Spyder Garage

Default missing belt guard from SpyderPops feed back please

How about some feed back from those having the missing belt guard from SpyderPops on their Spyders that have ridden on dirt roads.

I see occasionally people saying to get one but I don't see much from people that have them. To me this they don't cause problems but it doesn't say much about how well it works.
    2013 Pure Magnesium Spyder RS-SM5 Cal Sci medium clear windshield, R-35 hard sided saddlebags and fitments rack, 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST Limited Embroidered Stock Seat, Trunk opening spring, fire extinguisher, Passenger backrest and rack, Added side mirrors, Handlebar bag.

Spyder Garage

Default Belt guard

I think it is because they have not had a problem when installed.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have had two, both went flying.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mine's still attached. Then again I haven't gone down any dirt roads with the Spyder.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Mines attached and I do ride on gravel. It is simple to install and I think it serves the purpose of keeping rocks out of your belt. It is basically just a piece of light weight plastic (so light I thought the box was emty when I got it.) But if you drive on gravel it is a must, one of the first thing I put on!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default Hard to prove a negative

I have one, it's still there, and have had no problems with my belt...
    Kagey

Do not mess in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Spyder RTS SE5 - Quantum Blue Metallic - LED RT HMT Brake Light W/Dual Converter Unit - Lamonster NBV Highway Pegs
    SpyderPops "Missing Belt Guard" - "Butt Buffer" Butt Pad - Utopia Backrest - Original Grip Buddies - Digital Volt Gauge
    Analog Clock - Shark LED Light Kit - BajaRon's SwayBar - Mud Flap - Custom Dynamics Radiator Inlet Covers
    Seal FloorBoards
    - Baker Air Wings - SpyderPops BumpSkid

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by burg650 View Post
    I have had two, both went flying.
    What do you mean went flying?
    2013 Pure Magnesium Spyder RS-SM5 Cal Sci medium clear windshield, R-35 hard sided saddlebags and fitments rack, 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST Limited Embroidered Stock Seat, Trunk opening spring, fire extinguisher, Passenger backrest and rack, Added side mirrors, Handlebar bag.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Netminder View Post
    Mines attached and I do ride on gravel. It is simple to install and I think it serves the purpose of keeping rocks out of your belt. It is basically just a piece of light weight plastic (so light I thought the box was emty when I got it.) But if you drive on gravel it is a must, one of the first thing I put on!
    How long have you had the belt guard from SpyderPops on your Spyder? how often do you ride on gravel?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kagey_98 View Post
    I have one, it's still there, and have had no problems with my belt...
    How long have you had it and do you ride on gravel or dirt?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by donec View Post
    What do you mean went flying?
    Both times they came off and went flying out the back. Not sure why I lost two of them, maybe they were not installed right I am not saying it's a bad product just for what ever reason I lost two of them. Anyway I don't get on any roads that might cause rocks to get into my belt so I did not see the need to get number 3, maybe I need to slow down a bit so less wind gets under the bike and maybe it will stay on. SpyderPops makes some really great stuff.

Spyder Garage

Default Belt guard

Some of the dealers where not putting the front of the guard back on right.
    Harvey has changed it so the dealer can not but it back on wrong.
    Last edited by samewok; 04-08-2013 at 04:01 PM.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default MY MISSING ROCK GUARD

How about some feed back from those having the missing belt guard from SpyderPops on their Spyders that have ridden on dirt roads.

I see occasionally people saying to get one but I don't see much from people that have them. To me this they don't cause problems but it doesn't say much about how well it works.
    I've had my SpiderPops Missing Rock Guard on for a year. I live on a bad gravel road in Montana, but haven't had a rock in my drive belt, yet. I think it's doing its job, and it's cheap insurance. Easy to install yourself, and IT WORKS. CapNCrunch

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I ride 4 miles of rock and gravel roads to get to pavement so every trip means 8 miles of rock/gravel travel before I get back home. Haven't had a problem and feel it is necessary for our conditions. Sometimes the road is "tacky" from moisture and I hear a lot of noise from small rocks hitting the underside of the bike but no problems with rocks in the belt. I believe it should be a part of the bike from the factory.

Spyder Garage

Default Doing well!!

have had one on for almost a year, some dirt roads, no problems but I do suspect it of fluttering giving sense of vibration...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black