThE pLaYeR yOu GeT!

Spyder Garage

Default Top Speed

Had my wife's 09 GS-SM5 to 110.
    Shooter
    972-467-8077

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default NOT TOP SPEED ....BUT !

At Spyderfest 2013, I didn't have either of my Spyders.....But my Lady Dee let me run her 2012 RT in the Drags and I was quite surprised the it did 88 -89 MPH in the 1/4 mile consistently......( and it's stock ).........Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 05-05-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    my 2009 RS tops out at 75 mph...... it has a 'RESTRICTOR' on it.... and that restrictor would be: ME...
    if you're looking for a ROCKET, you bought the wrong ryde... although it's plenty fast for me, it is not for everyone...
    plz ryde carefully...
    I like your restrictor - I tend to never go more than 5 above the speed limit. Speed limit down here is 75, and it's 85 on the toll road.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Okay; time for some Hyper-Jets and another dosage of "Ludicrous Speed"!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    At Spyderfest 2013, I didn't have either of my Spyders.....But my Lady Dee let me run her 2012 RT in the Drags and I was quite surprised the it did 98 -99 MPH in the 1/4 mile consistently......( and it's stock ).........Mike
    wasnt Doc and Lamonster doing like 110 at the drags/Spyderfest?
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default mea culpa, mea culpa,.............But I did make the correction

Quote Originally Posted by lookerjdc View Post
    wasnt Doc and Lamonster doing like 110 at the drags/Spyderfest?
    I am pretty sure Doc went 118 + mph ,,,,LaMont ???????.......Mike ,,,,,and I have corrected my orig posted speeds...
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 05-05-2013 at 08:29 PM.

Spyder Garage

Haven't tried to top my RSS out yet. Maybe 110?? If I want BIG SPEED..................I bust out my ZX14 and scare the snot outta myself. The Spyder is comfortable, and fun to ride, given it's power to weight ratio.

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Top Speed

I have a 2013 rt limited with only a two brothers silencer. With windshield in down position and helmet tucked to glovebox and slight tailwind and a infinite interstate it will run 101 on the GPS that is provided with the limited. I think it shows 106 on the speedo.

Sent from my Galaxy S3. I may have made a spelling error or may have some grammer issues. My fingers are way to big to type on this tiny screen!