Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Gas cap seal.... PROBLEM

So tonight I was at a gas station.... as usual was being distracted by the usual questions about the Spyder..... and as I took the gas cap off, I noticed that a rubber seal popped off in my hand with the cap...... I couldn't for the life of me get it to pop back into the cap.....it doesn't go all the way around, it has about 1/2" missing which I'm assuming is for venting to prevent vapor lock.......... what the hell???

Anyone have any suggestions???

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: Gas cap seal.... PROBLEM

Quote Originally Posted by matusky
    So tonight I was at a gas station.... as usual was being distracted by the usual questions about the Spyder..... and as I took the gas cap off, I noticed that a rubber seal popped off in my hand with the cap...... I couldn't for the life of me get it to pop back into the cap.....it doesn't go all the way around, it has about 1/2" missing which I'm assuming is for venting to prevent vapor lock.......... what the hell???

Anyone have any suggestions???
    This is hardly a suggestion, but I'm gonna order a couple replacement caps and keep 'em in the trunk.

I'm sure I'll lose it.

(Funny--never had the risk of losing a cap on any of my other bikes (hinged) or trucks or cars (strapped) going back to the 1970 Dodge Dart.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jeuchler
    This is hardly a suggestion, but I'm gonna order a couple replacement caps and keep 'em in the trunk.

I'm sure I'll lose it.

(Funny--never had the risk of losing a cap on any of my other bikes (hinged) or trucks or cars (strapped) going back to the 1970 Dodge Dart.
    Couldn't you buy one of those strap thingys at an auto parts store? I have never looked for one but it seems like you could find something and it might be cheaper than extra gas caps. (not that those should be real expensive anyway)
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang
    Couldn't you buy one of those strap thingys at an auto parts store? I have never looked for one but it seems like you could find something and it might be cheaper than extra gas caps. (not that those should be real expensive anyway)
    Ha! Of course, you're right, dlt!

Here's a video of one
    http://gascapke.startlogic.com/101_1207.wmv

...and another on ebay (buy it now price $5.98 + 2.20 s/h)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GAS-C...QQcmdZViewItem

(Their motto is "Don't you have enough to worry about? Keep life simple and buy a Tether. You'll smile at every fill up!!")

Hmm...Maybe I'll buy these and market them and resell them as "Spyder Roadster Custom Gascap Tethers"

http://www.uline.com/ProductDetail.a...-2155&ref=3201

A box of a thousand is $75, so I figger, $6.99 a piece?

($7.99 with a "Y" logo.)

I'll sell them in the Valcourt parking lot to pay for our trip! ;D

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

NO NO NO..... guys..... I did not lose the gas cap..... I have the gas cap..... the problem is, the rubber sealing ring popped out when I took it off..... I was able to kind of hold it back in there when I screwed the cap back on but now it's loose and will most likely fall back out when I take it off again...... any suggestions?