Spyder Garage

Default Garmin 660 or 665

Which Garmin does BRP put on the Spyder?If it is the 665 model does any one have experiance with the satelite radio function & how good is it? Thanx in advance.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by philbert1998 View Post
    Which Garmin does BRP put on the Spyder?If it is the 665 model does any one have experiance with the satelite radio function & how good is it? Thanx in advance.
    BRP's Garmin Model is the Zumo 660. It doesn't have the Sirius XM capabilites (it includes an "puck" style antenna) and with that it gives you weather updates. I installed the 665 and placed the antenna in the back truck with magnets.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    BRP's Garmin Model is the Zumo 660. It doesn't have the Sirius XM capabilites (it includes an "puck" style antenna) and with that it gives you weather updates. I installed the 665 and placed the antenna in the back truck with magnets.
    I like Erick's idea. It allows you to buy the Garmin product separate and apart from any proprietary arrangements made between BRP and Garmin. I'm sorry, but I just don't think that this arrangement allows for assigning responsibility when things go wrong.

If you buy the Garmin product separate and apart from Garmin, then Garmin becomes responsible if something goes wrong. However, if you buy you Garmin product through BRP, my experience is finger pointing and a more or less tennis match as to who is responsible. JMO

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    I like Erick's idea. It allows you to buy the Garmin product separate and apart from any proprietary arrangements made between BRP and Garmin. I'm sorry, but I just don't think that this arrangement allows for assigning responsibility when things go wrong.

If you buy the Garmin product separate and apart from Garmin, then Garmin becomes responsible if something goes wrong. However, if you buy you Garmin product through BRP, my experience is finger pointing and a more or less tennis match as to who is responsible. JMO

Chris
    Getting the GPS from BRP is not much of a difference except that it is "personalized" by Can-Am (Boot-up screen shows the BRP logo, Spyder is the vehicle choice on the map, etc), but it is a Garmin none-the-less. I really wanted the weather reports on the GPS so I went that direction. BTW, (and Lamont experienced this), if you bought your with the Zumo 660 and you want the 665, the harness of the 660 and 665 are different even though both GPS fit. Because the harness of the 660 does not have the Satellite antenna, it will not function the 665. It is better to buy the handlebar kit and wire it with the 665's kit.
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:

Spyder Garage

Cool I Have A 665

My RS didn't come with a GPS so I purchased a 665. I mounted the XM antenna to the underside of my frunk with Velcro so it is removable. The reception I get is great. Better than I ever got in my car. I ryde in the Ocala National Forest often and when my riding buddy's FM goes out on her RT, my tunes are loud and clear. I use a Sena H10 communication system so the tunes are Bluetooth through my headset.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jharpo View Post
    My RS didn't come with a GPS so I purchased a 665. I mounted the XM antenna to the underside of my frunk with Velcro so it is removable. The reception I get is great. Better than I ever got in my car. I ryde in the Ocala National Forest often and when my riding buddy's FM goes out on her RT, my tunes are loud and clear. I use a Sena H10 communication system so the tunes are Bluetooth through my headset.
    Janie, you're gonna have to show me that one. Hope all is well by the way.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jharpo View Post
    So you have no issues with the puck under the frunk (I swear I did not make this rhyme )? Good to know since I am going to work on Valerie this weekend!

Previously owned:

Spyder Garage

I just bought the Garmin 665LM and found a new problem where with size of me I block out the sat signal on XM so I will now install antenae on back fender like suggestions that will solve problem... Definitley the best garmin 665 great apps to pre set ride on computer then download to unit