Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I found the map posted showing crimes in the US to be very interesting. Nice to see that I am living in an absolutely crime free state.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't the Judges just threaten to tie those who are convicted to a fence outside the jail? They freeze to death in the Winter, or are killed by mosquitoes in the Summer...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I found the map posted showing crimes in the US to be very interesting. Nice to see that I am living in an absolutely crime free state.
    Me too, I discovered that there is a lot of crime around me and our homes are expensive! LOL

Spyder Garage

Hmmmm, I ran that map against another statiscal chart and the difference is striking. In other words, the "FBI" map doesn't paint as accurate a picture as you would think.

AK, the reason Alaska looks so crime free is that the FBI doesn't have offices there. Their agents aren't schooled in operating snow mobiles and interigating polar bears. That's why Alaska State Troopers do everything up there. I know, I watch them on tv.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    Hmmmm, I ran that map against another statiscal chart and the difference is striking. In other words, the "FBI" map doesn't paint as accurate a picture as you would think.

AK, the reason Alaska looks so crime free is that the FBI doesn't have offices there. Their agents aren't schooled in operating snow mobiles and interigating polar bears. That's why Alaska State Troopers do everything up there. I know, I watch them on tv.
    oh,oh he believes what he sees on TV

Spyder Garage

There is a large FBI presence in Anchorage. Their office building covers most of a block and looks like they have quarters for prisoners, etc. They have armed guards and fencing protecting entry and exit to the building.

A lot of people in the witness protection program probably end up here.

Just thought it was interesting that they showed no stats for AK or HI on the crime map.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Then I won't tell you.
    Exactly, if its concealed properly and not brought up in conversation, how would anyone know if anyone is packing? Plus if someone messes with the group, you could have a defense, and enforcer. :-)
    RS - 55K+ miles, F3 - 200 miles and counting.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't carry, I figured the extra weight I don't need. Stray bullets can hurt and kill and collateral damages sucks.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

Yeah, they do have a pretty good contingent there. I was just ragging on the lack of data. I do enjoy watching the show. It's amazing the diversity of jobs AST has to do there. Just recently there was one trooper who dispatched a wounded moose with his 9mm at about 15 yards. It was a clean head shot through heavy brush. Most times they use a slug round in a shotgun.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

No carry for me................in Canada only the cops and the bad guys have guns.
    2011 RTS SM5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Buttsy, But what happens if you get caught in between them??
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Originally Posted by jerpinoy
    I like to live without fear also.. Lets just have fun. Stray bullets can hurt and kill too.

Sorry I don't ride with who are packing.

Do you do a pat down on everyone you ride with? may have as many as 25% at Spyderfest Carrying. Mostly all law abiding citizens and a few active and retired Law Enforcement.

Cruzr Joe

2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Went to the Gap last year with 3 Harleys and me on the RT. We all started talking about guns and found out we had 8 weapons between the 4 bikes. 2 of them had passengers and 2 of them were active police. I felt real safe the rest of the day.....Just sayin'

If I had a nickle for everytime I left the house without mine, I would be broke.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jerpinoy View Post
    I don't carry, I figured the extra weight I don't need. Stray bullets can hurt and kill and collateral damages sucks.
    Just seems to me that the folks that CHOOSE to not carry are the ones screamin' "help me help me somebody help me". I wonder if they mean they want someone with a gun to help them. just wonderin' ya know-------Budro

Very Active Member MidLifeCrisis's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Do You Carry a Gun When You Ride

Quote Originally Posted by jerpinoy View Post
    The only time I hear about this is when a bunch of gang bangers let loose on each other and hurt innocent people. If someone pulls a gun with bad intent and someone else tries to stop him and misses a shot, it's still way better than no one stopping the bad guy. That never turns out good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mrfats View Post
    My question is a simple one...if you have a concealed permit for your particular state of residence, does that mean you can carry a weapon across the United States and still be legal?
    The answer is no. Check the web for permits honored by other states.
    When life throws you a curve - aim for the apex.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Do You Carry a Gun When You Ride

http://www.thetimelessride.com/
    Funny to see how a guy going around the world for 9 years has a Swiss pocket nice as his main weapon and locals are so afraid to go around the block without their guns!!
    Maybe this cartoon was right:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

Duck........
    2011 RTS SM5

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buttsy View Post
    No carry for me................in Canada only the cops and the bad guys have guns.
    Interesting read, but I am in the same boat as above!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Bob, we don't have much choice, but to hope we don't!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I just don't understand the rationale behind a motorcyclist carrying a gun. If someone is so fearful of injury or death as to feel they need to carry a weapon in the highly unlikely event they would need it, why would they ever ride a motorcycle which statistics prove is a far greater risk to their safety?? If someone is so fearful of their safety as to feel they need a deadly weapon wherever they go, they probably don't belong on a motorcycle.
    Last edited by pro10is; 04-05-2013 at 05:27 AM.

Spyder Garage

I think that very few people that carry do it out of "fear". Many of us are older and not as spry as we used to be. Just watch the news any night and you will see stories about people that were robbed, car jacked or had a home invasion. The beauty of our country and our constitution is that we are guaranteed freedom and safety and are also guaranteed the right to protect ourselves, and not have to rely on the government to do it for us.

Those of us that are lucky enough to live in states that do not infringe on those those American values do not carry because we quake in fear but instead to celebrate our freedom to protect ourselves and family and to honor our forefathers and their sacrifice to earn our independence from tyrants. We should also remember that one of the other freedoms we enjoy is the right to freely express our opinions about anything from the weather to the performance of our government. It is a package deal - all of our rights are guaranteed, not just the ones that make people feel good.

I also carry in my cage, not just on the motorcycle ...
    Bill
    Pride Runs Deep Semper Tacitus

An armed man is a Citizen; an unarmed man is a subject....

2017 F3 T SE6
    2015 Vulcan Vaquero ABS
    ALR Chapter 401 (Hilliard FL)
    GA & FL Patriot Guard

Spyder Garage

It's not an issue of constitutional rights (that's a whole other debate), it's simply an issue of risk assessment. If you carry a gun as a statement of freedom that's another story, but I think the question here was whether or not to carry a gun for personal safety. This is where I question why someone who rides a motorcycle would feel safer with a gun. If you're adverse to the small risk mitigated by carrying a weapon, how do you rationalize the far greater risk of riding a motorcycle?

Spyder Garage

pro10is,

You've been to enough of these gunfights on SL's; you'd might has well turn and talk to the wall.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post
    I just don't understand the rationale behind a motorcyclist carrying a gun. If someone is so fearful of injury or death as to feel they need to carry a weapon in the highly unlikely event they would need it, why would they ever ride a motorcycle which statistics prove is a far greater risk to their safety?? If someone is so fearful of their safety as to feel they need a deadly weapon wherever they go, they probably don't belong on a motorcycle.
    "help me, help me, someone with a gun please help me"