Spyder Garage

Default front suspension for two up....

Would Elka Stage 1+R be a good setup for an RT with the stock shots already set at the stiffest settings? I ride with the wife on weekends and would like to have less roll in the suspension.
    KS

Spyder Garage

I too spend alot of time riding two up with my wife.
    Have the stock front shocks on my 2012 RT set to 4 (out of 5 ).
    Just had BajaRon's sway bar installed.
    BIG IMPROVEMENT.
    May want to try that first. It's alot cheaper.

Spyder Garage

I only ride the Spyder two up. I have a couple two wheelers for me solo.

I have the fronts at 5 with a BajaRon sway bar. It's perfect.

If you do the sway bar, thats all thats needed, in my opinion.
    2012 RT LTD Lava Bronze, Ultimate seat, backrests and fuel door. Two Brothers Titanamium. Laser Alignment, Seals Floorboards. BajaRon Sway Bar and links, Spyderpops blockoff, Grilles, Missing Belt Guard, Bumpskid, Gold Wing Windshield Vent, Kewlmetal Helmet Locks, Rumbling Pride Flag Holders, Cup holders, Signal LED's on mirrors, Baker Built belt stabilizer, gremlin bell, Bad Boy air horn, TricLed 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th taillights and fender LED strips. RT-622 trailer, ........More to come.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Plyrod38 View Post
    I only ride the Spyder two up. I have a couple two wheelers for me solo.

I have the fronts at 5 with a BajaRon sway bar. It's perfect.

If you do the sway bar, thats all thats needed, in my opinion.
    Plyrod,
    I'm curious. Did you increase your front shock settings incrementally? I went from 3 to 4. Have not tried the 5 setting.
    If so, did you find a big improvement going from 4 to 5?
    As I said previously, I'm at 4. Seems pretty good. I figure a 4 setting still gives me a little "softness" on the bumpys.
    But will take all the improvements I can get.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have Elka stage 1+R and they changed the ride like night and day on my 2012 RT, I have the BajaRon sway bar, but have yet to install it, but I can only imagine that will make it even better. What I got from the Elkas was a incredibly smoother ride then the stock shocks( much needed as the roads are terrible here!). As well I gained a bit of height, which made the Spyder bottom out a lot less! I am sure the bar will make a great improvement, but you can't beat the Elkas for a smoother ride! JMHO. Oh yeah and the Elkas can be reconditioned when needed so they will be on the bike for a long, long time.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've got both; the Elkas, and BajaRon's Anti-SwayBar.
    If I were the advice-giving sort ; I'd suggest trying the bar first... Then go to the Elkas if you still need less roll.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kansas Spyder View Post
    Would Elka Stage 1+R be a good setup for an RT with the stock shots already set at the stiffest settings? I ride with the wife on weekends and would like to have less roll in the suspension.
    I put a BajaRon sway bar on my RT and all I can say is wow! My next mod is the pitbull shock relocation kit then elkas... in any case with the BajaRon sway bar and the shock preload set at 4 the spyder is on rails in a turn and over steer and the resulting roll coming out of the turns is gone.

John

Spyder Garage

Default With BajaRon Sway Bar Installed .... New Front Shock Adjustment from 5 to 4.

I ride about 50% of the time two up and I am a big guy @ 260. Before installing the sway bar, we had front shocks set at #5. After sway bar installation, we adjusted the shocks to #4. This has made for a smoother ride. The sway bar provides a huge improvement in handling, and I now feel no need to install Elka's. best $200. mod for the money!

Gary

Spyder Garage

I have 2011 RT and ride two up most of the time and I am really thinking getting Elka stage 1 at Spyderfest. After reading this thread I may just go for the sway bar. I am not very aggressive. Going to check and see if the say bars will be available at Spyderfest. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Thanks folks, think I'll go with the BajaRon sway bar first after reading your recommendations. I'm trying to improve my riding skills and learn what's a spyder idiosyncracy and what's my fault. After 7000 miles in 10 months I think the sway bar is the right part for me.
    KS