Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default SPYDER Exhaust & Air Filter

Ive noticed that alot of people are starting to switch out the exhaust on the SPYDER.. is it because it looks cooler and sounds better or is anyone getting some significant gains from the swap.

Im new to the SPYDER so im not sure how a modification to the exhaust or adding a intake or airfilter will change the spyder.

But when i work on my cars, i often find a common mistake is that sometimes swapping the exhaust soley because it looks or sounds better than stock results in a loss in HP!! or having the car run to Lean or Rich!!

Just curious to see how the SPYDER is responding to all these modifications??

- Your Friendly Neighborhood SPYDERMAN !!

Spyder Garage

Default Re: SPYDER Exhaust & Air Filter

You won't be loosing hp with a pipe change. The stock can is very restrictive.

http://media.putfile.com/Spyder-Micron

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Has anyone been hassled about the "not street legal intended for off road use violates EPA regulations and can result in fines" disclaimer on the Hindle?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BRPjunkie
    Has anyone been hassled about the "not street legal intended for off road use violates EPA regulations and can result in fines" disclaimer on the Hindle?
    I haven't heard anything so far. Heck even our dealer's service manger is changing out his stock exhaust. In Michigan we don't have to worry about EPA emissions testing. The only thing we may have some concern over is the noise level and if they aren't pulling over Harleys then they shouldn't be pulling us over.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Therer shouldn't be any hysteria out here in SoCal with all of the Harley's riding around with straight pipes. If the law wanted to clamp down they would probably start with the most flagrant scofflaws first. My Hindle is verrrrrry mild in comparison to those bikes. With moderate throttle action the Hindle can be reasonably quiet when taking off on an early morning ride in a quiet neighborhood. Most of the sound comes from the wrist action.

Spyder Garage

Is anyone here concerned with traveling through other states with the Hindle or some other aftermarket exhaust on? :cop: Being a mild to moderate worry wart, I have been thinking about what Canada will do if I have the Hindle on when I go to the Valcourt homecoming.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang
    I haven't heard anything so far. Heck even our dealer's service manger is changing out his stock exhaust. In Michigan we don't have to worry about EPA emissions testing. The only thing we may have some concern over is the noise level and if they aren't pulling over Harleys then they shouldn't be pulling us over.
    Yeah, but the cops ride Harleys! ;D We'll get nailed for sure, unless a Burgmann gets a new can. ;D
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

I believe the Hindle is street legal in Canada.

Very Active Member Star Cruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal
    I believe the Hindle is street legal in Canada.
    The literature in Canada also states that it is not Street Legal. I am not sure why, the dB rating does not seem to be an issue from what I have heard. If it is an emmissions issue that brp is simply protecting itself against, I doubt that you would be stopped and ticketed for it by any local constabulary, especially in Valcourt (Home of the Spyder)