Spyder Garage

Default My first ride on a Spyder!

Yesterday my girlfriend, a buddy of mine, and I took a trip to Birmingham, AL to check out the Spyders. I must say I really like it!

I have a M109R and my girlfrind rides with me all the time, but she wanted her own bike. I got her a bike, but she is new to bike riding so she is really nervous with it. Once she saw the Spyder, she fell in love with it, and wanted to take a ride on it. She was able to ride with one of the Can-Am Reps, but I got to ride one for myself. Now the problem I see arising is that we are gonna be fighting over who rides the Spyder...lol.

The things with the Spyder that I have problems with is the riding position. I am use to a more cruiser style position, but it looks like Lamonster has fixed that with the highway pegs. The other thing is I wished the Spyder had a little more power. I guess being use to the M109R, I feel like the Spyder could use a little more "umph". Other than that, my overall impression was great, and I plan on getting one soon. The only deal with that is they don't yet sell them in Mississippi. I was wondering if I bought one say in Alabama, would my local dealer here in Mississippi would be able to service it since they don't even sell them yet? Anyone have any clues on this? When I talked to my local dealer about the Spyders, they seemed a bit clueless concerning anything with the Spyder other than that they will be selling them in the future. Doh!

Spyder Garage

Default Re: My first ride on a Spyder!

That's cool that you guys liked it. You will only be able to get service by a Spyder dealer, just a Can Am dealer won't be able to do the work for you officaly. There is a few more ponies in there too.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info Lamonster. ;D

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

from my understanding any dealership who sells spyder roadsters will maintain them.also you can have them serviced at any spyder dealersship. i don't think you'll want to deal with your dealer, find someone somewhere else that can give you better info, like this forum!!!

Spyder Garage

A dealer that doesn't sell them will not have the tools or a trained service tech to do much on your Spyder.