Thread: Wire color code

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Wire color code

Hi All
    I have searched the forum, as I know it has been mentioned, but can anyone tell me the wire colors for the brake, tail and ground in the tail section? I want to add a Hyperlight bar above the licence plate.
    Thanks in advance.
    Martin #930

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Wire color code

Quote Originally Posted by mrb
    Hi All
    I have searched the forum, as I know it has been mentioned, but can anyone tell me the wire colors for the brake, tail and ground in the tail section? I want to add a Hyperlight bar above the licence plate.
    Thanks in advance.
    Martin #930
    Martin, I added the Hyper-Lites to mine. http://www.spyderlovers.com/smf/index.php?topic=778.0 The ground is black, and there is one in the license light housing. Taillight is orange, and there is one of those, too. You will have to run a longer wire from the white brakelight wire under the seat/tail. I ran it down along the existing wires, under the wire/cable cover on the right side of the swingarm, and tie-wrapped it to everything along the way. You can either remove the rear fender and inner bracket to access the license plate light bolts, or reach under the fender. I recommend the latter. I also recommend fishing a wire through the license plate light wire hole in the fender, and up through the wiring groove. It takes about five hands to wrestle the fender when it is off, and run the wire. Don't ask how I know. In the end I replaced the fender and fished a wire. Good luck with your mods. You will love the Hyper-Lites!
    -Scotty
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Scotty- just what I needed. :bigthumbsup:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mrb
    Thanks Scotty- just what I needed. :bigthumbsup:
    You're very welcome. Glad I could help. You would have had no problem, though. The colors are immediately obvious, since only the orange and black exist at the license light, the black is obviously grounded, and all three exist in the taillight pigtail.
    -Scotty
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!