Spyder Garage

Default High Beams On for daytime driving

We got to take a great ride here in the Phoenix area today. Had five Spyders show up and Perfect weather. I know that many of you have not had the opportunity to ride with other Spyders so I have this to share. I noticed in my mirror that one of the Spyders in our group had it's high beams on and the others didn't. I could easily see the high beams of the one but the others were invisible. The silver Spyders just blended into the pavement and the head lights couldn't be seen at all. Yellow was just slightly more visible. This changed my thinking and I am always going to ride my Spyder with the high beams on during daylight and have a look at how visible my Harley is too. None of the Spyders had the HID light upgrade installed and that could make a difference. Be seen and be safe!

Bryan

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: High Beams On for daytime driving

Quote Originally Posted by araneae
    We got to take a great ride here in the Phoenix area today. Had five Spyders show up and Perfect weather. I know that many of you have not had the opportunity to ride with other Spyders so I have this to share. I noticed in my mirror that one of the Spyders in our group had it's high beams on and the others didn't. I could easily see the high beams of the one but the others were invisible. The silver Spyders just blended into the pavement and the head lights couldn't be seen at all. Yellow was just slightly more visible. This changed my thinking and I am always going to ride my Spyder with the high beams on during daylight and have a look at how visible my Harley is too. None of the Spyders had the HID light upgrade installed and that could make a difference. Be seen and be safe!

Bryan
    I just started the "high beams in daytime" routine today after someone cut right across me and my silver Spyder and i went for the brake--but not the horn...

Which had me thinking, there's plenty of room on this rig to hide a semitrailer air horn! :bigthumbsup:

Spyder Garage

Had a really close call also but mine was at night, guy just didn't look it seemed like. I ride with high beam in daylight also, the owners manual tells you to run high beams during the day.On my Harley i also use high beam. Saving for fog lights for more visiablity. Ride safe :bigthumbsup:
    BIGD Love to Ride

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have the HID and the foglights.... so far no issues....... except one.

At night sometimes I get a couple people who flash their highs at me when I have the low beams on....... should I worry about setting the lights lower? of for visibiliy's sake, leave it where it is?