Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Top Speed

Spyder Garage

I kinda understand his thought pattern. However, I am a science guy. And I also know it takes a 1000 hp to get a sleek and aerodynamic car to 270mph. Drag and gravity are a guarantee.

Sent from my Galaxy S3. I may have made a spelling error or may have some grammer issues. My fingers are way to big to type on this tiny screen!

Spyder Garage

And if you want to go 150 to 200 MPG go get you a BMW 1000 RR. I have personally seen one pull the front tire up at 135mph without feathering the clutch. Just by twisting the throttle. And the rider was a good 250 pounds. Now that is raw power. Actually raw torque.

Sent from my Galaxy S3. I may have made a spelling error or may have some grammer issues. My fingers are way to big to type on this tiny screen!

Spyder Garage

Cool

I think it's pretty much agreed from reading this topic, that nobody really want's to get their Spyder's up to 200mph... so what get's me is, why did Can-Am build them with a 200 mph speedometer? It'll never get the needle much past ~120mph after all (just over half what the speedo can indicate)... is it just a marketing tactic to make prospective buyers *think* these machines will actually approach 200 mph?

I've only been up to 65mph on my 2012 RS, because that was the speed limit on the highway I was on and I didn't want to be holding up traffic too much (most traffic wanted to go ~70mph, but bite me!). That was uber-fast to me (I'm used to driving a big 1-ton dually pickup truck, so sitting low and exposed in the wind on a Spyder makes it seem like I'm approaching Ludicrous speed already!).

- Michael

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Michael211_2000 View Post
    I think it's pretty much agreed from reading this topic, that nobody really want's to get their Spyder's up to 200mph... so what get's me is, why did Can-Am build them with a 200 mph speedometer? It'll never get the needle much past ~120mph after all (just over half what the speedo can indicate)... is it just a marketing tactic to make prospective buyers *think* these machines will actually approach 200 mph?

I've only been up to 65mph on my 2012 RS, because that was the speed limit on the highway I was on and I didn't want to be holding up traffic too much (most traffic wanted to go ~70mph, but bite me!). That was uber-fast to me (I'm used to driving a big 1-ton dually pickup truck, so sitting low and exposed in the wind on a Spyder makes it seem like I'm approaching Ludicrous speed already!).

- Michael
    the reason the gauge goes to 200 is because you can switch it over to kph
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

the most I was EVER able to get mine to was...
    132mph. this was on a LONG, downhill (4% grade),
    straight away. don't know if it would've gone much
    faster than that.... but I was about to run out of
    room, it was about my comfort level, and there was
    a state trooper set up over the next rise.

did it once... so I'm done with it. haven't tried it
    since. have hit the 110 mark a couple of times since,
    but just a couple.

Spyder Garage

Default top speed stories

wow.................and everybody gave me hell for a ten second drag race that reached a blistering 85 mph. but it's ok to bust 120 w t .
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Fastest I ever got to was .95 MACH . . . but it was in the right seat of an FB-111. My Spyder goes "fast enough" and not a bit faster!

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

my speed on our 2013 RTS is rite on with my gps.

Spyder Garage

Spyders are great and fun machines, and they were designed to go fast enough. When I got the itch to go faster than enough, I bought a Ducati streetfighter. The spyder is a brilliant

here is my medicne for the itch to go a little faster than my spyder...lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Spy+; 08-18-2013 at 08:14 PM.