Spyder Garage

Default A short ride turned into 301 miles...

The wife and I set out this morning at 10:00am to go for a ride. We rolled back in the driveway at 6:20pm. We ended up taking a long, leisurely ride starting in our home town of Centreville, Alabama... we rode 65 miles to Rockford, AL to see the grave of "Fred, the Town Dog". Poor Fred, that town sure loved him.

From there we rode 57 more miles to Auburn, AL and rode around the University campus looking for a tiger statue. This turned out to be a difficult task... which seems odd as the football team is the Auburn Tigers after all. We finally found one behind a gate near the stadium. It looked more like a panther to us but who are we to criticize the artist who made it?

After grabbing lunch at Chipoltle (this was our first time ever eating there, and it was good) we rode 28 miles to Lanett, AL to see the unique grave of little Nadine Earle. From what we understand, she died very young and her grave is actually a little brick playhouse. Her parents are now buried beside this little house.

We snapped a few pics of the state line between GA and AL while in Lanett, and also grabbed a Mega Millions lottery ticket (no lotto in Alabama). By now, it was starting to get late so we hopped on I-85 South towards home. Our butts were starting to get sore and this last 151 miles was the hardest. We did stop several times to stretch and grab a bottle of water... it didn't help much. We got home safely and had a fantastic ride today. The weather forecast is looking really good the next 4 days! I hope our butts recover quickly - LOL.

Last edited by sonicsix; 04-06-2013 at 09:03 PM.

2012 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Pure Magnesium
    www.JerryandCynthia.com - Our Riding Adventures

Spyder Garage

Default Not unusual..!!

this happens to most of us. You can run down for milk and the receipt will key west...!!
    glad you had such a great ryde..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Yep happened to me last weekend, this weekend the weather sucks!!!!! Like your Spyder!