Spyder Garage

Default Long day under the spyder

Finally got around to installing BajaRons sway bar. Following this installed Spyderpops Bump Plate. Hardest part was jacking it up with a regular floor jack. At least I had jack stands. Tomorrow the Ride-On goes in, then the hose comes out to get the winter dust off. Then it's time for a ride and hopefully nothing falls off including me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jbiancolli View Post
    Finally got around to installing BajaRons sway bar. Following this installed Spyderpops Bump Plate. Hardest part was jacking it up with a regular floor jack. At least I had jack stands. Tomorrow the Ride-On goes in, then the hose comes out to get the winter dust off. Then it's time for a ride and hopefully nothing falls off including me.

Well i stayed on Cudos to BajaRon on a well designed product. Bring on those big rigs

Spyder Garage

Default Great news..!!

you'll be on the road again in no time..with the changes your going to ryde a new bike..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think that Ron's Anti-SwayBar should be made standard equipment on every Spyder! (BuRP; are you listening??? )
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Question sway bars

please tell me where they go and what they do?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dogdays View Post
    please tell me where they go and what they do?
    The aftermarket swaybars (actually anti-swaybars) replace the existing factory unit on the front suspension. The purpose is to provide increased resistance to body roll in turns...more than the stock units. In my opinion if you have to ask, you probably don't need one quite yet. If you haven't adjusted your suspension to optimize the settings for your weight and riding style, and haven't adjusted your technique to maximize your cornering ability, you probably don't need an aftermarket swaybar yet, either. They are a great addition, allowing a rider to wring the maximum cornering performance out of his or her machine, but not everyone really needs one. Just like the swaybars on your car or truck, the stock Spyder bar works well for the average owner, and was engineered to fit the average owner's needs. If you need more, go for it, but don't assume you need one because enthusiastic buyers shout the praises, and don't assume it is a "missing" component...it is is just an enhancement. JMHO
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Bajaron sway bar=a must